Hallowmas is here!

I just clicked on the wrong message in my messages tab, was poisoned, and spent a bunch of actions playing chess with the boatman to recover.

… And then, within 3 actions of being revived, clicked the wrong option on my giggling mandrake, and ended up in the mirror marshes.

Bah humbug :(
edited by uli on 10/28/2015

[quote=NiteBrite]Koening, unless you use dupes or have a stockpile of blocking absinthe, it will use about 5 action to grind menace and one to accept. 120 a day for 5 days is 600 actions. Divide 600 by 6 and you get 100 confessions that you can accepting this way. You can be more efficient and use more actions than 120 a day and accept some more. Optimally you could accept 144 confessions in five days.
edited by NiteBrite on 10/27/2015[/quote]
Alright, Thanks!

Side note: I find it interesting how, now that I am devoting to something else and unable to quickly grind for wine materials; that a “A Presumptuous Little Opportunity” shows up so frequently. I swear that opportunity card has been imbued with a consciousness of its own that just so happens to be hell bent on driving me mad.

I wonder if we can do something with these NPC confessions beyond just listening to them - although I probably won’t flaunt them even if I am really curious about their potential reactions to that.

Like, it’d be cool if suddenly all your crew in Sunless Sea start complaining how they confessed and got betrayed by a thousand people.

Hello tasty friends,

My identity is Villads and I’m eager to trade and makes deals on significant confessionalities. That is ‘professional confessions’, you see, let us make no mirrors or veils about it.

Good day.

[quote=NiteBrite]Koening, unless you use dupes or have a stockpile of blocking absinthe, it will use about 5 action to grind menace and one to accept. 120 a day for 5 days is 600 actions. Divide 600 by 6 and you get 100 confessions that you can accepting this way. You can be more efficient and use more actions than 120 a day and accept some more. Optimally you could accept 144 confessions in five days.
edited by NiteBrite on 10/27/2015[/quote]

If you wanted to get really OCD about it, it’s possible to cut this down to 3 actions using confessions of pride. You’ll need a sporing hat and unaccountably peckish between 2 and 6:

• 1 action: Accept a confession of pride
  • 1 action: Convince a friend to poison you for ~10CP wounds (you’ll need 3 wounds to start with, but that’s fine; just don’t let it drop down too low)
  • 1 action: At the Duchess’ salon, attend and speak of… terrible things for +4CP nightmares. Equip the sporing hat, and you’re ready to accept another confession.

Attend and speak of… terrible things adds +1CP unaccountably peckish, and locks at Unaccountably Peckish 6, so you’ll eventually need to eat some roasted chestnuts for 1 additional action. This should reduce unaccountably peckish enough for another few runs.

Rinse and repeat!

Also worth pointing out: over at Mahogany Hall, you can ‘Take to the stage, a strange hunger in your belly’ (from Wednesday’s show) for 4CP suspicion, 4CP scandal, and 4CP nightmares. But this requires you to grind up to ‘tales of mahogany hall 10’ first, so it’s only really efficient if you have a high ‘Tales of Mahogany Hall’ quality to start with…

I’m beginning to wish I was unaccountably peckish :)

Don’t forget to subtract however many actions you need to trust/betray the people who have confessed to you when working out how many confessions you should be able to accept and to give people enough time to do something with your confessions.

By the way has anyone else been unable to confess even when they have the menaces. I’m getting an error message - &quotYou do not have the qualities to accept this invitation: you can still reject it, however&quot for a couple of people who have asked me to confess. I am still receiving invitations which I can accept. I haven’t got time to bug report it now as I need to go out. Will do so if the same is still happening later.
edited by reveurciel on 10/28/2015

Hannah Flynn, Please thank who ever added the new morning-evening list at the top of the myself tab. It looks great and seems very useful.

[quote=lady ciel ]I’m beginning to wish I was unaccountably peckish :)

Don’t forget to subtract however many actions you need to trust/betray the people who have confessed to you when working out how many confessions you should be able to accept and to give people enough time to do something with your confessions.

By the way has anyone else been unable to confess even when they have the menaces. I’m getting an error message - &quotYou do not have the qualities to accept this invitation: you can still reject it, however&quot for a couple of people who have asked me to confess. I am still receiving invitations which I can accept. I haven’t got time to bug report it now as I need to go out. Will do so if the same is still happening later.
edited by reveurciel on 10/28/2015[/quote]
You might have multi-recieved someone’s confession, and accepted the first one.

I finally was able to use my visitor card and then hit 'onwards’by accident before I explored all its options. Is this a unique card or does it reappear?

Will the confessions from the FL and SS characters give any Spirit and if so, how much?

AgathaMarple, the Visitors at Hallowmas card repeats, and quite frequently. Fear not!

[quote=Grenem][quote=lady ciel ]
edited by reveurciel on 10/28/2015[/quote]
You might have multi-recieved someone’s confession, and accepted the first one.[/quote]

Thanks - just checked and I have trust 1 with both of them so you are correct. Even though I cannot see the message where I accepted their earlier requests.

As a whimsical spirit by nature, I am rather loving this mechanic of instilling trust in one another and testing that trust. Know that your confessions are safe with me, dear Neathly ones. I keep them close and safe to recall in private moments of titillation. Come, whisper to me your errors and find your absolution. I am ScienceFairy.
edited by ScienceFairy on 10/28/2015

Greetings ! Is there a topic where I can find/ask for Confessions ? Thanks to you all !

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20857-hallowmas--confessions-list.aspx

You know…at times like this I wish Fallen London had a way to divide sent and received messages as well as tally them so that we could better keep track of our social actions. It would make it much easier to plan accordingly.

Indeed. I spent a little while this morning thinking I was sending requests from my main but I accidentally was on my alt’s tab and so now my spreadsheet needs to be fixed, and then some people accepted so the outgoing request isn’t there either anymore, and well I am just going to accept some fuzziness in my numbers. :)

Can I just say that I really enjoy how this event has people using actions that are normally pointless to solve new problems?

I’m certainly enjoying poisoning total strangers!

– Mal