It's Snowing in Fallen London!

I’m curious: for those who got Mr Eaten’s gift, what happens if you equip it while already at Unaccountably Peckish 10? An 11th level? New depths of hunger to be plumbed, perhaps?

Drats! And here I am, still stuck in Polythreme.
Might anyone be so kind as to PM me exactly how An unexpected volunteer works? Can you get the previous years items or just this year’s? Thank you.

What I want to know is what happened to me, given I already had my organs removed and replaced with wax. Did Mr Eaten just go steal the organ-golem from the Chapel?

All results from the sack contain at least one item which cannot be obtained in regular gameplay, most of which are Sunless Sea crossovers. Some results are worth more than others, but they are all special.

You go to Unaccountably Peckish 11, then unequipping it puts you back at 10. It’s just like using other equipment while at the stat limit of 200.

[quote=Sinnouk]Drats! And here I am, still stuck in Polythreme.
Might anyone be so kind as to PM me exactly how An unexpected volunteer works? Can you get the previous years items or just this year’s? Thank you.[/quote]

You can choose from every item, not just the new ones. You can even get items you already have.

It’s funny you should say that.

I’m curious; exactly what was meant by &quotThe SNOWBOUND effect will remain constant this year&quot? Am I correct in assuming this means you only get one free bucket this year? If not, what do you mean by &quotSnowbound effect&quot? I’m just a little confused; it seems ambigious.
edited by Daedalus_Falk on 12/12/2017

[quote=Daedalus_Falk]I’m curious; exactly what was meant by &quotThe SNOWBOUND effect will remain constant this year&quot? Am I correct in assuming this means you only get one free bucket this year? If not, what do you mean by &quotSnowbound effect&quot? I’m just a little confused; it seems ambigious.
edited by Daedalus_Falk on 12/12/2017[/quote]

Time the healer will bring snowbound until sometime after December.

[quote=suinicide][quote=Daedalus_Falk]I’m curious; exactly what was meant by &quotThe SNOWBOUND effect will remain constant this year&quot? Am I correct in assuming this means you only get one free bucket this year? If not, what do you mean by &quotSnowbound effect&quot? I’m just a little confused; it seems ambigious.
edited by Daedalus_Falk on 12/12/2017[/quote]

Time the healer will bring snowbound until sometime after December.[/quote]

I still don’t understand. You mean to say that the event will recur each week, as in previous years? If so, saying that it will &quotRemain constant this year&quot when nothing has changed is kind of confusing, isn’t it? I guess maybe I’m overthinking it, but it does mix me up a bit.

The phrasing is pretty much the same as it had been in past years, so no reason to think that the mechanics have changed.

“The Snowbound Effect” refers to the fact that without “A Clear Path” you’re blocked from your Lodgings and the “SNOWBOUND!” storylet is playable.

So stating that “the Snowbound Effect” will remain until January 8th means that the above conditions will be in play until that time.

In short: until The stated date, each “Time, the Healer” will remove your “A Clear Path”, thus triggering the above implications.

[quote=dov]The phrasing is pretty much the same as it had been in past years, so no reason to think that the mechanics have changed.

&quotThe Snowbound Effect&quot refers to the fact that without &quotA Clear Path&quot you’re blocked from your Lodgings and the &quotSNOWBOUND!&quot storylet is playable.

So stating that &quotthe Snowbound Effect&quot will remain until January 8th means that the above conditions will be in play until that time.

In short: until The stated date, each &quotTime, the Healer&quot will remove your &quotA Clear Path&quot, thus triggering the above implications.[/quote]

OK, thank you for the clarification.

If someone could PM me about the new home comforts, I would be very grateful ^_^

To head off even more PM requests, here’s the three new ones:

[spoiler]

• Mr Chimes - A Replica of the House of Chimes, Awash with Snow; Persuasive +3, Respectable +1[/li][li]Mr Sacks - You’re Not Quite Sure What; Watchful +3, Bizarre +1[/li][li]Mr Eaten - A Complete Set of Preserved Internal Organs; Unaccountably Peckish +1, -15 to all stats

Thank you ^_^

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum to post this but… A quick question for one who is not a POSI yet. What would the kind sirs, ma’ams, and other beings suggest I do with this pail I’ve got. I’m still not sure what to do and I have no SOTC to speak of, is there anything that you would suggest.

This is an excellent place to begin framing answers to your questions: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21014-christmas-in-the-neath-a-guide.aspx

Or, if you have friends who enjoy peculiar culinary experiences, you can feed them lacre.

[li]

I didn’t get Snowbound yet — does it mean that I have to wait till TtH, or is it a bug? It’s a bit strange to get notification about snow without actual snow.

Odd. I’ve been snowed in twice already this week (three times if you count real life).

Oh, the storylet for Mr. Chimes is priceless!

You get snowed in once on the day that the snowfalls start, then once whenever Time The Healer comes around. After this week it should be once a week only.
[li]

Are any of the Master’s home comforts best in slot?

Mr Apples won Best in Group at Crufts two years running, if that counts.