Lines or phrases you have unwittingly memorized.

“This is a plan without a flaw nor any possibility of error!”

“Restitution for the drowned man” sticks with me, because it was the card that made me realize there were two paths to go down Seeking.

Weather at last

&quotThe Sterveling Ket! The Sterveling Ket! What did it find the oubliette?&quot

An opportunity!

“How fortunate that you have come to visit, on the day when you are so very hungry.”

I’ve only come across it three times or so. But it’s so utterly bizarre…

You have spent _ Fate. The world tilts on its axis, very slightly.

It went away when Nex was implemented, came back briefly when Nex was dethroned, then it once again got replaced with &quotThank you&quot.
[i]
You don’t have a subscription, but you are still an Exceptional Friend.

[/i]Isn’t that heartwarming?
edited by Estelle Knoht on 7/14/2017

“hatred, as involuntary as lust.”
Sunless Sea.
I love the phrasing, the image, the everything. I read it and gasped at it+its context.

“Never trust anything that seems in a hurry to die.” Those tricky Neithers down beneath the Zee…

&quotShe was human, once.&quot

“Cleft for thee, hide in me.”

Something I’m sure we’ve all seen once or twice.

Agatha! Alert the servants! Prepare the carriage!

Memory fades, pain departs, rewards arrive. <…> Day by day the fog lifts, the hypomnesiac radiation dissipates.

Oh, on that note:

&quotThou shalt not bind the church-bat’s ears; and the labourer is worthy of his reward.&quot

Of course, you don’t necessarily consider yourself a “labourer”. Or a “he”.

But everyone likes rewards.

(It’s ‘him’ btw, not ‘he’.)

&quotOh, this is going to be one of those conversations.&quot

Also: &quotA spidery sort of man.&quot

Edit: Just thought of another good one: &quotThis is a place with a long memory.&quot
edited by Kaigen on 7/15/2017

“All is well…”

That was the second or third I bumped into when I just came, but it brought a wast amount of atmosphere
So you know what we burn for heat? … sinners.

Still, the one that had TRULY made me shiver almost to tears (although from SS) is that one, just upon revelation of a magnificent masterpiece of light and metal:
…HE SUN! THE SUN! THE SUN! THE SUN! T…
edited by SirKwint on 7/15/2017

Cats are toxic! Cheese is made from spiders! Russia is sinking! Mr Wines is marrying the skeletal corpse of a nun!

The traveller is always returning. One who does not is no traveller.