Fully Capped

Created new topic for eaten discussion

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][li]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]- two people are one step away from Passion, and might yet achieve it before the lacre all dries up and the Destinies close[/color][/quote]
A question: is that step to reset their destinies with lacre and look at the available options? Or does something else tell you if you meet the requirements for the Passion destiny?
[/li]

Maybe Passion has something to do with Putting the Pieces Togther:The Taste of Lacre. It was used when the Bazaar was shining its lights during the Feast of the Rose and I think at some point it was mentioned that Lacre surges due to the Bazaar’s passions.

If so, I might be one of the two people. My Putting the Pieces Together: The Taste of Lacre is obscenely high. 33!

Alexis! Who are these two that are but a step away from Passion. Speak their names that we might flood them with interviews and questions. Are they numbered among the 300? How would one know they are close. Is there an in game clue?

I want to check the destinies, but I am a feared I will lose my destins and have no means to regain it in the future (if eating your notability was still around I would change my destiny in a heartbeat to try and look for passion).

Aaaaaaaah! flails and runs around SO MANY MYSTERIES! With nothing even close to capped (highest is Watchful at 176) I shall continue to watch eagerly from the sidelines.

[color=#009900]Morning![/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Two people would be able to elect Passion as a choice were they at a Glimpse of the Future right now. It’s entirely possible that neither of them were aware of it. If either of them have posted on this thread, it’s not obvious from their public usernames.[/color][li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]On the other topic, it is possible for any player to gain Ambition: Enigma, although it won’t do them much good yet. Saharan’s suggestion on the other thread that it used to be a joke, but is no longer, is one possible plausible explanation.[/color]

Ambition enigma is probably on a purple bordered card or something. The faq says those exist, but I am pretty sure I have never seen one.

There was a purple-bordered card at some point, um, last year? I don’t recall when, possibly the Feast of the Rose? It was the card for the character &quotLilac&quot I believe, and it was something to do with masquing? (but it was a long time ago, and the flicker of memory is faint, so correct me if I’m wrong) That’s the only one I’ve seen.
edited by Inky Petrel on 1/4/2014

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]Morning![/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Two people would be able to elect Passion as a choice were they at a Glimpse of the Future right now. It’s entirely possible that neither of them were aware of it. If either of them have posted on this thread, it’s not obvious from their public usernames.[/color][li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]On the other topic, it is possible for any player to gain Ambition: Enigma, although it won’t do them much good yet. Saharan’s suggestion on the other thread that it used to be a joke, but is no longer, is one possible plausible explanation.[/color][/quote]
…One of them isn’t me, is it? I can’t think of many things that have such stringent qualifications that only two people can see it.
[/li]

Perhaps you need 7 Overgoats and Heptagoat? Nope, I have no clue.

Kinda makes me wish I could check my destinies without spending FATE.

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]
[color=#009900]On the other topic, it is possible for any player to gain Ambition: Enigma, although it won’t do them much good yet. Saharan’s suggestion on the other thread that it used to be a joke, but is no longer, is one possible plausible explanation.[/color][/quote]

Well, since you flat-out said that it was a joke in September . . . if that’s not the explanation, then, shall we say, some credibility issues will arise.

This may be relevant to the Passion discussion: A while back, I was discussing the destinies on IRC and realized something interesting. Take a look at this. The visions for A Possible Future correspond to the quality’s levels 1-6…but level 2 is notably blank. It seems to skip straight from The Taste of Blackest Brine at 1 to A Darkness in the Air at level 3.

What if Passion isn’t a hidden branch on an existing vision? What if you need to go to a completely separate vision entirely? (Though Alexis’ hint that people can get it from A Glimpse of the Future and not The Gate of Tears might disprove this.)

Perhaps there was an additional Hallowmas visitor who was a hidden branch. Perhaps that visitor is Silas the Showman. I don’t know I’m just guessing at random now. But I think it’s the only lead we’ve got.

An intriguing and plausible suggestion! Though I’m sure more than two players have met Silas now - in fact, I’m struggling to think of any combination of traits and items so abstruse that only two players have it.

I don’t suppose the phrase “Panoptical Mirror-Map” means anything to anyone, does it?

[quote=Alexis Kennedy] [color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]On the other topic, it is possible for any player to gain Ambition: Enigma, although it won’t do them much good yet. Saharan’s suggestion on the other thread that it used to be a joke, but is no longer, is one possible plausible explanation.[/color][li]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)][/quote][/color]

&quotAny person can gain the Ambition&quot meaning, without drinking Lethean Tea? Is it available right now this very instant with some bizarre stat requirements or lottery-rare card draw? Is Enigma going to be something that overlaps others Ambitions instead of replacing them?[/li][li]
edited by Shadowhand on 1/4/2014[/li][li]
edited by Shadowhand on 1/4/2014[/li][li]
edited by Shadowhand on 1/4/2014

Ugh.

So I did the option with the Tears of the Bazaar the other day that seemed very odd and perhaps connected with Passion. So when I read this thread, I thought - oh I might try to do the destiny again to see if I’m one of those people.

Then, I just got Alight with Passion and it seemed too fortuitous! I decided to pay the fate and use my last bucket of Lacre to see if it was me. There wasn’t anything new at A Glimpse of the Future, but I couldn’t go back- so I thought to explore one of the current options. But forgot that once you go down a choice, you can’t go back. I ended up losing the destiny I preferred because I got stuck experimenting. :(
Please say that there will be a way to go back in and change destinies again, after losing my favorite one to Science! [li]
edited by OScarletO on 1/4/2014

In terms of interpretation, it sounds like something inspired by Betham’s Panopticon coupled with Parabolan mirror-magic - perhaps some sort of chamber lined with mirrors, each coupled with a mirror elsewhere in the world, allowing the controller to keep watch on half the world at once?

In terms of whether I’ve heard the phrase before - no, I don’t believe I have. Where did you come across it?

Guys , could i get a link to the the irc chat ? Id like to join