Hallowmas 1893: Confessions List

Confessions are now closed!
Thanks to everyone who participated!

Scope:
Hello Delicious Friends,

Hallowmas 1893 (2015) has arrived, and the purpose of this thread is to get everyone organized for the confessions event. Confession requests can only be sent for the first few days of Hallowmas (02-Nov); however, once the social action is received, it can be accepted any until November 9th. So if you are aiming for the higher tiers of rewards from Spirit of Hallowmas (max reward is at 500 spirit) then coordination is key. This thread will list out players who are willing to send and receive confessions on a daily basis. It will attempt to track stats on how confessions are sent and distributed each day (by means of a voluntary data submittal form linked below) to help even out the distribution of confession requests and balance player queues.

What this thread does not cover:
This thread is not a guide thread. It will not cover anything to do regarding the Visitors at Hallowmas seasonal storyline, or the Destinies that you can obtain during seasonal events.

Thread Rules:

[ul][li]Each day that confessions are open, I will post two google doc links, one for PoSI and the other for Non-PoSI, at the top of this thread. These links will be posted here in the evening for the next day. This division is because each player will have a cap on how many Non-PoSI confession requests they can send (limit is 6 levels). Old links for previous days will be moved to the bottom of this post and locked from further editing.
[/li][li]When adding yourself to these lists, please specify which type of confession you prefer to receive (whimsy, pride, all non-PoSI, etc.). If you have no preference, declare ANY. The format to add yourself will be [Name] – [Preference]. Example: NiteBrite – Whimsy, all Non-PoSI.
[/li][li]If you would like to be added to the links above but do not want to use google docs directly, just post to this thread instead. State your in-game name, your PoSI status, and if you have any preferences as to which types of confession requests you will accept. It would also be good if you list dates you plan to keep your menaces high so people know when you will be available, but this is optional. Format [Name], [PoSI status], [Confession Receipt Preference], [Optional: Dates available]. So for example: “NiteBrite, PoSI, Any type, All days”
[/li][li]Optional: When you sign up for a list for a specific day, you commit to only sending confession requests for that day (or until you hit your confessions quality target). This isn’t critical but it is to your advantage to stay available for the duration of the day.
[/li][li]Optional: When you send a confession request, use this link: Confessions Sent Tracker and submit the player name. Example, if you sent a confession request to me, you would type NiteBrite and hit submit.
[/li][li]Data submitted to this form goes into a google spreadsheet which counts unique entries and we will post up the results each day. The idea here is to help even out the distribution of confessions by providing stats on how much of a queue individual players have. A player with a backlog of 10 confession requests waiting is more likely to get to your confession request than a player with a backlog of 100, no? This is an opt-out system with voluntary input, so if you’d rather not be listed let us know.
[/li][li]Please edit the documents responsibly. I am leaving them open for anyone to edit as of now, but if we have to move to a submission set up like the confessions tracker we can. It just makes life harder on everyone else, so I encourage you to be respectful with your edits.
[/li][li]Do not edit other player’s entries, please only edit your own.
[/li][li]If you are a Non-PoSI who has hit your confessions quality limit or just don’t want further confession requets (or a PoSI who wants no further confession requests), please edit your entry either here on the forums or in the linked spreadsheet so that the types of confession requests you will accept is listed as NONE.
[/li][/ul]
FAQs
When does Hallowmas Start?
Hallowmas started on October 26th. Confession requests can be sent until November 2nd and accepted until November 9th. November 9th is also the deadline for using up confessions quality gained from accepting confession requests, so try not to wait until the last minute to accept them.

Is high Spirit of Hallowmas required?
No, you can have a good time at Hallowmas even at low levels of the spirit quality. This thread is provided to help maximize spirit if you want to do that.

What is the difference between PoSI and Non-PoSI confession requests?

PoSI can only send confession requests to non-PoSI up until their Confessions quality hits a value of level 6. After this happens, they can no longer send confession requests to any non-PoSI. We suggest stating your PoSI status when you sign up for confessions as a way to identify these limitations and prevent issues with caps.

Non-PoSI confession requests are cheap and highly desirable due to their lower menace requirements. A PoSI with over Confessions x6 can still accept and benefit from confessions sent from non-PoSI they just cannot reciprocate the confession back to the non-PoSI due to the cap limitations.

