Light Fingers Finale

I’ve gotten it to nine feeding it stormy eyed every time (aside from one time where I fed a hybrid to a hybrid)
edited by the old man on 4/19/2020

[quote=the old man]I’ve gotten it to nine feeding it stormy eyed every time (aside from one time where I fed a hybrid to a hybrid)
edited by the old man on 4/19/2020[/quote]

Oh, just like me

I fed it a mix of stuff, so it has 2 humanity and 3 moon miser traits. I personally believe that as a hybrid, it should have a mix of two qualities rather than going all out on one of them.

I am a cat.

With thumbs!

that’s perfectly reasonable

I have the diamond. I HAVE THE DIAMOND! THIS HOME COMFORT IS MMMMIIIIIINNNNEEEE!!!

Oh, and the hybrid is safe and London saved. Probably. I’m sure it’ll work itself out. Without a doubt.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well…for me.
edited by The Curious Watcher on 4/21/2020
edited by The Curious Watcher on 4/21/2020

[quote=The Curious Watcher]I have the diamond. I HAVE THE DIAMOND! THIS HOME COMFORT IS MMMMIIIIIINNNNEEEE!!![/quote]Congratulations!
Read that it’s quality helps boost EPA in the lab so maybe it can be valued as a cow-sized diamond. :D

I may not have a diamond the size of a cow, but I do have a heifer star.

[quote=Diptych]I may not have a diamond the size of a cow, but I do have a heifer star.[/quote]Happen to have a link or a mantelpiece? :)

Aw, go on then. Check Sir Fred’s profile, down there in my signature.

Spoilers, y’all.

Wooooow. The multi-year wait was honestly worth it. The whole conclusion was top-notch, from beginning to end. I do not regret any of my choices, but many of them have a sting even afterwards.

I did not believe that Poor Edward could get any worse than he already was, but here we are. He got what he deserved, which is also want he wanted… I can’t feel pity for him, but there is an element of tragedy.

I asked the Duchess for help. This resulted in Hephaesta being in a scene which, if it were the art for a heavy metal album cover, no one would ever find out what the music sounded like because the speakers would explode thirty seconds into the intro. A Crack in the Parabolan Sun. The snakes will always know.

I smuggled the Hybrid out… the &quotfake&quot funeral was a bit too real. While the Hybrid is all alive and well, the goodbye is permanent. There’s a real piece of mourning there. But I can always see my little moonbro up in the ceiling! Everyone can see his light, but I know he shines for me. We are worlds apart, but always part of each other’s life.

I hope Dr Vaughan finds peace.

Alright, material rewards.

I am a cat. This is best-in-slot by 2 points for Shadowy and 4(!) points for Persuasive.

Sending the Hybrid to the ceiling grants a Companion which is best-in-slot for Shadowy by 2 points and grants 1 point of Shapeling Arts. It also grants a card while at Zee. I wasn’t paying super-close attention to the change points but I believe it grants 8cp of zailing progress and removes 4cp of Troubled Waters.

Hephaesta is in the Lab! Right now she grants 20 Parabolan Research per action. After 15 actions, it looks like she will be able to return to London, and she will have an advantage for Cartographical research.

I told Dr Vaughan to come back to London, but I haven’t seen her around yet. I was also expecting to be able to visit the Misermere again but have not found the option yet.

Hephaesta Update: After joining the lab in a more standard capacity, her reflection continues to produce 20 Parabolan Research per action. In the real lab, her real self grants 9 research on non-cartographic research, and has an option to reduce nightmares. I have not yet had a chance to ask her expertise about maps.

It’s not the hardest rock, but I was mentally scoring that entire sequence with the fourth verse of Bohemian Rhapsody, and its adjutant solos.

This is the item you get if you decide to make amends with the Boil of Calamities; you get &quotclothing&quot in return.

Don’t worry, I got better. This isn’t Seeking, after all.

I m still deciding about how to feed the hybrid, but it seems the different levels of humanity/moon-misery just change the flavor text ?

[quote=Chronos]Anybody reached hybrid humanity 10 ?
edited by Chronos on 4/19/2020[/quote]

I assumed from the tooltip text that she would become available to join the real lab staff at some point-- I guess that’s correct then? Presumably it just takes a few (real) days for the obsession to wane first? Right now she’s in my Parabolan lab but my real one still has a vacancy.
edited by Tintinnabulum on 4/22/2020

I am working on a Cartographer’s Hoard, and she gives 18 Lab Research at least when Lab Equipment is at the max without Fate.

She also can work together with a fully-trained Visionary Student for better results, but I can’t explore that option yet.

Each time she does research in Parabola, it lowers her Zee-Obsession by 1. It starts at 15, and once it hits 0, she returns. You can have her back in London today if you want to spend the actions.

Also, I asked for her help with Nightmares. She went into Parabola, hunted my bad dream with a spear, and took its head for a trophy. Why didn’t I think of this before?

I have good news, and I have &quot&quot&quotgood&quot&quot&quot news.

The &quot&quot&quotgood&quot&quot&quot news is this:

[spoiler]A Loyal Nightmare of Poor Edward adds an Opportunity Card to your deck! After everything that’s already happened, he still finds a way to just show up! Unlike other items that add a card, this one is not listed on the item description. One last surprise.

There are two options. The option to send a nightmare after a rival gives 1 Identity Uncovered and 1cp Nightmares. I don’t know yet know what happens if you just share a glass of wine and reminisce about the time he buried you alive. [/spoiler]

The good news is, it’s Unusual Frequency.

Truly the Ambition that keeps on giving. I completed this days ago but there continues to be more content.

I’m still questing to get back my child, but I became a honorary cat, this is hands down the best ambition