Is Someone There dream level 99! After years I finally unlocked old Parabolan base!

The start:

The old wiki page:

The result:

And profile page :slight_smile: Fallen London

12 Likes

dude, congrats! I don’t think I fully understand what your talking about, but I’m probably just not in a point where I SHOULD be able to, and it sounds great!

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

That’s amazing! Great work!

4 Likes

Parabola base camp had a placeholder for many years (see this Wiki history page) and, besides the Impossible and other requirements, it had 99 IST dream.

4 Likes

…like, the wiki page had a place holder? and do you mean that you need that level of IST to enter it/create it? and what does impossible mean in this circumstance?

1 Like

That’s the placeholder FBG put to inform us that we, the players, can’t play that story.

2 Likes

oh! I think I encountered that once. thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Next grind: getting Sympathetic about Ratly Concerns to level 777.

8 Likes

sigh

I sadly locked myself out of the carousel many years ago. Probably like everyone else!

1 Like

which carousel? the MW one?

1 Like

Damn, you are fast! I was about to post it: Put the offer to your companions - Fallen London Wiki.

1 Like

indid, I am! (wow, this 20 letters rule is kinda stupid)

1 Like

… technically you could camp at Watchmaker’s Hill & bury one rat a time …

3 Likes

Yup, I know about that option and it’s the only one that can’t be locked. There’s another card, but that depends on the ending of Plaster story.

I remember there was someone that reached a very high level of Sympathetic about Ratly Concerns only via Albino rat card. :smiley:

1 Like

oh wow … once again I find myself not patient enough for yet another thing … ;)

1 Like

It is, isn’t it? :smiley:

Don’t over do it! I made this mistake trying to grind this and that and ended up with a burnout.

Take it slow and, most importantly, READ the stories and do not rush them just to reach a better grind. The game isn’t going anywhere, but the ahaaaa! feeling isn’t the same as the moments pass.

3 Likes

oh, sorry to hear that! something being fun & games isn’t necessarily harmless …

… and yeah, until now my lack of focus & demermination has been quite useful for not getting too stuck on any particular grind - apart from a probably too early & in hindsight probably unecessary episode involving antique mysteries and certain lodgings … =D

1 Like

That one is actually oki! :smiley: If you feel you don’t enjoy the writing, thus the game, look for a grind which involves few clicks and use it to keep in touch with the game. Log in 1-3 times per day, but don’t push it!

The burnout is long gone, but now I lack the time to play a huge ES log. I record all the stories in my notes and this helps me enjoy them more. If I’m somehow distracted I can go back and even search for a snippet or a character. It slows the advancement, but it’s waaaaay better!

2 Likes

boom.

5 Likes

Yes, much easier now that it’s possible!

3 Likes