Hallowmas 2022: the Feast of Masks

Thank you very much. As usual, you are great source of knowledge and always willing to share it.

1.8k Spirit of Hallowmas now.

I got my vanity quality obtained last year by getting above 2.5k Spirit of Hallowmas… but I don’t really like it. The Knight of Hallowmas: The Bear. Hope that changes into something better this time.

Also, the Roof Below (Infant Mask place) is a bad place for grinding Spirit of Hallowmas, since there are hardly any Wound-modifying items to equip. It was super easy last year when I chose the Moth mask, which raises the Nightmare menace.

1 Like

PSA: Second batch of free Confessions has arrived!

I feel like there ought to be an in-game announcement or pop-up storylet or something.

5 Likes

Any particular companions to look out for, anything that stands out of the new ones?

I picked a few that seem neat, but I’ve got some confessions left so am wondering whether anything’s best-in-slot that I should also try and grab. Of the free and fate ones.

I just hit my Spirit of Hallowmass target for my main - 2534 SoH. This seems like plenty :slight_smile:

I have also used all but my last two confessions. Is there any way I can donate confessions to another player?

2 Likes

In the end I decided to bend my Fate and pretend that I acquired Inquisitive Lamp-Cat during the Fruits ot the Zee. It’s unsporting to bend Fate, I know, but Feline Pariah is too greate, I had two confessions left and it’s, you know, CAT! :smile:

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the Precocious Engineer will be available next year w/out Fate? I haven’t made much progress in the Khanate, so I wasn’t even aware of their existence until last week, and it seems too late to make up for lost time.

1 Like

Very few have been available without fate for more than one year.

1 Like

Do you have a Khaganian Front and access to Khan’s Heart? Hallowmas will continue going for another five days and change. You should be able to speed-run the Precocious Engineer in perhaps two, if you’re narrowly focused on it.

Get cablegrams, commit Expand Your Network until you’re at 4, and then start doing the intrigues starting with the Wolf Khan’s court.

Yeah, I wanted that guy but I haven’t unlocked Khan content yet.

So I have redeemed the following:

• Navigator-Elect of the Sea of Spines
  • Prescient Automatist
  • Feline Pariah
  • Minacious Union-Rat
  • Reptilian Darling of the Beau Monde
  • Fabulous Accomplice

Reminder to all: remember to get another free Weary Wayfarer after you have used up one to get the upgraded version. In theory you can have two upgraded versions in addition to the Weary Wayfarer.

3 Likes

Something lucky happened this Hallowmas to my main. He somehow got 15 free confessions (yes, I counted them and recounted). So I had a little more freedom in choosing my new companions. Hope this lucky bug happends not only to me.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Silly me thought I could only have one of the two upgrades.

As far as I can see it, this year lacks a BiS-No-Brainer like last years Pirate-Poet. Or did I miss something?

Closest is the Feline Pariah. The only comparable companion for Monstrous Anatomy is Fate-Locked. It’s also tied BiS for shadowy, although that’s less exclusive.

3 Likes

The Prescient Automatist MIGHT have some use in a hypothetical dual-test of Mithridacy/Glasswork, or an outfit-locked zone with both kinds of tests (at different times, which rules out Khan’s Heart). Not a strong argument, but “weird hypothetical” still ends up in the top 3 picks for me.

1 Like

Regarding the Knight of Hallowmas quality, is anyone aware of a maximum CP level for advancing it? It seems there would have to be a CP ceiling, otherwise the top (known) levels would be unobtainable.

It seems to scale the usual way (7 CP to reach level 7; 20 CP to reach 20, etc) and likely has a CP ceiling of 50. It’s worth noting that it’s cumulative year to year, so all the incredibly high results had a “head start” from previous years. As an example, I finished 2020 at a meager level 6, and then in 2021 cashed in 7805 Spirit, which our tentative formula calls ( (7805 - 2500) / 20) =~ 265 CP. Level 6 + 265 CP makes Level 23 with 17 CP towards the next level (so I have Knight level 23). If I manage it again this year, I’d expect 23.17 + 265 = 32.30, so level 32: [unknown!]

2 Likes

I see… thank you for the insights. And congratulations on your impressive Spirit of 2021! I can now see how the vices of accumulated years can reach the outer limits. Cheers to this season as well!

How do you find how much spirit you have? I can’t see it anywhere, despite having completed the fool’s judgement several times…

It’s under your ‘Myself’ tab under ‘Stories’. You can also see it as a requirement on the option to change your mask under ‘The Streets of London: Hallowmas’.