What if I plan to send and accept confessions on the same day?
That’s fine really. It only affects you and your availability to receive confessions if you accept them on the same day and lose menaces/invite eligibility. I don’t believe it reduces your contact’s menace to hear your confession.

Help, my confession requests are disappearing from my inbox!
Don’t worry! The storynexus message inbox can only display about ~60 messages at a time. However, it keeps the invites even if you can’t see them. These disappearing confessions will be in your message overflow, and will reappear as you accept/decline/clear out newer messages and social actions. This display limit will make keeping track of your current queue length difficult, but I’ve thought about that too. If most players in this thread use our Confessions Sent Tracker then it should give you a pretty good idea of your queue length even if you can’t see it fully.

How many confession requests do I want in my queue?
About 84 accepted confession requests are required to hit 500 spirit of Hallowmas in the next year. It’s good to overshoot a little though, as not every confession you send will end up getting accepted. I’d suggest a queue of about 100 accepted confession requests every year is ideal, but that is a lofty goal. I was decently popular last year and I only did about ~150 new confessions total. If you use only the last five days of hallowmas to accept confession requests you can accept between 100 and 144 confession requests total. Hopefully though, this thread will organize people better such that high numbers like these are far more common place this year.

How many confession requests do I want to send?
If you can send 125 confession requests and they are accepted, then you can hit 500 spirit this year without having trust 2s from last year.

If I send out enough confessions, do I even need to be available for invites?
Ideally, no you could get by just sending invites and never receiving them. However, in practice this puts you at great risk in that you are now wholly dependent on other players to accept your invites whereas you are in full control of invites in your inbox. This system is very R-Type in how it functions and propagates.

It’s been a while and the confession I sent out still hasn’t been accepted yet, should I cancel it?
I suggest waiting until Hallowmas is over before canceling sent invites. Most likely, your confession is just in someones back log or message overflow and they are working diligently to get to it. Hallowmas does eventually end though, so if you want to clear out your inbox, that would be the most appropriate time.

Are Impropriety confessions really the best?
Yes, they take literally 0 actions to grind menace for and you are 100% confirmed for being the best if you send these.

Do I need menace to send a confession request?
No, you do not need menace to send confession requests. Only the recipient of the request social action is required to have menace for it to work.

What does &quotplayer is in the wrong location&quot mean and why can’t I accept this social action?
Whoever sent your the social action has left london, is in a menace state, has gone zailing, or in general has moved to a location where social actions cannot be sent. The one exception to this is you can always send a letter from your lodgings. I recommend sending a letter to players in the wrong location to let them know you wish them to return soon so you can accept the social action they sent you.

I added a contact but it says they are ineligible for the social action, but that’s wrong. What’s going on?
When you add a new contact by using the input field bar on the social action menu, you have to add them twice. The first time you add a contact this way it always says they are ineligible for the social action. If you add them a second time, it suddenly works and you can send the social action out. I don’t know why this is, but it happens. The alternative is they reduced their menace before you could send the social action and they are actually ineligible, in which case you might consider sending them a letter from your lodgings asking about that.

What do I need to be eligible for a confession invite?

PoSI confessions

[ul][li]Pride: Nightmares and Wounds at 3 or more.
[/li][li]Whimsy: Scandal and Suspicion at 3 or more.
[/li][/ul]Non-PoSI confessions

[ul][li]Violence: Wounds 3+
[/li][li]Curiosity: Nightmares 3+
[/li][li]Impropriety: Scandal 3+
[/li][li]Guile: Suspicion 3+
[/li][/ul]
Tips on how to grind menace:
Get a sporing bonnet, a pirate hat, scarlet stockings, and a modish bonnet (available in the Bazaar). Putting these hats on gives free menace, and if you put them on and take them off while at 0 menace level you gain 1 extra free level of menace.

A starveling cat is good to own and pet for wounds and nightmares.
Public lectures in the Forgotten Quarter under Reap the Academic Benefits is good for Suspicion gain.

See this thread for other tips: Hallowmas Tips?
This is another guide on how to raise menace: Raising Menaces
And this post for a more detailed discussion on menace grinding: Confusion Regarding Hallowmas Mechanics

Other lists and sources of players to confess:
Tumblr: http://failbettergames.tumblr.com/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fallenlondon/comments/3n4ctg/october_2015_active_player_listing_find_a_patron
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fallenlondon
Fan Run IRC: http://saint-arthur.tumblr.com/IRC

Seasonal Starveling Cat Offers:
A Hallowmas Offer - Lending Starveling Cats
The starveling cat! The starveling cat!

