Heart's Desire Finale

[quote=PJ]Where am I supposed to meet the manager of the Royal Bethlehem to ask him where he wants to play? Do I have to go into a State of Some Confusion? I assumed I would find him on the &quotmerry gentleman&quot card where we first met, but I boosted my Nightmares to 5 and he’s not there.

I live in a suite at the Royal Bethlehem now; you would think I could just knock on his door.[/quote]

That’s weird. For me, a storylet with an option to talk to him appeared as soon as I hit Nightmares 5. It was not &quotmerry gentleman&quot card-based, so maybe you have just missed it?

[quote=PJ]Where am I supposed to meet the manager of the Royal Bethlehem to ask him where he wants to play? Do I have to go into a State of Some Confusion? I assumed I would find him on the &quotmerry gentleman&quot card where we first met, but I boosted my Nightmares to 5 and he’s not there.

I live in a suite at the Royal Bethlehem now; you would think I could just knock on his door.[/quote]

Surprisingly enough, once your Nightmares are high enough, he’s actually found in a story card anywhere in London.

Ha! I didn’t even look for a new storylet; as soon as I hit Nightmares 5 I drew a card and didn’t see a new option. He’s there, no card needed.

An open Question to assuage my doubts:

I Have reached a point in my Ambition that requires access to Parábola. I Have been waiting, as of now, two weeks- two weeks!- for the RNG to send me an Unsigned Message so that I can become a Glassman. It seemed to me that it was the most cost-efficient option. But now I doubt.

Should I just keep praying to the Random Number God oe should I start grinding Memories of Light? If so the latter option, what would be the most efficient way of doing it? I can only recall an option in Unfinished Business…that allows one to grind Lumps of Lamplighters Beeswax,wich to me seems way inneficient. Any thoughts?
edited by Preacher Tzara on 4/23/2020

Hit the content boundary today, it’s been an amazing ride!
Now, I’m surprised nobody is talking about the Manager’s specific desire, it’s creepy as hell!

[quote=Matthew Enigma]Hit the content boundary today, it’s been an amazing ride!
Now, I’m surprised nobody is talking about the Manager’s specific desire, it’s creepy as hell![/quote]

Creepy is Such a fitting Word to describe him.

My own questions,if perhaps a bit rushed:

• How does Mr. Pages intends to be granted his desire if he wins, knowing now who grants? If he does not mean to win,why does he play- is he being forced? If he does, what does that implicate, in terms of lore, knowing that Pages is one the few loyal to the promise that was made?

• What was Mr Bangley Original Desire?

• What does the Monkey means? In what does he relate to Cora?

• To what extent does Virginia fear, and whom exactly, to desire so?

• In what could the granting of the Desires of the Bishop and the Manager upset the status quo?

• Could we actually lose the Marvellous?

• What am I not understanding?

[quote=Preacher Tzara]

• How does Mr. Pages intends to be granted his desire if he wins, knowing now who grants? If he does not mean to win,why does he play- is he being forced? If he does, what does that implicate, in terms of lore, knowing that Pages is one the few loyal to the promise that was made?

• What was Mr Bangley Original Desire?

• What does the Monkey means? In what does he relate to Cora?

• To what extent does Virginia fear, and whom exactly, to desire so?

• What am I not understanding?[/quote]

That’s a lot of interesting questions, many of which I share. For Virginia’s fear, I suppose the obvious answer would be the One-time Prince of Hell, whom we have released/claimed to release to persuade her to rejoin Marvellous. However, I have doubts that Virginia was entirely sincere during her conversation. For the rest, hopefully we will be able to clear at least some of them up in the future updates.

For the questions about Memories of Light, here is a link with a lot of potential options: https://www.reddit.com/r/fallenlondon/comments/ftu4zr/the_most_reliable_grind_for_memory_of_light/

I cannot vouch for any specific one, but I will probably have to try them soon myself. With the lab and a requirement during Heart’s Desire, I have far fewer MoLs than I used to.

Waiting for Unsigned Messages is definitely more cost-effective and you have till Tuesday for the next update. However, more MoLs might end up useful even if you need less of them for the lab.
edited by menaulon on 4/23/2020

I’ve been converting Wax and Beetles for Memories of Light to increase my Liberation of Night as this was the only option for me in becoming a Paramount Presence.

Nearly obliterated nearly 100,000 lumps in the process but its not like they were doing anything anyways.

