Hallowmas is here!

2 Nov for sending (see the announcement at the start of the thread), I don’t think there has been a definite answer for the cut off date. We’ve got until the 5th for last year’s Trust but I hope for a bit longer to accept confessions.

Oh, yes another year, another round of delicious secrets. May St Joshua be ever watchful.
Hopefully I won’t get swindled this time.
edited by Leonard of Quirm on 10/26/2015

Regarding the great art at the start of this topic:
I can identify all masks except one. We have the bear, fox, cat, owl. We have rubbery mask, tomb colonist, master of Bazaar, and clay man. What does the mask on the bottom right represent?
edited by Gonen on 10/26/2015

Skull mask from the confession of pride

A reminder: If you send a confession, make sure to keep your prefered Menaces at 3 so the person you sent it to can reciprocate.
If you send a Confessions, but can’t or won’t receive them, then your confession will likely be a low priority for the recipient.

Since I already have a destiny and lack the discretional fate to spend on a new one, is there any reason to use the “Visitors at Hallowmas” Oportunity card?

(This one)

Unless you just feel like collecting Tiny Cave Fish I don’t see any reason to use it after you have a Destiny.

[quote=Koenig]Since I already have a destiny and lack the discretional fate to spend on a new one, is there any reason to use the &quotVisitors at Hallowmas&quot Oportunity card?

(This one)[/quote]
Based on the wiki, the bundle is just the right value to potentially get your soul back, so if you’ve lost it and would like to sell it again, that could be valuable.
I’ve heard sometime around now there is a fate locked option to sell your soul for very rare and valuable items.

Which might be worthwhile. If De Gustibus returns, these tiny fish can be sold for a Magnificent Diamond each (worth 12.5 echoes).

[quote=Ian Hart][quote=Koenig]Since I already have a destiny and lack the discretional fate to spend on a new one, is there any reason to use the &quotVisitors at Hallowmas&quot Oportunity card?

(This one)[/quote]
Based on the wiki, the bundle is just the right value to potentially get your soul back, so if you’ve lost it and would like to sell it again, that could be valuable.
I’ve heard sometime around now there is a fate locked option to sell your soul for very rare and valuable items.[/quote]
similarly, the bundle from 100-199 gives 1-8 compromising documents, which is half the possible outcomes- on average, 2.25 echoes half the time. the other half are generally less valuable, but if you want starvling cats for some reason, you have a 1 in 200 chance of one. assuming certifiable scrap are worth the sell price of their most expensive upcrafts, you get about 1.488 epa besides the potential for a soul, and the warm amber. not amazing for a grinding veteran, but very profitable for a new player, even if they still have their soul.

(the de gustibus is probably better, but also involves waiting long enough that it might not be worth it- echoes are worth less to me now than then, for instance. still, for someone who doesn’t expect a change in value of money, or to need funds fast, it’s 5.5 epa. Not bad, even for a combination of two event cards.)

So what happens on the 12th November? The entire Hallowmas ends? Or just the Confession gathering? And if it’s the latter then is that effectively the deadline for accepting confessions (since the deadline for sending them is 2nd November)?

Where did you get the 12th as a deadline date for anything (and not sooner, for example)?

At the risk of sounding like a total goober, I’ve trawled the help threads and still can’t figure out how to send a confession. The card in my lodgings only seems to allow me to seek confessions. Is there something blindingly obvious that I’m missing here? I do have at least 3 of every menace.
edited by Kestrad on 10/27/2015

@Kestrad: You can only confess your own sins when someone sends you an offer.

– Mal

A lament to the RNG:

Why is it at Hallowmas that you show me cards I have not seen in years, but withhold from me the Visitors I long to see?

I would be honored to trade confessions - and, if we be betrayers, that is our own business.

Please do send requests if you’ll accept them in return. I’m cavanaugh in Fallen London as well as here.

From the Confessions at the Feast of Masks storylet:
&quotIf you have gathered confessions, you can now choose to keep or betray them. These options will be available until the 12th of November.&quot

Presumably, the ability to accept confession requests ends when your ability to do anything with those confessions ends.
After that, Hollowmas as we know it ends and Mr Huffman begins to ask about you for the Gazette.

Unless I’m very much mistaken.

Well, Andre~Alexin here.

Question:

I’m tempted to explore the Visitors at Hallowmas card, but I already got a destiny (a fate locked one no less) from the drowning feast. If I clicked through the various options for the flavor text, is there anything to pick on the Possible Futures card for someone who doesn’t want to give up their current destiny, or would I essentially just be throwing those actions away?
edited by Scienceandponies on 10/27/2015