Hallowmas is here!

But it doesn’t, in my view, follow that you should accept them as they arrive because you have only a finite number of actions and risk being stuck below the menace threshold and out of actions which would prevent you from receiving further invites.

Agreed - also we have longer to accept the invitations than the time we have to send them. Though I’m still not sure precisely how actively I am going to be sending them this year.

So I take it is best to hold off accepting any invites until after it is no longer possible for people to them? Thus maximizing the actions that can be put towards confessions?

That’s the idea, although you may set a cutoff for how many confessions to send out before switching to accepting depending on your target Spirit. You’ll need to spend an action disposing of each confession you get, and regaining the menacess in order to accept each subsequent confession from someone else will take 4 or 5 actions at least. If confession offers are piling up, that’s potentially quite a lot of actions spent trying to answer all of them.
edited by Kaigen on 10/26/2015

Sorry for the repost, but since we’ve wandered over to a new page, I don’t want it to get lost:

It looks like, once non-POSIs reach Confessions 6, they can no longer send out invitations for confessions. So, from then on, they’re entirely reliant on the initiative of others? Am I missing something?

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]Sorry for the repost, but since we’ve wandered over to a new page, I don’t want it to get lost:

Visitors at Hallowmas is an Abundant card with no unlock requirements. So it will come regardless of whether you have a destiny. I have a destiny and am holding VaH card in my hand right now. Considering the card is Abundant, 10 Fate to expedite it is a bit hefty in my opinion…

Sorry I don’t know the answer to your question DragonRidingSorceress I hope someone else can help.

Yes non-POSIs are capped at Confessions 6. I’m trying to decide whether it is worth starting my Non-POSI character on the road and hope to get the cards before the end of Hallowmas (their stats with gear are high enough but I was waiting until they had some more resources as becoming POSI is so expensive)

[quote=lady ciel ]Sorry I don’t know the answer to your question DragonRidingSorceress I hope someone else can help.

Yes non-POSIs are capped at Confessions 6. I’m trying to decide whether it is worth starting my Non-POSI character on the road and hope to get the cards before the end of Hallowmas (their stats with gear are high enough but I was waiting until they had some more resources as becoming POSI is so expensive)[/quote]

When I was reading up on Hallowmas before the event started, I was examining this from a POSI perspective: so I was thinking of how it’s important for the first six requests they accept to be from non-POSIs. Then they can start accepting POSI requests. But, looking at it from the perspective of non-POSIs: for them only be able to have six requests accepted, total, over the course of a long festival… Doesn’t that limit their participation quite severely?

There are other things - an opportunity card and getting a destiny (if you haven’t got one) and they can always accept invitations. So it is just sending invitations that is capped but yes it does seem like non-POSIs can’t participate as much as others. Especially as they are only available for the single menace confessions and those are only useful for any other player’s first 6 confessions.

Thanks for affirming that I haven’t misunderstood how this works, Lady Ciel. :) I wasn’t sure if I was picking things up correctly, because I was expecting the possibilities for POSI and non-POSI to be more along the lines of the Fruits of the Zee, where even non-POSI could participate almost as fully as POSI (I say “almost” just because their stats wouldn’t be as high), in spite of not having a ship.

Can you change your destiny using the opportunity card if you already have one? Or do you have to pay fate to change it regardless?

If you want to change your destiny you have to pay fate.

That is very disheartening… I had hoped that opportunity cards would be my salvation, as I got my destiny without knowing for sure what I was doing last year. Oh well.

A follow-up on my question. The text under petty confessions reads: “If you have Confessions of 6 or more, this will have no benefits.” So, supposing a non-POSI sends out lots of petty confession requests, but doesn’t accept any for a few days. Then, a few days later, all the requests they sent are accepted, and they also accept plenty of requests that they were sent. Only the first six will have any effect for the non-POSI?

Ifi understand correctly, it’ll still give trust, but no confession. it’ll be useful in the next year, but not this one, as a result.

Thank you!

When I look at the list of social actions, I feel like being swept away by waves of despair or something like that.

You’re a popular young lady. At least you’re not nitebrite- I’m sure she’s drowning in them now,since she’s active on the forums and the top entry on a list of people to contact.

What day will the cut off be for sending confessions, then what day will the cut off me for accepting? I wan’t to make sure I get as much spirit before Mr Huffam comes round.