[quote=Preacher Tzara]An open Question to assuage my doubts:

I Have reached a point in my Ambition that requires access to Parábola. I Have been waiting, as of now, two weeks- two weeks!- for the RNG to send me an Unsigned Message so that I can become a Glassman. It seemed to me that it was the most cost-efficient option. But now I doubt.

Should I just keep praying to the Random Number God oe should I start grinding Memories of Light? If so the latter option, what would be the most efficient way of doing it? I can only recall an option in Unfinished Business…that allows one to grind Lumps of Lamplighters Beeswax,wich to me seems way inneficient. Any thoughts?
edited by Preacher Tzara on 4/23/2020[/quote]

My alt is a Glassman, and if I were you I’d wait for it. My main account is not a Glassman, but having been capped for a while and just racking up items, I could afford access with minimal grinding and it still hurt. As Glassman you’ll also continue to have a cheaper entry fee every time you access Parabola for the forseeable future. You’ll likely want to travel there numerous times, Ambition or otherwise.

Adoring the writing so far! So much lore and intrigue, I’m really enjoying it all.

I especially loved the part when the River Runs Backwards and your only option is to ‘Look Magnificent’. That made me loudly guffaw. And strike a pose.

[quote=Preacher Tzara]
Creepy is Such a fitting Word to describe him.[/quote]

Indeed! And his Desire takes it to a whole new level.

[quote=Preacher Tzara]

• How does Mr. Pages intends to be granted his desire if he wins, knowing now who grants? [/quote]

I was under the impression that the Masters have to do their best to give the winner what they want, like some sort of vow they can’t break. But that’s really speculation, so you raise a good point!

[quote=Preacher Tzara]
-What was Mr Bangley Original Desire?[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken, we learn that he became obsessed with finishing his Opera (the same we perform for him) and his Desire was related to completing it.

[quote=Julius de Poisson]
I especially loved the part when the River Runs Backwards and your only option is to ‘Look Magnificent’. That made me loudly guffaw. And strike a pose.[/quote]

Hear, hear! That was the high point of an already amazing update.
(My headcannon is that we tried our best to ‘Look Magnificent’, but the rocky ride and clouds of poison made it more like a Monty Python sketch)

[quote=Preacher Tzara][quote=Matthew Enigma]Hit the content boundary today, it’s been an amazing ride!
Now, I’m surprised nobody is talking about the Manager’s specific desire, it’s creepy as hell![/quote]

[/quote]

It’s funny because towards the end of Light Fingers, Mr Fires reveals that he has a similar diamond as big (if not bigger) as the one implanted into his lover, the Hundreds. IMO, the Manager picked the wrong Ambition to pursue.

Having a Glassman establish a Parabolan Basecamp just earned me thousandandone Memories of Light.

[quote=The Curious Watcher][quote=Preacher Tzara][quote=Matthew Enigma]Hit the content boundary today, it’s been an amazing ride!

[/quote]

It’s funny because towards the end of Light Fingers, Mr Fires reveals that he has a similar diamond as big (if not bigger) as the one implanted into his lover, the Hundreds. IMO, the Manager picked the wrong Ambition to pursue.[/quote]

The Manager, sometime after Heart’s Desire: &quotI’ve lost! Oh well, I’ve heard rumors that Mr. Fires may have a diamond just as-&quot

Mr. Fires: Screeching furiously about it’s ruined plans and upping security to the maximum due to events related to a possible conclusion of the Light Fingers Ambition

The Manager: &quotD_mn&quot
edited by Hattington on 4/24/2020

My alt is progressing through the Heart’s Desire finale. I have convinced every player, and I’m now in Parabola for the deck. Light Finger is still my favorite, but I really enjoy the non-linearity of the new &quotcontent&quot (I hate this word so much) so far. There’s a ton to do and if I’m bored, I can progress an another part of the story.

I loved it and can’t wait for more.

What’s with all the Seeking-bait? You bathed in seven wells and a voice beckoned you to go below, but you don’t have tried to drown! You don’t have tried to drown! Pondering the subtle choice for my heart’s desire says the inevitable can only be postponed. “I’d recommend seeking”. The Thing in the Well-combination (the Masters wouldn’t allow this). I love Seeking, please tell me it means something.
Also me going down the Writhing River: There’s no way the other players went through all of this.
One minute later: 'kay

Just curious, does anyone have a list of all the available Heart’s Desires for when you take a moment to ruminate on what it is you actually want from the card game?

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Anagram/18228120
This is the Echo for time. i’d love reading the others.

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff][i]
[color=#0066ff]The last Ambition, coming to a close! What will we do with ourselves now?[/color][/quote]

Get some sun? Hatch an egg?