Fully Capped

It refers to the constellation Ursa Major, which sounds suitably…dangerous

There’s also &quotaquilo&quot for the North Wind, but no eagles are foolhardy enough to wander the Neath as far as I’m aware.

[quote=Alexander Feld]…One of them isn’t me, is it? I can’t think of many things that have such stringent qualifications that only two people can see it.
[/quote]

I don’t think it would be Winking Isle, because Passion itself predates that, and Alexis said it was obtainable back at Hallowmas, too.
[li]

Now that IS evil. Who ISN’T tempted right now to spend fate fate on a mad gamble that they might be one of the two?

Heptagoat is already 7 goats, right?

Well I’m one of only two people with Hedonism at 100+.
I’m also one of only two people whose Newspaper Accomplishments are maxed out.
Perhaps I should give this a try…

Heptagoat is already 7 goats, right?[/quote]
And also a quality.[li]

My current theory is the Passion destiny is related to the new continuation of the Secrets Framed in Gold storyline, as related in ShadowHand’s post:
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic6117-repentant-forger-and-the-weird-painting-spoilers.aspx#post53016

This might not be the only requirement, but it could very well be one. It’s a recent continuation to one of many possible endings to a fate-locked storylet, and it’s a continuation that only appears on a fairly recent rare card that can only be drawn in the Bazaar Side-Streets. These were all things that were available prior to Hallowmas. Also, it seems to be related to the deepest matters of the Bazaar.

Another clue was Gold, Black, and Purple - the first two colors could definitely refer to the painting story, but perhaps the Purple means it requires a Blemmigan Secretary as well?

Remember, really what the key clue is here is that ONLY TWO PEOPLE out of thousands upon thousands of players have access to the Passion destiny - that means it must require something really stupendously rare, or more likely a confluence of rarities. We seem to be getting down to the wire here, as Alexis hinted that the Lacre will be drying up and the Destinies will be closing, so I’m putting all my cards on the table.
edited by Dolan on 1/5/2014

Oh right, I’ve been curious about that rare bazaar side streets card option, but I picked a choice long ago that’s locked me out of it forever. That’s a very interesting theory dolan, and quite plausible. Too bad I’ll never be able to try it :V

[quote=Dolan]My current theory is the Passion destiny is related to the new continuation of the Secrets Framed in Gold storyline, as related in ShadowHand’s post:
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic6117-repentant-forger-and-the-weird-painting-spoilers.aspx#post53016

This might not be the only requirement, but it could very well be one. It’s a recent continuation to one of many possible endings to a fate-locked storylet, and it’s a continuation that only appears on a fairly recent rare card that can only be drawn in the Bazaar Side-Streets. These were all things that were available prior to Hallowmas. Also, it seems to be related to the deepest matters of the Bazaar.

Another clue was Gold, Black, and Purple - the first two colors could definitely refer to the painting story, but perhaps the Purple means it requires a Blemmigan Secretary as well?

Remember, really what the key clue is here is that ONLY TWO PEOPLE out of thousands upon thousands of players have access to the Passion destiny - that means it must require something really stupendously rare, or more likely a confluence of rarities. We seem to be getting down to the wire here, as Alexis hinted that the Lacre will be drying up and the Destinies will be closing, so I’m putting all my cards on the table.
edited by Dolan on 1/5/2014[/quote]

Well, I VERY recently got a Blemmigan and I didn’t lock out of that storylet. I haven’t been able to pull the rare card, though.

So what is your Uncovering Secrets Framed in Gold quality (found under the Intrigue category)? You apparently need 54 to use the option on the Bazaar Side-Streets card, which means going all the way. I followed the Forger’s advice and so I am stuck at 53, like NiteBrite is (I hope I’m being vague enough so as not to spoil Fate-locked content).

If you already have the Blemmigan and Secrets Framed in Gold at 54, get to the Side-streets and start flippin’! I of course can’t guarantee that I’m right, but I have a strong suspicion.

No fate locked options unlock passion guys , as said by alexis

Where did he say that?

Update: I think it’s possible the “purple” part of Black, Gold, and Purple refers simply to the rare card border color - the Skin of the Bazaar is a rare card, so maybe you just have to draw that and get to SFIG 60?

checks SFIG quality Blast. 53. And I don’t even remember the story, it was ages ago.

The two posts I have bookmarked by Alexis about Passion say nothing one way or the other about Fate.

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic5436-seasonal-event-all-hallows-eve-halloween.aspx?Page=20#post43070

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic5436-seasonal-event-all-hallows-eve-halloween.aspx?Page=19#post43049

To clarify, the rare card I drew (I can give the name, but I’m worried about Alexis’ spoiler hammer coming down upon me) did not have a purple border whenever I drew it a few days ago. The idea is quite plausible aside from the unfairness that not everyone finished the story the same way (i.e. Inky Petrel), and there’s no way to backtrack. Also, I can’t really pinpoint how the storyline relates to Passion, but who knows.

If I were to go about spending fate to test this theory, where do you all think I should start?[li]

Also of interest: When I played it, the wikia had not recorded the storylet that required 54 USFiG, so it’s definitely new, even if a few months old.
edited by Shadowhand on 1/5/2014

edited by Flyte on 1/5/2014

[quote=Shadowhand]

If I were to go about spending fate to test this theory, where do you all think I should start
/quote]

Acquire a bucket of lacre (possibly from urchins in the Flit) spend fate to change your destiny
edited by Anstruther Barron on 1/5/2014

I have 6 buckets I’m saving just in case of heaven-knows-what shows up at the Wicket. I meant, can anyone think of anything else they think I should try acquiring before doing this. Alexis did say it was a combination of things, not just one stat, and I’m not sure what the rest would be. Anyone still think Blemmigan?

I do not see how the Blemmigan relates to the &quotthematic heart of the entire Fallen London mythos&quot.