Hallowmas 1895 is Here!

Here’s an interesting tidbit:

[quote=Trade Feducci’s Favour for a Commemorative Certificate]Each time you trade in Favour, you will gain an increasingly florid certificate.
Currently, to him, you are: merely your own good self.[/quote]
Seems like this is a repeatable option, probably intended as a confession-sink for those who have leftover confessions by the end of the festival.

Which makes no sense whatsoever to me, as it seems like they went out of their way to ensure that even very end-game players would be more likely to end up short on confessions than in possession of extra ones…

Thank you for the link!
And yes, the art bit was disappointing indeed. A musical weasel would be amazing.

Ugh. Since I’m at notability 14 in a paramount presence grind, I’m going to have to skip the notability grind, I don’t want to give up points 14 and 13 for a confession… What are the things available this Hallowmas that are best in slot? I’ll have to only go for those…

Clearly the lance, but I don’t know if that one will even be reachable. Anything else? I have an ubergoat and last year’s upgraded tiger, so I think none of the companions listed would upgrade my stats, besides the lance… Is that right?

If I can’t get the lance, I’ll to for the weasel. Its best in slot for plagued by a popular song.

[quote=Aardvark]
Quite so. I thought I was at a reasonable enough point with 27 BDR, but this is rather brutal. Non-endgame players don’t stand much of a fighting chance here, do they?

Other than that, I do love the whole business and the new companions as well. The cost is at least one point too steep for me to entirely enjoy the season’s collecting, though.[/quote]
Same here. My main went North a couple months ago, and my new main is just not in a place to compete for Notability at these levels (I have 23 BDR as of now, but no Salon or Orphanage yet).

I realize the lance is an extremely high-level item, and they wanted to make it accordingly difficult, but I didn’t expect it would be so hard to pick up a few extra confessions for companions.

[quote=PSGarak]I quite enjoyed Hallowmas last year, and just barely managed to snag all the companions by the skin of my teeth.

But I am somewhat disappointed this year, because this incarnation is missing what was quite clearly the objectively best part of last year–new art! And not entirely new art, but art that was a small and hilarious variation on existing art!

My two new companions look identical in my inventory to the base companions that they used to be. They give the appearance of having been unchanged. And more importantly, my weasel has no tiny scarf or miniature hat from its adventures in Mahogany Hall. Since the Weasel is this year’s Goldfish, it deserves something better.[/quote]

Was hoping for an incredibly savage looking bat art tbh, not just mildly upset, needs more bats

Is putting the fates of all those individuals into the hands of Feducci worth a replica of a lance and a “good lad/lass/unspecified” certificate?

Yes, without batting an eye!

Agree about the art. Sad.

I just realised that one could, if resources permit, gain a flock of, say, 7 utterly livid bats. I am now sad for not stockpiling bats with attitude.

I really resent using my Sulky Bat for nothing but Favours now… Ah, well, I’m en route to a Laconic Prodigy anyways.

Do we have any estimates for how much the second-week confessions will be worth? I… really do not have the resources to get to Notability 8 many times and I want that lance!

The real question here is what do you unlock by having 400 celebrated weasels?

+800 to Plagued by a Popular Song?

Chalk me up as one more person disappointed by the choices the devs have made this Hallowmas on the vastly increased notability grind.

No new art this year for the new companions? That’s a serious disappointment! My Tigress with Tiara is so cool from last year–wish my new Livid Bat had some cool art. I have 3 BwA for my main account, my alts only have one each…and I don’t think I’m trading them for a Livid Bat if I only have one, esp. if the art is the same.

Is… is the Celebrated Weasel going to be racist?

Milkshake duck, no!

I’m not really angry about the Notability raise, I’m just concerned for early players since I’m a late-game player with a BDR of 29 and am still having trouble. I think one of the bigger challenges involved are the additional confessions required to garner favor with Feducci and receive his unique items, which alongside the Notability raise makes it an even tighter grind.

But enough of that, let’s talk about some of the positives. Even though I mentioned it a bit ago as a potential issue, I love that the Mayor is taking a bigger role in Hallowmas this year. Feducci comes off as one of the most extra characters in the game, which can make him seem like a bad guy due to how antagonistic he can be. So it’s nice to see him in a better light when trading confessions; he acts laid back with the player and either keeps the confessions to himself or uses them to the benefit of those involved. Also, there’s a nice set of companions and individual confessions available this year. While I’d like to see some varied art, they lay out some nice flavor text on the change in our companions and tasty tidbits on some character favorites. That’s not even mentioning the continued involvement of the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner in holidays, which is an improvement from last year’s candidate involvement. I’m hoping to see the continued appearance of her and the Implacable Detective during Feducci’s time in office (I’d say I want them to show up during his unique Fate-locked story if he gets one, but that may be asking for a bit much), but what we’ve seen so far is a nice improvement. Other than a few hangups, I’m looking forward to this Hallowmas.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 10/24/2017

i’m not sure if the girl was trying to blackmail him for money or get a legit child support from him, but either way, i’m already on her side on this one[/quote]
I might give his confession to Feducci out of sheer spite.

Honestly, how often did Dauntless even pop up before this Election? I know there was the option on Pass the Cat, but apart from that the Elections were the first I had heard of her.

Edit: On review, this is pretty off-topic… Ah, well. I first joined around Sacksmas of last year, so I can’t speak as to whether this is better or worse than things used to be. I just know I’m going to enjoy the 12-watchful companion.
edited by ReusedNPC on 10/24/2017

i’m not sure if the girl was trying to blackmail him for money or get a legit child support from him, but either way, i’m already on her side on this one[/quote]
I might give his confession to Feducci out of sheer spite.[/quote]

Giving his confession to feducci is actually the good end. Feducci gets her into jenny’s school so she has better chances in life. (No quality change, so its just text)

I might give his confession to Feducci out of sheer spite.[/quote]

Giving his confession to feducci is actually the good end. Feducci gets her into jenny’s school so she has better chances in life. (No quality change, so its just text)[/quote]
Well, that’s unexpectedly and suspiciously compassionate of him. It’s also a nice callback to Jenny’s term, so I like.

Speaking of Jenny’s School, I just played through it twice and I didn’t see any new Hallowmas content, though there’s a ‘Class Prone to Confession 4’ with a Hallowmas skull icon under Stories. So I don’t know what’s going on there. Has anyone else had better luck?