Hallowmas is here!

[quote=Scienceandponies]Question:

I’m tempted to explore the Visitors at Hallowmas card, but I already got a destiny (a fate locked on no less) from the drowning feast. If I clicked through the various options for the flavor text, is there anything to pick on the Possible Futures card for someone who doesn’t want to give up their current destiny, or would I essentially just be throwing those actions away?[/quote]You can’t reset your Destiny without Fate.
There is an option on the card to get a random bundle that’s useful if you’re looking to get your Soul back.
You can also get a Tiny Cave Fish, which you can trade for a Magnificent Diamond at some point in the future.

Unless you’re keen to do that, I’d save up your actions for sending and accepting Confessions.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]You can’t reset your Destiny without Fate.
There is an option on the card to get a random bundle that’s useful if you’re looking to get your Soul back.
You can also get a Tiny Cave Fish, which you can trade for a Magnificent Diamond at some point in the future.

Unless you’re keen to do that, I’d save up your actions for sending and accepting Confessions.[/quote]

Well I grabbed the tiny fish just because. I just finished my zubmarine two days ago, so I’m not really sure what I would even need magnificent diamonds for anymore. Doesn’t hurt to have them in reserve though. If there’s really nothing I can do with the Possible Futures page other than reset my destiny (which I really DON’T want to do) I guess I’ll just buckle down and send out confession requests.
edited by Scienceandponies on 10/27/2015

I have a question regarding the Visitors at Hallowmas card. The wiki says that last year there was a certain (Fate locked) Diabolical Diplomat. I was wondering if he might be making a return this year? I know discussions of Fate content aren’t really permitted, so if someone could PM me instead, that would be wonderful! (Also, what is A Brazen Fate?)

[quote=Scienceandponies]Question:

I’m tempted to explore the Visitors at Hallowmas card, but I already got a destiny (a fate locked one no less) from the drowning feast. If I clicked through the various options for the flavor text, is there anything to pick on the Possible Futures card for someone who doesn’t want to give up their current destiny, or would I essentially just be throwing those actions away?
edited by Scienceandponies on 10/27/2015[/quote]

From the card [font=‘Lucida Grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Most visitors will permit you a glimpse of a future. Choose carefully - but you may choose and then change your mind at any point before dreaming of your destiny. To see your destiny, return to your lodgings to sleep.

So you can safely explore all the options on the Visitors Card - if you have the Nightmares and MW. Edit - you would need to actually spend Fate to change your destiny so everything else is fine.
edited by reveurciel on 10/27/2015

Hi!

I’ve somehow managed to get the mark of destiny, but now it looks like all the destiny options are looked. Is there anything that this thing is good for, and if not, how do I get rid of it (without forking out money)?

*locked.

[color=#ff00cc]Hello, Hallowmas Revellers!

To clarify the wonderings that have gone on here and elsewhere, we’re announcing the full Hallowmas schedule in full.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]We began yesterday, on the 26th. As in years past, this first part of Hallowmas has the citizens of the Neath approaching each other for confessions. It also allows those souls who’ve held onto confessions for a year to re-address them; either burying them for good, or otherwise selling them off.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]This phase will end on the 2nd of November. Starting from this point, you will decide what to do with the confessions you’ve gathered this year.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]On the 9th, this festival reaches its conclusion. Players will no longer be able to decide what to do with the confessions they gathered this year. Likewise, the social invitations to confess will close. Be sure you’ve accepted all invitations to confess by this time; and make sure you’ve addressed what to do with all the accepted confessions you’ve gathered, too!

It is also on this date that Huffam will begin visiting Hallowmas revellers. Be sure to see him before the 16th.

-[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]So, in summary:[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]26 Oct - Nov 2: Approach others for confessions.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]2 Nov - 9 Nov: Decide what to do with confessions you’ve gathered.
9 Nov - 16 Nov: Visit with Huffam.[/color]
edited by Cash DeCuir on 10/27/2015

Ah ok, that’s helpful, thank you.

So nothing happens on the 12th and I see the Confessions at the Feast of the Masks has been edited to no longer mention that date

This thread title always makes me think of…

Brrrrrrrr.

And, regarding the most recent NPC confession…

The Haunted Doctor didn’t kill March… did he? It was just some other Council member who was generous with coffee… right?

Wait… Since when was March generous with coffee?

There was at least one limited-time event a few years ago where March appeared distributing coffee on the streets of London. Apparently he believed in revolution through generosity. Which is nice!

[quote=Cash DeCuir][color=#ff00cc]It is also on this date that Huffam will begin visiting Hallowmas revellers. Be sure to see him before the 16th.[/color][/quote]Can you confirm or deny if there will be any new Huffman content this year?
Or is 500 Spirit still the highest reward option?

Great, so it seems that we will have ample time to reach 500 Spirit. My plan is to continue in send-only mode until I have sent 100 confession requests (I’m up to 44 now). From then on, I will accept the requests I have received (and only send out new ones to reciprocate to people who sent me one).
edited by Arandia on 10/27/2015

If anyone wants to come to me for confessions please feel free!

please help. how do i quickly increase my suspicious menance when i have over 150 shadow?

oh, and my main (AnotherLameGame) and alt (StandsWithStik) are taking confessions too.[li]
edited by rebelanarch-82 on 10/27/2015

[li]&quotReaping the academic benefits&quot in the Forgotten Quarter should be unlocked for you if you have Scholar of the Correspondence. Also, there’s the Pirate Hat.
[/li]
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 10/27/2015

[quote=&quotMany&quot Chin]please help. how do i quickly increase my suspicious menance when i have over 150 shadow?

oh, and my main (AnotherLameGame) and alt (StandsWithStik) are taking confessions too.[li]
edited by rebelanarch-82 on 10/27/2015[/quote]
In addition, there’s certain cards that return suspicion. connected:criminals and your gang of hooligans both have a suspicion boosting option, i think.
[/li]

Out of curiosity, what is the maximum number of confessions that I can accept within a 5 day period? Assuming I use an average of about 120 actions per day accepting confession requests and building up menaces to do so?

I am still a bit unfamiliar with the workings of things so i want to make sure that my name does not garner more requests than I can accept, as I don’t wish to come off rude to those whom I am unable to confide in.

Koening, unless you use dupes or have a stockpile of blocking absinthe, it will use about 5 action to grind menace and one to accept. 120 a day for 5 days is 600 actions. Divide 600 by 6 and you get 100 confessions that you can accepting this way. You can be more efficient and use more actions than 120 a day and accept some more. Optimally you could accept 144 confessions in five days.
edited by NiteBrite on 10/27/2015

Excellent, thanks!