Hallowmas 1893: Confessions List

Can’t use the doc right now, sorry about that

NotaWalrus (profile link in signature) - PoSI - Anything goes - Any day

NiteBrite, could you state which time-zone you’re in, so that FL fans from around the world know when days end/start for you? ;)

I’m based out of Houston, TX so my time zone is CST. I’ll post up new docs a day in advanced at 7 PM CST. So for example, on the 28th the doc for the 29th would already be active and I’d post up the doc for the 30th as &quotup next&quot at 7 PM CST. This way you have all of the 29th to sign up for the 30th. At 7 pm on the 29th I’ll move the 29th to previous days, move up the 30th to active, and post the 31st as &quotup next&quot. And so on in that fashion for the rest of the week if that makes sense.
edited by NiteBrite on 10/21/2015

Sorry if some of this is redundant but it’s my first Hallowmas and I want to make sure I’ve understood everything correctly:

-so, I should spend the first five days sending confession invitations only, no matter how much accumulates in my own inbox?
-when I start actually answering other people’s confession requests, I should start with those sent by non-POSIs
-does answering non-POSI requests after I’ve reached Spirit 15 give me any benefit at all?

This is my first Hallowmas, so I definitely appreciate the advance warning. I am a PoSI, and am willing to do whatever I can to aid others (and myself).

It’s so nice to finally be participating in these events with the rest of the community. Being a lone wolf only gets you so far.

[quote=phryne]Sorry if some of this is redundant but it’s my first Hallowmas and I want to make sure I’ve understood everything correctly:

-so, I should spend the first five days sending confession invitations only, no matter how much accumulates in my own inbox?[/quote]
It is recommended that you spend the first few days only sending confessions, as your window to send closes very quickly (five days) and your message inbox can hold a vast number of invites (even if it only -displays- the 60 most recent). You don’t have to do this, it’s just a recommended best practice. If you feel you are biting off more than you can chew (which can easily happen), it is totally okay to stop sending and start accepting confessions at any time. You decide what’s right for you.

Accept received confessions requests in any order you desire, it doesn’t make a difference to you. Non-PoSI requests are easier to accept because they have lower menace requirements so you could knock a lot of them out pretty fast comparatively.

Yes. Accepting confessions request sent -to you- from non-PoSI is not limited to 15 spirit for non-PoSI confessions. You gain full benefits from these as normal.

It is the confessions -you- send -to non-PoSI- that is hindered by the 15x Spirit cap. But even that can be to your advantage, albeit a very long term and roundabout way. If you -send out- too many non-PoSI confessions, you don’t gain any confessions cp, but you do gain Trust 1 with that individual. Without cp confessions you can’t upgrade the trust 1 to trust 2 or betray it; however, at the start of next year’s Hallowmas you -should- get a number of cp confessions equal to your outstanding Trust 1s. That would allow you to upgrade the overflow trust 1s to trust 2s in the next year making that year more efficient by benefiting from the actions of this year, if that makes sense.
edited by NiteBrite on 10/22/2015

@NiteBrite: Thank you! :)

Milestone achieved: 100 PoSI are now listed in the google doc as available for confessions! This is enough to ensure we all hit 500 spirit next year without even trying assuming everyone confesses everyone else (and haven’t already confessed each other last year). Next Milestone will be at 125 players signed up for confessions. At that level everyone should be able to hit 250 spirit this year which would be off the chain. I think it’s going to be easily achievable. There hasn’t even been a public announcement about the holiday yet. Players from everywhere usually flood in when that happens.

I’d like to take the time now to remind everyone to get your menaces ready in advance. We don’t know exactly when Hallowmas will start, and you don’t want to get skipped over on the first day because your menaces weren’t ready as people start going through the main list.

There is a very real chance Hallowmas will start next week, and even possibly this Monday. So if you don’t have the minimum menaces already, now is a very good time to start grinding them up and saving them for the holiday.
edited by NiteBrite on 10/24/2015

I assume that in this list there are veteran players who have already confessed to each other either last year or even two years ago, so more names will be welcome.

Well done NiteBrite (and others) for setting this up!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Margaret~Mackintosh[/url]

PoSI. With 7 Wounds and 7 Nightmares, I’m more than ready for confessions of Pride.

[quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Margaret~Mackintosh[/url]

PoSI. With 7 Wounds and 7 Nightmares, I’m more than ready for confessions of Pride.[/quote]

Hey Bertrand Leonidas Poole, that link wasn’t working right when clicked (it was adding an extra &quot< /a >&quot to the end of the link for some reason) so I have made a corrected link here for you: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Margaret~Mackintosh
edited by NiteBrite on 10/24/2015

So as a non-POSI I should send as many impropriety request to as many people as I can?

I believe that is correct. However, I’ll let some of the more knowledgeable users chime in as this is my first Hallowmas and I am still trying to wrap my head around it.

In fact, I have a question of my own:

Given the 15 SoH non-PoSI limit, when Hallowmas opens does this mean that the first thing a PoSI should do is only send non-PoSI confession invites until they hit 15 and only after they are at 15 should PoSI’s start sending invites to other PoSIs? (I realise there is long-term benefit to building up Trust even if you overshoot the 15 threshold but I am asking this in the context of the immediate benefit this year)

Important Update - BIG PROBLEM! (Possible false alarm, this was a 2013 mechanic): I just learned that you can’t send PoSI requests until you’ve had 3 of your requests accepted. So people won’t be able to mass send PoSI requests until at least some of their sent requests are accepted. This combined with the 60 social action display limitation has me at a loss on how to fix it. The best solution the IRC can think of is to hold off on the Send Only rule for a day or half day. If everyone sends out at least 3 confessions of impropriety with a message saying this confession -must- be accepted, that could help. But if it gets pushed out of the message display limit I don’t know. Impropriety is free (0 action cost) if you wear the scandal gear, so there should be no problem accepting them if you see them in your inbox. I’d suggest if you see an impropriety request, ACCEPT IT IMMEDIATELY. Let me know if anyone has any better solutions. The next best solution I heard is to direct people to the IRC for live coordination with other players via chat:

http://saint-arthur.tumblr.com/IRC

Ideally a non-PoSI sends as many impropriety confessions as possible. However, if you send too many then it doesn't directly benefit you as it caps out pretty fast (but it would benefit others).

A clarification, I've been calling them Non-PoSI confessions, but that's a little inaccurate and I can see it's causing confusion. There are confessions that only can be sent from PoSI to other PoSI and are uncapped and then there are confessions which can be sent from anyone to anyone but they cap at 15. 

Now, the wiki says you have to have at least 3 confessions from this &quoteveryone can send&quot category of curiosity, impropriety, violence, and guile (CIVG) before you can send POSI requests. I don't remember there being such a limit, and it worries me that there is such a gap in my knowledge. But if true, we may need to accept 3 confessions per person before we can send the PoSI confessions. The wiki is rarely wrong, so keep an eye out for that, we'll need to think of a plan on how to accept the minimum number of 3 confessions just to get PoSI confessions unlocked (it will be a bit tricky). I hadn't really thought about this part as I forgot about it, so [b]I am open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas[/b].

In any case, you should send out about 15 confessions from the CIVG category, but they can be sent to anyone. It should be the first thing you do because it locks quickly.
[i]edited by NiteBrite on 10/25/2015[/i]
[i]edited by NiteBrite on 10/26/2015[/i]

I’m a PoSI and I’m reasonably active throughout the day (I access from my phone when bored and I’m an exceptional friend). So I can have a reasonably high turnover on all requests sent to me, unless you explicitly state that you want me to wait on them.

I might be missing something really obvious but wouldn’t that issue be part-linked/part-resolved by my observation above that a PoSIshoupd always start by sending 15 non-PoSI invites first? If that rule is followed then all PoSIs should have he requisite minimum.

So it seems that the first day should be reserved to PoSI’s sending our Improper confession invites and non-PoSIs accepting them. This would ensure that PoSI both meet there 3-accepts minimum and maximise their utility from non-PoSI invites. Or am I missing something obvious?

That might help genesis. There are complications, but its not a bad idea to give it a try.

Good idea. But the Non-POSI’s list only has 10 people in it. And Non-POSI aren’t always the most devout players. It takes sometimes days before a non-POSI answers a social action. (Not a complaint, Non-POSI friends, just an observation) :)
edited by Gonen on 10/25/2015

[quote=Gonen]Good idea. But the Non-POSI’s list only has 10 people in it. And Non-POSI aren’t always the most devout players. It takes sometimes days before a non-POSI answers a social action. (Not a complaint, Non-POSI friends, just an observation) :)
edited by Gonen on 10/25/2015[/quote]

I can’t help with that–both of my characters are POSI. I’ve just put them on the relevant sigh-up list, by the way.