Previous days:
Previous days are now removed and deleted. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Special Thanks: to Cecil and Vine for creating the Confessions Sent Tracker spreadsheet and submission forum.
edited by NiteBrite on 11/1/2015
edited by NiteBrite on 11/3/2015

Very nice!

[quote=NiteBrite]Tips on how to grind menace:

A starveling cat is good to own and pet for wounds and nightmares.
Public lectures in the Forgotten Quarter under Reap the Academic Benefits is good for scandal gain.[/quote]

The lecture actually grants Suspicion, not Scandal.

Nathaniel Sterben - PoSI - any type

HarpGuy - PoSI - any type - every day

[quote=NiteBrite]Sign-up for confessions from other players in advance!
PoSI List for Thursday October 29th: Click here
Non-PoSI List for Thursday October 29th: Click here
[/quote]

Please try to click these two links and put your name on it yourself! There are something to read inside, too.
In any case, I added the above two players’ names.

Very nice! Clean too.
Bravo to you, Nitebrite, Cecil, Vine

I am very sorry, I tried adding myself but I am on mobile only for the time being and I cannot seem to edit the document. I am a POSI and would be more than happy to receive any confessions on any day that you may send my way. The truth shall set you free, and all that.

So, let me see if I understand this. As a Person of Some Insignificance, I will be of most use to the community by sending out as many confessions as I can to different POSIs, who can benefit from my request, but will be less able to respond with one of their own? And I do not need high menaces myself, but the POSI to whom I send the request does?
Naturally, I wish to be of greatest possible service to the community in this holiday season.
– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 10/18/2015

The difference between POSI and non-POSI is that the non-POSI confessions have a cap, while POSI options do not. As a POSI you are free to send and accept as many confessions as you can manage during the timeframe, so be sure to keep your menaces high.

Which doesn’t clarify the questions: as a non-POSI, I take it I am most useful sending out confessions to POSI. And I am terribly obtuse: it seems that the menaces must be high to receive confessions, not to send them, which is counter-intuitive, which is why I ask for clarification.
– Mal

[quote=malthaussen]Which doesn’t clarify the questions: as a non-POSI, I take it I am most useful sending out confessions to POSI. And I am terribly obtuse: it seems that the menaces must be high to receive confessions, not to send them, which is counter-intuitive, which is why I ask for clarification.
– Mal[/quote]
That is a very good question malthaussen, so much so that I have updated my FAQ accordingly. Yes, the menace burden is on the receiver and not the sender. Ideally, a non-PoSI only sends; however in practice this puts the non-PoSI at great risk since it makes them wholly dependent on others. This is a very R-Type system where probably a good number of sent confessions may never come to fruition. As such it is a good idea to leave yourself open to receive confessions even if its only as a backup plan. Worst case scenario, you get too many and have to reject the excess. There is no action cost to you to reject invites.

[quote=FAQ]If I send out enough confessions, do I even need to be available for invites?
Ideally, no you could get by just sending invites and never receiving them. However, in practice this puts you at great risk in that you are now wholly dependent on other players to accept your invites whereas you are in full control of invites in your inbox. This system is very R-Type in how it functions and propagates.[/quote]
edited by NiteBrite on 10/18/2015

Ah, thank you, Madam! I shall see you among the pumpkins on the Eve, then!
– Mal

Oh, I misread. Sorry, had to get somewhere quickly. Thanks NiteBrite for explaining things. :)

I’d add that Scarlet Stockings also provide +1 scandal, and can be equipped alongside the Modish Bonnet. They’re available at the Bazaar too.

Having trouble loading Google Docs list, so I’d be grateful if you added me.

Danko - POSI - any type

Dante Kinkade - POSI - any type - any day

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dante~Kinkade
edited by Dante Kinkade on 10/21/2015

Hallowmas may start a week early due to Flint so be on alert for change.

Hobnail! Posi! ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Blackleaf. I’m POSI and any confession works, I’ll try to keep my menaces up.

TenMoreMiles. Not a POSI. Anything goes