Hey, where does the RNG live?

I just want to talk to it, I promise!

hiding baseball bat behind my back

(Context: cycling airs to try to get two more physicians to recruit in the Khanate. It is going… so badly.)

7 Likes

In the mathheavens in the home of our lord the dice god, father of RNG and sworn enemy of all players who constantly roll below 10.

… speaking of, could I join you, buddy? Hiding a revolver behind my back

2 Likes

Why do you think the streets are shifting right now? It knows what it did, and it knows what it deserves.

6 Likes

Well, I think the RNG heard me because I’m now recruiting a physician for my cause.

And it will be giving me a second one without airs cycling if it knows what’s good for it! Hahaha!

3 Likes

Good for you, friend!

1 Like

Rolling 777 devilbone dice will give you the digits for the RNG’s current coordinates.
Getting them in the right order may be tricky.

7 Likes

Hmm… one in uhhhhhh over a quintillion… I like those odds!

2 Likes

Well, apparently it’s industrial-standard, but my personal headcannon is that the Bazaar controls the RNG instead and is personally out for literally every Fallen Londoner (and not NPC) who has found themselves in the nine hells of 14-in-a-row failed checks.

5 Likes

Industry Standard… I wonder if we might have missed the existence of Mister Dice all this time…

2 Likes

I have such mixed feelings about the RNG… on the one hand, I had to wait almost a month to max out criminal favors (while starting with 4) for my Ambition; on the other hand, I got the Blemmigan Secretary in success of a 48% check.

2 Likes

Oh, dear, if only we could use real dice…

Which, I’ve been thinking, might there be a FL x DnD?

1 Like

God, I hope not. FBG are actually good gamedevs who seem to care more about player satisfaction that squeezing wallets; I shudder to think what WOTC would do to them.

3 Likes

Oh no, no, I mean like an unofficial, player-controlled FLDnD. Like Pokémon DnD.

3 Likes

Stole the words out of my mouth, friend.

1 Like

There is this, although with a more appropriate system than DnD 5e.

2 Likes

Well, that could be very nice. I’m not sure the d&d system fits the FL universe very well but, well, it probably fits well enough that you can try.

I was wondering if there was maybe a CoC mod tbh

1 Like

Yeah. There’s dice rolls, attributes, a myriad of “races” and “items” to use. I could see it working.

2 Likes

I was thinking Blades in the Dark might be appropriate.

3 Likes

Call of Cthulhu would fit the Gothic Horror fantasy quite well and lend itself to a playstyle that emphasizes the various inhuman powers active in the neath. It does not translate well to the demi-godly status that the Fallen London PC reaches ultimately. I would probably use something that translates to scenes as a playing structure easily, like fate.

And because I am lazy I would really use existing systems and modules.

3 Likes