Lines or phrases you have unwittingly memorized.

Due to the nature of the game there are many actions we do over and over, and sometimes the text associated for them sticks in our heads. What have you memorized over time?

I’m now seeing this one in my sleep, due to always selling any proscribed material:
&quotIf secrets are spices, these are game, well hung. I shall match them carefully.&quot

We count the days! Not quite sure why that stuck.

“Who is Mr. Eaten? A good question. Not a wise one.”

SMEN has a load of great lines, but the one that really sticks with me is from the Forgotten Quarter. I did the Gallery of Serpents a lot preparing for the Noman, and for some baffling reason the phrase &quotThere is neither lock nor guard&quot rattles around my head at odd moments.

You make clear you’re paying and his reluctance disappears
A week too late
A week too late
A week too late
A week too late
A week too late

… someone help

I still have over four thousand of those to go… and then I get to do the Glimpses… and Deals… and Room Numbers…
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 7/13/2017

Time, the healer, brings its rewards.

Do you recall how we came to that place? And they sang of their lightnings and shapeful disgrace? And we tilted our vanes and ennobled our spires. They welcomed us then and commingled all choirs.

Not exactly a common one, but it stuck anyways.
edited by Optimatum on 7/13/2017

&quotRich and red&quot (Ace of Hungers in Fallen London, or feasting at the Chapel of Lights in Sunless Sea) comes unbidden to the front of my mind whenever I even think about pork products. I was already trying to avoid red meats (for health and environmental reasons) before my brushes with Unaccountably Peckish content, but since exploring the Chapel of Lights and the Foreign Office I’ve been especially repulsed by the stuff. I don’t consider that a bad thing, because it definitely helps me stick to fish and poultry. Maybe I should try candles…

&quotStarveling Kitty! Starveling Kitty! Ruled the roofs of five stolen cities!&quot The Starveling Cat rhymes aren’t exactly difficult to memorize, but this one is the first to come to mind when I think of the SC. It’s got an energy to it which makes me wish I could go on crazy adventures with the Starveling Cat and learn to rule the roofs as it does. As it is, the only Starveling Cat adventure involves soul-staining and a journey NORTH.

edit: another one from Sunless Sea. Nuncio spoilers.

[spoiler]&quotThe inscription resolves itself and is known to you.

NO WORD LOST.&quot

It’s the single most emotionally powerful moment in the whole of my experience with Fallen London and Sunless Sea. I myself don’t quite understand why or how, but even skimming the event text on the wiki page overwhelms me almost to tears.

NO WORD LOST.[/spoiler]
edited by Anchovies on 7/13/2017

A week ago I went to see a jousting tournament and somewhere in the back of my head, I could hear a faint &quotHe has brought a horse. And a lance. A lance.&quot looping endlessly forever.

I can also definitely recite the entire chain of Fidgeting Writer, all of it. When I’m woken up at 3am, after an evening of heavy drinking, while standing on one leg and juggling knives. And very appetising- &quotgorge yourself. Leave with juices dripping down your chin.&quot from Sunless Sea.

Other than that, I have a lot of favourite quotes that weren’t all that common, but made their permanent home between my ears, apparently, due to being… striking. I actually have this little google doc where I save all my favourite FL quotes. There’s a lot of them in there. A lot.

‘All fear the Overgoat!’

I think I’m able to recite about half of the Order Serpentine fairy tale from pure memory at this point.

Correction: I only remember &quota little snake, no bigger than your finger&quot and &quotTHE ROSE, WHICH IS CALLED EXILE’S ROSE, has a property of passage&quot.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 7/13/2017

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well!!

[quote=Jeremy Avalon]
I still have over four thousand of those to go… and then I get to do the Glimpses… and Deals… and Room Numbers…
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 7/13/2017[/quote]

Why, pray?

“And a reckoning, as the saying has it, will not be indefinitely postponed.”

I can’t say it.

But the Seeker’s ending - o! the price, the price, the price…

[quote=Teaspoon][quote=Jeremy Avalon]
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 7/13/2017[/quote]

Why, pray?[/quote]

[li]
Simple, really.

“…anyone who can’t think up a use for a giant fire-spitting lobster—or, more pertinently, for a thousand of them—has no damn business in the clergy.”

Bishop of Southwark - 18**

(I’ve actually only done this a couple of times but it really sticks in your head).

“I Will Kill Mr. Eaten.”

Or just “Mr. Eaten” in general.

“Where are my sodding crickets?”

“If the spore thickens, upend it just so”