Hallowmas 1895 is Here!

[color=#cc0099]The Feast of Masks, when opposites meet at midnight! This is the season of unexpected guests and dangerous revelations. A season of secrets even our honourable lord Mayor cannot resist…

Hallowmas has returned! The Feast of Masks will take place from 24th October until the 7th November. To begin, find Hallowmas: An Audacious Theft!, available throughout London.

[/color]

[color=#cc0099]

Confessions at the Feast of Masks
Guard your identity with a mask and collect confessions. It’s your choice to trade them to friends, factions, or other prominent people of the Neath. Certain combinations of confessions will allow you to enhance particular companions.

We’ve set up a space to trade confessions, or feel free to search out your own with #HallowmasTrade. In order to make a trade with someone else in Fallen London, you will need to be certain they are on your contact list. Add your acquaintance either by visiting their profile page and clicking ‘add contact’ or by typing in their character name during the trade.

Divulged secrets from prominent figures of the Neath will also allow you to honour them or betray their trust. Just beware, confessions are slippery things, and you may find the second week of Hallowmas brings additional opportunities. And of course, be sure to make any decisions about the confessions you’ve gathered from any characters by 7th November!

At the end of the festival, Mr. Huffam will still be about, looking to interview festival-goers and some of your new companions. Be sure to discover a Hallowmas epilogue and special epithet along your way.

Destinies
The Feast of Masks, when opposites meet at midnight! This is the season of unexpected guests… who carry terrible glimpses of possible futures.

Use this special time to acquire or change your destiny. This can only be done at certain times of the year, so be sure to take advantage of the chance! Begin with Attract a Visitor at Hallowmas.

Update 26 October 2017
Delicious friends, after reviewing some feedback we’ve decided that this Hallowmas, 13 free confessions will be given out, in comparison to last year’s 8. Thank you for your feedback on the Notability grind, it was intended to allow hardcore players to get a few more confessions than other players, but seems to function more of a burden than a kindness! We’ll take this into consideration for the festival for next year.

Update 10 November 2017

Hello delicious friends - please be sure your dealings with Mr. Huffam are carried out ahead of the 13th November! Most likely everything will wrap up around midday London (GMT) time, but we advise finishing up well before then.[/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 11/10/2017

And it’s here! The story popped out of the blue when I tried to play a card so it’s an auto play event.
Picked the Ruthless Henchman with my alt and there were no other effects other than him, the confession and (I think) Hallowmas: The Aftermath of An Explosion of Revelations quality.

I collected the DTC’s confession, but the text told me that I gained Genial Magician’s confession. Bug?

Same here. And I can’t actually find it in my inventory either.

It was the same for me.

Same here.
EDIT: Inside the story tab there’s A Confession of Curiosity from the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner 1. So probably just a type in there.
EDIT #2: Typo fixed!
edited by Skinnyman on 10/24/2017

Ah. That’s curious. A confession of a different order to the ones that go in the inventory, it would seem.

Small wonder I never spotted it. I gave up ever trying to find anything in my Story tab long ago. It goes on for a week. :)

Hum, seems Skinny got The Cheery Man’s Confession. I really wonder how will this affect people that concluded the story with him dead. :D

EDIT: Sided with the rat if someone want’s the echo.

Oh dear… So I’m a bit daft, but I can’t figure out how to trade confessions? Or is that something we’re not yet meant to be able to do?
Edit: Spoke too soon, I see.
edited by Nephemiah Hamilton on 10/24/2017

It seems that the main Seasonal storylet with the guide and the opportunities for trading and upgrading hasn’t been unlocked yet for some reason

You need to get DTC’s free confession to get the season’s story.
Seems that we’ll need 8 Nota to get a free confession… ouch! :D

EDIT: Damn, Fate is required to get last year’s! :( Was short of only 2 to get the last, Faustian Henchman, but 20 Fate seems a bit more… Let’s see how things will evolve in any case.
OMG, loveeely new companions!!! :D Spoiler time:

Bat with Attitude (rare success), Sister Lydia (last year’s Feast), Midnight Matriarch and two paths for Rat, Henchman and Monkey

The new companions are amazing. I love my new bat. :D (Also, minor typo in the bat choice. It says “it’s temper”)

FYI, you can go to Ladybones road to find an option to exchange the Bishop of St Fiacre’s confession for one by the Cheery Man or by the Veteran Privy Councillor.

8 Notability (meaning 9 Notability re-grind for repeated used) is definitely ouch

And 3 more free ones. This takes us to a total of 4 confessions out of the total 21.

My dislike of the Veteran Privy Councilor continues to grow. What a puffed-up mediocrity pretending at power. Even his scandals are incredibly boring :P

21 confessions for the companions, and it seems to be 4 Feducci Favour per confession, so that’s another 15 if you want the Lance. 1 for the certificate, so you need 37 confessions altogether to get the time limited stuff, I think.

i’m not sure if the girl was trying to blackmail him for money or get a legit child support from him, but either way, i’m already on her side on this one

Damn, just saw what you can get from Feducci! Now I want to get rid of my Criminal record but his darn Lance as well! :|

Be warned: unlike all other options on Hallowmas 1895 storylet that lead to further choices, ‘FEDUCCI WELCOMES YOUR CONFESSIONS’ is not a 0-action choice. Yes, the bandaged b_____d will happily take away your actions just for exploring the menu. :(