Hallowmas 1895 is Here!

[quote=Xue][quote=Anne Auclair]
Did you get a different title? The only one I’ve seen is: A Perspicacity of Clerking, Crucial Near-to-the-Mayor of our illustrious home, the city of London.[/quote]

My Alt bought the certificate option twice as is: An Abundance of Compelling Information, Indispensable Proxy-Sub-Deputy-Mayor of our illustrious home, the city of London.

I’m curious if anyone has decided to see this option further. My alt probably will; the current enhanced companions (although quite nice) don’t really suit em.[/quote]
According to a comment on the wiki, the cost also increases with each level

[quote=Lady Sapho Byron][quote=Lady Karnstein]Being a Nocturnal does not necessarily mean being a Feducci supporter at all…
edited by Lady Karnstein on 10/26/2017[/quote]

You got that right!

In fact, as a Nocturnal I went out of my way to shock people by supporting the DTC.[/quote]
Just like being a Bazaarine did not mean you were a Sinning Jenny supporter. And Jenny was literally handing out jobs to Bazaarines and putting them in charge of public construction projects (what does Bazaarine architecture look like anyway? there are probably a few examples around London…assuming they actually built anything and didn’t just blow their budget on wine and honey). All Feducci has done for the Nocturnals is provide them with poetic inspiration.

I have the impression that upgrading Lydia is an essential action. My alt is fairly new, didn’t take part in the Feast of the Rose, and didn’t get her as a companion. To him she’s now a 5-point Fate-locked option. Presumably this is only of relevance to those who have access to Sinning Jenny’s school, but I wonder… if Lydia gets further updates to her storyline will we get penalized with Fate if we miss this upgrade?

Lydia is not tied to the School that I am aware of. She came up last Hallowmass, At the Feast of the Rose and Election, and I think that is it.

If she has a storyline, I have not seen it, other than the little bit of text you get when you acquire her.

Her connection to the Finishing School is simply that Jenny wanted her to work there. She couldn’t bear the idea, and so took off with the player character instead.
edited by Plynkes on 10/26/2017

A new free confession is available, as is a new special NPC confession and a new trading option in Watchmaker’s Hill!

Ooh, and the NPC is a good one!

[color=#cc0099]Delicious friends, after reviewing some feedback we’ve decided that this Hallowmas, 13 free confessions will be given out, in comparison to last year’s 8. Thank you for your feedback on the Notability grind, it was intended to allow hardcore players to get a few more confessions than other players, but seems to function more of a burden than a kindness! We’ll take this into consideration for the festival for next year.[/color]

Thank you! I really like how FBG listens and reacts to player feedback. Even though I would still love the Notability 8 requirement to be lowered for this year, but I guess I can’t have everything and it really helps to know the exact number of free confessions to expect.

Thank you!

What can you use Nobility for this season?
edited by Kindoflame on 10/26/2017

[quote=Kindoflame]What can you use Nobility for this season?
edited by Kindoflame on 10/26/2017[/quote]

To buy more confessions.

I am a bit confused; what are the requirements to acquire Feducies lance replica?
EDIT: I missed the option before. Does the 13 free confessions include what has already been given out? Or what was given out today and what will be given out later? I now intend to divert all my resources towards acquiring this lance, but I fear I may already be locked out of from what I have already spent.
edited by Koenig on 10/26/2017

65 feducci favours, which is 15 confessions.

You need 60 x Feducci’s Favour.

Currently, you gain 4 x Favours from him for every confession you give him. The instructions indicate the he’ll give more for the confessions to be released next week.

I assume they mean 13 free confessions overall throughout the holiday (since they compare to the 8 free confessions given last year).

Since Feducci will give more for next week’s confessions, I’d advise to hold on to them (better yet, don’t play the option to claim the free confessions yet).

I assume they mean 13 free confessions overall throughout the holiday (since they compare to the 8 free confessions given last year).

Since Feducci will give more for next week’s confessions, I’d advise to hold on to them[/quote] Will do.

Oops…

[quote=Koenig][quote=dov]Since Feducci will give more for next week’s confessions, I’d advise to hold on to them[/quote] Will do.

Oops…[/quote]
You can always trade confessions, either with another player, or via the daily NPC conversion options which pop up.

[quote=dov]
I’d advise to hold on to them (better yet, don’t play the option to claim the free confessions yet).[/quote]

I get why wait till next week to trade confessions in. But why wait to obtain them in the first place? That way you have more time to trade them around to get the right balance. What’s the advantage of not obtaining them till next week?

[quote=genesis][quote=dov]
I’d advise to hold on to them (better yet, don’t play the option to claim the free confessions yet).[/quote]

I get why wait till next week to trade confessions in. But why wait to obtain them in the first place? That way you have more time to trade them around to get the right balance. What’s the advantage of not obtaining them till next week?[/quote]
So that we have more chances to acquire second-week confessions, which are rarer and considered more valuable by Feducci & the confession trading community.

EDIT: Mechanically, we get extra confessions due to the Hallowmas quality lock on the storylet for getting confessions rising. In the second week, that storylet is replaced with another one, that also gives out second-week confessions. If you’ve kept your Hallowmas quality minimal up to that point, you should be able to play the new storylet more than others, thus having more chances for the better confessions.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 10/26/2017