Hallowmas 1893: Confessions List

I checked history of Whimsy, and the “confessions 3” requirements appears to have been there from the start (2013). But I think this is the first year when we are organized enough to let it affect our plans.
For most people, 3 accepted petty confessions at the start are a forgettable and trivial thing.

Actually, that requirement appears in the wiki article regarding 2013 but not in the one from last year. And I don’t remember it from last year.It might have been retired.
edited by Angus Turner on 10/25/2015

Ah I didn’t realize the wiki had two versions of the same thing. It was really messing with my head because I definitely didn’t remember it from last year. But if everyone is reasonably certain its a 2013 thing then I’ll declare a state of false alarm and remove my big warning notices.Or is it better to leave them up for now and delete later once we know for sure?
edited by NiteBrite on 10/25/2015

Well, if it’s not a false alarm we DO need to make a plan, else every POSI will start the Hallowmas at SEND ONLY mode while we wait for NON-POSI to answer the call.
I kinda liked the idea that the first day will be Send & Receive day, or the idea to attache a message &quotthis is my one of my first 3 confessions, please accept&quot
edited by Gonen on 10/25/2015

[quote=Gonen]Good idea. But the Non-POSI’s list only has 10 people in it. And Non-POSI aren’t always the most devout players. It takes sometimes days before a non-POSI answers a social action. (Not a complaint, Non-POSI friends, just an observation) :)
edited by Gonen on 10/25/2015[/quote]

As NiteBrite mentioned above, the &quotnon-PoSI&quot label is somewhat misleading. You could send Impropriety invites to PoSIs to get your 3-accept minimum (but that would diminish your utility from confession requests sent to actual non-PoSIs)

I was referring to the suggestion made above me to send to Non-POSI at day 1, because every other POSI will be in SEND ONLY mode, or because the alternative is to coordinate on IRC or declaring Day 1 is Send&Retrieve and so on…

EDIT: Umm… suggestion made by you :)

I understood :) I was just clarifying that if in fact we do run out of non-PoSI who can promptly respond there is a plan B option (the exact logistics of which is yet to be fully ironed out)

I made an alt months ago to test the different social actions. I don’t use this profile any more, but I could of course accept a couple of confessions with it.
She is none-POSI.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/qwe1

Should I add her to the Non-PoSI List?
edited by Ysrthgrathe on 10/25/2015

POSI checking in here, looking forward to a season of sharing this Hallowmas! ScienceFairy, your neighborhood armchair correspo-cosmologist
edited by ScienceFairy on 10/25/2015

I’ve started a somewhat related list for those of us interested in the betrayal aspect of the event.

It has began!
No minimum confession in order to send the POSI confession.
edited by Gonen on 10/26/2015

I really hope I’m not too late…
Name: Cronomancer Callum
POSI confessions preferred.
All days.

Hm. Where did the figure of 15 for Violence, Cruelty, Impropriety, Guile confessions come from?..

The limit appears to be 5 Confessions, which gives you 10 Spirit if you bury them (i.e. if you are non-PoSi) or 20 Spirit if you consign them to the Bazaar (if you are PoSi). So where did the figure 15 come from?..

It appears this year has a 6 non-POSI confession cap.

Dear delicious friends,
I (Furak - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Furak ) accept all POSI confession requests sent to me and i will also send requests back to anyone who sends me.
edited by Furak on 10/26/2015
edited by Furak on 10/26/2015

Polio18 - not a PoSI - any. I like to keep my menaces between 5 and 7.

ICountFrom0 (also link in sig)

PoSI All days, POSI only (Whimsey and Pride only)
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/27/2015

So, just to be sure I did this right:
I brought all my menaces to 3, entered myself into the list (POSI) for ANY, this means that people can send me request actions while I keep my menaces there, and then once I start working through requests, I need to refresh my menaces until my inbox is empty. Correct? Or did I miss something?

[quote=Thorbimorbi]So, just to be sure I did this right:
I brought all my menaces to 3, entered myself into the list (POSI) for ANY, this means that people can send me request actions while I keep my menaces there, and then once I start working through requests, I need to refresh my menaces until my inbox is empty. Correct? Or did I miss something?[/quote]
Exactly!

Thanks! This event is really a little confusususing for a first time player.