Parabolan Base Camp

Hello there fellow Londoners! I wonder if anyone is grinding for this one, &quotjust in case&quot. I have started gathering Direful Reflections, since the idea suits me in an RP way, but the Dream Quality requirement is very off-putting. We do not have any news on that, do we?

I’m not an expert, but as far as I know, it’s been over two years with nothing new on this. And getting to Recurring Dreams: Is Someone There? 99 is a task that makes the Impossible Theorem look easy by comparison.

Level 99 requires 3725 CPs. Considering that starting with level 14 you only have one card to raise the quality (two if you count “Dream” in the Nadir) this will take the better part of forever.

I would assume that the Basecamp requirement gets lowered if it ever gets unlocked.

On a related note, what’s the highest level of Someone dream? Searched, but didn’t find anything spectacular on anyone’s mantelpiece.
I’ll start with my 22+5.

I was at 21 before I started cashing it in in the Nadir.

I’m at 31.

I’m at 3!
You’d think that after a year I’d be higher, but I guess not. I haven’t even gone crazy for months. My opportunity deck is probably too filled with other junk for dream cards to show up often.
Moral of the story, I really hope that the 99 requirement is not actually a thing, if the base camp does get made.

Well, now this is a challenge!
I will need to finish some stories, trim my deck and move to remote, but it is indeed a lovely long-term challenge. But from what I see you’re on the forums for almost 5 years; this is going to be interesting! :D

Can anyone bead Lady Ciel?

If it gets added, maybe they’ll also add a way of grinding that dream quality, similar to Mutton Island’s stormy eyed grind. Or they’ll add a second relatively cheaper alternate route.

I’ve been casually preparing for the base camp in a number of ways. I’ve stockpiled over 1,000 Memories of Light, which wasn’t easy as I refuse on principle to have any dealings whatsoever with the Revolutionaries. I’m also gathering up Direful Reflections, but that’s much slower going. I’ve also been planning to boost my Watchful in preparation for the impossible theorem.

I’m not really worried about the 99 Dream requirement. It’s so impractical to raise by simple dream grinding that there’s probably a story planned that will give you the necessary quality (which would then be consumed by actually creating the base camp).

I am guessing that once open, it would even be an entire area, like Finishing School and the Iron Republic. Though, if the entry requirements remain so steep, will they make such a thing for the very few who will go for it?

During one of the AMAs it was stated that the long term plan is for Parabola to be its own multi-location setting with its own travel map! Presumably the Base Camp would be one way of accessing it.

But I suspect it’s a veeery longterm prospect

I hope they provide another way or allow non glassmen away to pick up the glasses. It would annoying to have to switch from correspondent - granted it’s probably one of the easier parts of that requirement.

The text says &quotA Glassman of sufficient skill may open a way for their comrades to pass.&quot Perhaps glassman players will be able to invite other players to enter parabola, without them having to be a glassman also.

The text says &quotA Glassman of sufficient skill may open a way for their comrades to pass.&quot Perhaps glassman players will be able to invite other players to enter parabola, without them having to be a glassman also.[/quote]
So the Parabola base camp would be a lot like the Temple Club. I think that would be the best situation.

New option for searching for destinations through Parabola. Gives Casing…