Hallowmas 2022: the Feast of Masks

In addition to Diptych’s suggestions, you can set it into your Scrapbook on your Myself tab (put ‘Spirit’ in the search box for the scrapbook to find it there and select it to set it in), which I find to be the easiest means of glimpsing it quickly.

2 Likes

You can also go in the storylet “The Streets of London: Hallowmas”, where it’s a prerequisite for changing your mask. Hover over the little prerequisite icon and it will tell you how much you have.

Don’t change your mask unless you want too of course :)

Does the Knight of Hallowmas quality change from year to year, if one manages to change/increase the level of Spirit, or are the new KoH levels added to the Accomplishments? Is the previous KoH overwritten, I mean?

Yes, your previous KoH gets overwritten as you advance in levels.

Thank you! That wasn’t very clear on the wiki. Hmm, better save my Spirit for next year then…

Oh you should most definitely spend your Spirit this year since it gets deleted anyway at the end of the event.

1 Like

Is anyone else delaying Discordant Studies to fail to Listen to the Silence?

I’m favouring the Duchess route: +5 Menace every time, and out of the Unaccountably Peckish Cards the Seven (+7) and Five (+10) are quite good, the Three (+10) and Six (+7) are a bit clunky with Suspicion, and I’ve just been holding the Two/Four/Ace in hand (I’ve been trying to alternate Duchess / UP Card so I have 7 UP at all times and won’t draw the Knight and Knave which aren’t sufficiently menacing).

I’m going to be sad to swap my title for another; I was quite fond of The Knight of Hallowmas 23: A Knower of Things Best Left Unsaid. But we must march ever onward into mystery!

3 Likes

Oh does it? I thought I’d read posts suggesting people were carrying it over from previous years but maybe I misunderstood! Well, not much choice then.

Confusion is quite understandable, Hallowmas has a lot going on! A quick breakdown for clarity:

1. “Spirit of Hallowmas” marks your progress this year, and everyone started from 0. We all have two weeks to accrue as much as we can by “cashing out” Menaces.
  2. This Monday (around noon UK time), we can’t get any more Spirit (so be careful not to have too much Menace left over Monday morning!). If you’re over 2500 you can convert excess Spirit into a quality called “the Knight of Hallowmas” which hangs around year to year, so if you already have it you’ll increase your level proportionally to how much extra Spirit you got (3000 total Spirit converts the excess 500 into about 25 points, 7000 gets you about 350 points, etc. It’s roughly 1 point per 20 Spirit based on observations, and crucially it’s points not levels, so the higher your level the more points you need to increase it!). If you don’t have the quality Knight of Hallowmas the process is the same, except that you’re starting from level 0. Once you’ve received your points of Knight of Hallowmas, you’re left with 2499 Spirit.
  3. Whether you started below 2500, or were just placed there by step #2, you can now spend it on items! Fan favourite is Three Elements of Dawn and Three Mountain-Sherds for 1500.
  4. A week after this Monday if you still have leftover Spirit, it vanishes into thin air (it might be a little later than Monday if it’s still tied to when your Time the Healer comes, but either way don’t plan on keeping it past then) Your Knight of Hallowmas sticks around, though, so you can brag about that all year until next Hallowmas when you have the option to upgrade it to another level!
2 Likes

I have accumulated 3666 Spirit of Hallowmas, I expect to get promoted from ‘The Bear’ to ‘Steeped in Transgression’ later.

It was fun, but a tad tedious. Had to use favours occasionally when that Mask card refused to show up on the deck.

hxxps://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/The_Knight_of_Hallowmas

1 Like