Lines or phrases you have unwittingly memorized.

“Your shoes are no longer on speaking terms”
Both because it is such a great way of illustrating Polythreme and because I saw it so many times while grinding there.

“They say it’s not a monster at all. It’s a man who dresses up as a bat. To, ah, prowl the city by night. But that would just be stupid.”

because batman

Melancholy has not changed from 11 because it’s higher than 9.

Wait… I don’t remember seeing that quote in the game! Where did you run across it?

Being creative when providing material to an agent of a foreign power will give you that text upon success.

A secret here, a secret there, a secret just for you.

The quote that always sticks in my head: &quotTake comfort–there are arrangements for every reckoning.&quot

Much of its stickiness comes from the context of reckonings in Fallen London. Both how they happen, and what this quote implies about the attitude of certain parties about being reckoned.

Clears throat

-UN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN TH-

Oh, and with the return of the mysteries, “We hear you.”

I remember punching in answers for the first time back in 2010 and thinking that was SO COOL.

[quote=Jeremy Avalon]Oh, and with the return of the mysteries, &quotWe hear you.&quot

I remember punching in answers for the first time back in 2010 and thinking that was SO COOL.[/quote]

I always thought it was creepy, myself. But a good kind of creepy–it adds to the atmosphere of the game.

&quotThe Constable in question has signed a testimonial to the effect that you didn’t do it, you wouldn’t know how to do it, and that you were Paris at the time it happened.&quot

&quotYou can’t go wrong with an iron hat! Except that you look ridiculous. That’s a problem certainly.&quot

And of course, the one that we all know but no one has said:

&quotWelcome, delicious friend.&quot
edited by Jules Asimov on 7/17/2017

“You have lost your mind!
Don’t panic. You may be able to get it back. In the meantime, everything is gold and red and marvellous.”

I haven’t actually gone insane more than once or twice, but that text just sticks with you.

You, the boat, and the river. (And me.)

Choose carefully (Choose carefully)

Do not do this.

“I made some…”

Holy cow I hate the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer cards, since they always seems to completely fill up my deck whenever I’m not grinding making waves.

“Anyone can be a neddy man. All you need is a stick.”

This is even less wise than it sounds.

(You imagined me. What else could I do but love you?)

I don’t even play Sunless Sea but every time someone says ‘the sun’ I just start screaming it in my head, it echoes