Hallowmas 1895 is Here!

So, I’ve been wondering if the increased Notability requirements this year means that FBG has planned a different way of getting bonus confessions. Perhaps something that opens up in the second week. My initial hypothesis was that Feducci would be redistributing the confessions you gave him because he’s more heavily involved in this festival and that seems like a thing he would do. But maybe the Finishing School could be part of this too?

Here’s hoping. Notability is rough, y’all.

The Palace being opened up might also be a factor - it’s now a bit easier to grind making waves?

i suspect he might already be thinking on how to capitalise on the girl’s gratitude in his future spy business, but i sincerely hope he’s planning to use her story as a blackmail material, because someone needs to make life harder for that pompous ballet-lover

i suspect he might already be thinking on how to capitalise on the girl’s gratitude in his future spy business, but i sincerely hope he’s planning to use her story as a blackmail material, because someone needs to make life harder for that pompous ballet-lover[/quote]
In all fairness it’s probably not worth very much as blackmail material, as the Privy Councilor’s indiscretions are exposed with some regularity :P A big tell is how perfunctory the confession is. Like, no real regret, no fear, no soul searching, no pathos, no wicked triumph - he’s clearly as bored by it as the rest of us, like this is just something that happens every once in a while and he can barely be bothered to write it down.

I was absent-mindedly going through the upgradeable companion paths and accidentally gave away two of my confessions for a celebrated weasel. Ouch.

I mean it’s a very nice weasel but those confessions are valuable.

god i hate him. being so dull, so dull, dull as a tootache, is the greatest crime of all

I am trading the Veteran Privy Councillor’s Confession for the Melancholy Curate’s Confession or Jovial Contrarian’s Confession.

The confession-trading thread is over here!

By the way, has anyone yet converted a Working Rat? If so, I’d love to see the result!
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 10/25/2017

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]The confession-trading thread is over here!

By the way, has anyone yet converted a Working Rat? If so, I’d love to see the result!
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 10/25/2017[/quote]

I got the Minacious Union-Rat.

His new character description says &quotIt’s amazing how versatile a spanner can be. He’s started a union- ostensibly to campaign for worker rights, but so far its meetings have only descended into squabbling.&quot

I’ve noticed what is probably a bug when trading one of my confessions, when picking which confession I want the “Trade for His Amused Lordship’s Confession” option is with the text as if you’re offering his confession, not asking for it.

Oops, sorry.

[quote=Passionario]The lance replica is a +20 Dangerous, +2 Dreaded weapon.
edited by Passionario on 10/24/2017[/quote]

Looks like Feducci is getting all of my confessions… damn that bandaged man

Does anyone know if Dauntless’ confession has any use at the moment?

[quote=karsus][quote=Passionario]The lance replica is a +20 Dangerous, +2 Dreaded weapon.
edited by Passionario on 10/24/2017[/quote]

Looks like Feducci is getting all of my confessions… damn that bandaged man[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Anyone else feel like the Hallowmas confessions are Neathy trading cards? &quotI’ll trade you my Bishop for your Ambitious Barrister.&quot

They are, rather! I never traded cards as a young’n so it’s kind of fun to have a go at collecting them.

Honestly, how often did Dauntless even pop up before this Election? I know there was the option on Pass the Cat, but apart from that the Elections were the first I had heard of her.[/quote]
Besides the affair with the cat, you could run into her while incredibly drunk, she might bring you potato soup when you were convalescing at home (awwww), and during Hallowmas she would harass you to come clean with the Haunted Doctors confession. She featured a little bit more in some content that was cut from the game at some point and she also had a cameo in Sunless Sea. All in all, until the Election she was a very underused background character with a great deal of potential. So it’s really nice to see her again.

Presumably the Detective will be giving us a confession as well, as she was also present at the Festival of the Zee.

It’s a little funny, in a sad way, how the Campaigner is the only customer frequenting that cafe between Spite and Ladybones. Even when she’s surrounded by a crowd, she always has this air of loneliness about her. Which makes her shunning the unnamed Tomb Colonist all the sadder. He was probably one of her few real friends. But then, it’s hard to forgive someone who messed with your family.

Not at the moment. Presumably next week the Tomb Colonist that the Campaigner talked about will come around and ask you to reveal the reason the Campaigner is no longer dining with him. I’m really agonizing about what to do here.
edited by Anne Auclair on 10/25/2017

Awww! I’ll be your friend, Mrs Dauntless! I also love tea and hate oppression!

How?

If you’re referring to &quotThe Life of the Mind&quot that was always an inferior way to get MW (1 CP per action, vs. 1.6 when using side-conversions).

If you’re referring to the MW gained by creating works, these give a max of 10 CP of MW for a lot of actions.

Answering my own question, the things available that are best-in-slot for something, potentially:

Celebrated weasel is best-in-slot for Plagued by a Popular Song (+2)
Utterly Livid Bat could be best-in-slot dangerous at +9 if I didn’t already have the Extravagantly-Titled Tigress from last year. (It’s also behind the laconic prodigy and tied with some profession items.)
Midnight Matriarch of the Menagerie of Roses is best-in-slot for Respectable (+2).

And of course, that fake lance is best-in-slot for Dangerous at +20 and Dreaded at +2.

So my course is set. I’m going to try to accumulate the confessions I need for the lance; if I succeed, I’ll get that, and if I fail to get enough my fallbacks will be celebrated weasel and midnight matriarch of the menagerie of roses.