Happy Ratmas!

…Did we bury the server under a pile of rats?

Meanwhile, at Failbetter, the staff struggle through the hairy mounds to reach the servers.

“Sir, I think I’ve identified the problem. It’s rats.”

I’m going to be boring and guess that it’s an increase in equipment-switching that’s to blame. Because that’s when/where I got severe lag.

[quote=Laluzi]…Did we bury the server under a pile of rats?[/quote]I feel so bad now.
[li]

I sent both Alexisthetest and Alexis Prime rats! I shall continue to do so as I draw the opportunities!

Some seasonal music to get us through this difficult time:

The Rat’s Song from Coraline
The Kingdom of Mice (Okay, not rats, but close enough)

Its too bad confessions are closed. My original plan was to send alexisthetest a destin’s candle, the gift of stats loss (the greatest gift next to rats), but alas it was not to be so.

I hope alexis knows I was stats lossing with him in spirit this St Rattus day. So instead I will drink some oblivion and pass a few rats while going aaaa island aaaa. Happy ratmas everyone :)

The server is back, so you may recommence sending rats. Due to the downtime, you can consider the 8th of December an honorary Ratmas as well. Its a rat weekend!

if you like you can consider the rest of the year ratmas. you can consider the rest of your life to be ratmas. i cannot stop you. i cannot stop rats.

[color=#009900]I’ve taken Steps to ensure that Ratmas has ended an hour early. This is the kind of abuse of power I permit myself when I have to spend four hours blowing on the glowing ember which was our post-explosion server.[li][/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Further abuses of power coming shortly[/color]

Why in the Neath would you want to stop rats? D:

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]I’ve taken Steps to ensure that Ratmas has ended an hour early. This is the kind of abuse of power I permit myself when I have to spend four hours blowing on the glowing ember which was our post-explosion server.[li]
[color=#009900]

[color=#009900]Further abuses of power coming shortly[/color][/quote]

If life gives you the glowing embers of your server, roast marshmallows. Or rats, if you prefer. You’ll probably have leftovers for weeks.[/li][/color][li]
edited by mayexist on 12/7/2013

did ratmas actually cause the server to explode? I didnt think such a thing was possible :(
edited by NiteBrite on 12/7/2013

Alas, the server went down before I too could send you rats. Rest assured I’m sending you rats in spirit, Alexis. Wait, that’s not quite right. No, I meant I’m sending you the spirits of rats, to haunt your dreams. Er, for the most pleasing definition of haunt, that is. Nothing but the best, for all your efforts on this fine Ratmas.

[color=#009900]Ratmas is not to blame, don’t worry! Our hosting service unexpectedly rebooted all our servers, one of the servers failed to come up, and creating a temporary replacement required some obscure reconfiguration mojo.[/color][li]

Oh dear. Certainly not the Ratmas we wished on you. D:

Thank you so much for getting Fallen London back up and running, though. Very glad to return to operations, even if they are not ratsending operations (which, to be sure, are the second best type of operations there are).

Also, whoever thumbed down Alexis’s post should stop and consider just how irritating it is to spend four hours jabbing at something that refuses to work, with the pressure of an entire internet community bearing down on you to do it. Yes, I’m sad that Ratmas is done, but jeez, it’s hardly unwarranted. If he doesn’t want to come home to a house whose windows are shattering in under a tide of dead rodents, that’s his call.
edited by Laluzi on 12/7/2013

[color=#009900]I do appreciate all the many and horrifyingly imaginative ratwork songs and poems I received. You lunatics. But I have miles to go before I sleep, and I’d like to keep the list of individuals receiving these miles a manageable size.[/color][li]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]I’ve taken Steps to ensure that Ratmas has ended an hour early. This is the kind of abuse of power I permit myself when I have to spend four hours blowing on the glowing ember which was our post-explosion server.[/color][color=#009900]
Further abuses of power coming shortly[/color][/quote]

Happy Ratmas! :)

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900] receiving these miles
[/color][/quote]

BRING IT :cool:

[color=#009900]And yet.[/color][li]

All our hearts, and all our homes. And in eternal dread, forever.

[quote=Me]
BRING IT :cool:[/quote]

he brought it
edited by Spacemarine9 on 12/7/2013

I think this is a really good time to start running around going ‘aaaaaaaaaaaaa’.

I want a Rat of Glory too :( The server was dead by the time I woke up and I couldn’t send Alexis rats :(