Fruits of the Zee!

Just for confirmation: We have seen two new items this year, right?

Three by my count.

I interpreted it to mean she was a resident there, but I might be off-base!

[quote=Diptych]

I interpreted it to mean she was a resident there, but I might be off-base![/quote]

The Mask’s description says it had belonged to the Orphanage’s orderly, so I just assumed that she had been the orderly, not the resident.

[/font][/color]
edited by Desirée on 8/21/2019

The text reads

I have heard that Mrs Plenty is familiar with the place and took a mask away with her. She didn’t keep it long.

This statement doesn’t imply how Mrs. Plenty knows the place. Could be an orderly. Could be a… should we call them patients? Could be familiar in a similar way in which certain PCs are familiar. The only (very circumstantial) evidence I know is that the place isn’t known for discharging its patients. (That said, there’s at least one well-known exit.)
edited by Siankan on 8/22/2019

Three by my count.[/quote]
Ah, yes. I wasn’t (oddly) thinking about the mask.

However, I had the good fortune with Catch 8 – so random indeed!

[quote=phryne]previous years’ equipment, still available for Fate:

20 Fate: Pre-Emptive Guinea-Pig (Weapon, D+7 W+6)
15 Fate: 'For Your Own Good' Compass (Weapon, W+6 S+4 D-1)
15 Fate: Bloodstained Eolith (Weapon, W+5 D+4 P-1)
10 Fate: Consignment of Scintillack Snuff (Weapon, D+5 P+3 S-1)
10 Fate: Mutersalt (Weapon, D+3 S+2 W-1)[/quote]Are any of this items ever used anywhere?

You know, as intriguing as Virginia’s machinations are this year, every time I run into the Hooded Lady I feel the missed opportunity of seeing how Mayor Plenty would have interacted with this festival.

Yes. Virginia’s options are entertaining (nothing like a ‘Fools’s Day’ to rile up a queen) but this is Plenty’s festival.
So, to get the Mary Loyd’s, you need catch 11 and above. Good to know! Now to find at what value the rector resides…
edited by Jolanda Swan on 8/22/2019

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Yes. Virginia’s options are entertaining (nothing like a ‘Fools’s Day’ to rile up a queen) but this is Plenty’s festival.
So, to get the Mary Loyd’s, you need catch 11 and above. Good to know! Now to find at what value the rector resides…
edited by Jolanda Swan on 8/22/2019[/quote]

The Rector’s at Picking… 26+. And you don’t need SC 11 for the Mary-Lloyd. You can get it with SC 7 upwards (but it’s never guaranteed).

All this information can be found on the wiki, and here. I’ll copy it once more:

[ul][li]Picking… 26+: A Submerged Rector (Companion, P+7 W+6)[/li][li]Picking… 26-28: A Semi-Automated Mary Lloyd (Transport, D+4, Biz+3)[/li][li]Picking… 22+: An Anonymous White Mask, Zee-Stained and Mildewy (Hat, S+6 Dre+2)[/li][li]Picking… 22-24: A Cured Jillyfleur Cloak (Clothing, D+6 W+4 P-1)[/li][li]Picking… 18-20: A Nuncian Pocket Watch (Weapon, S+6, Res+2)[/li][li]Picking… 18-20: Wrecking Boots (Boots, S+6 D+4 P-1)[/li][li]Picking… 14-16: A Faceted Decanter of Drownie Effluvia (Weapon, S+5 W+3 D-1)[/li][li]Picking… 10-12: Scrimshander Carving Knife (Weapon, W+3 P+2 D-1)[/li][/ul]Strange Catch 1 - Picking… 4
Strange Catch 2 - Picking… 6-8
Strange Catch 3 - Picking… 8-12
Strange Catch 4 - Picking… 10-16
Strange Catch 5 - Picking… 12-20
Strange Catch 6 - Picking… 14-24
Strange Catch 7 - Picking… 16-28
Strange Catch 8 - Picking… 18-32
Strange Catch 9 - Picking… 20-36
Strange Catch 10 - Picking… 22-40
Strange Catch 11 - Picking… 24-44
etc.
edited by phryne on 8/22/2019

These tiny ranges are driving me mad. I’ve already picked up a couple of Clay Men and half a dozen Uncanny Incunabula. I just managed to get the Pocket Watch but still no sign of the Mary Lloyd.
This isn’t made any less frustrating by the fact that every other SC I get I have to trade in for menace reductions, because the Hooded Lady seems to hate me this year (I bloody voted for you when almost nobody else would, miss, the least you can do is take my maybe-fish off my hands).

I know, I know, RNG is gonna be RNG, but it’s not a proper seasonal event without somebody complaining about it and I’m more than happy to take up that mantle right now.

I agree about the frustration. Anyway I also appreciate they found a way to add new items without Fate locking the old ones.

[quote=Desirée][quote=Diptych]

I interpreted it to mean she was a resident there, but I might be off-base![/quote]

The Mask’s description says it had belonged to the Orphanage’s orderly, so I just assumed that she had been the orderly, not the resident.

[/font][/color]
edited by Desirée on 8/21/2019[/quote]

She might have stolen the mask and used it to escape the Orphanage.

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=Desirée][quote=Diptych]

[/font][/color]
edited by Desirée on 8/21/2019[/quote]

She might have stolen the mask and used it to escape the Orphanage.[/quote]

She also might have stolen the mask and used it to infiltrate the Orphanage. I dunno, I kind of assumed she was doing business transactions with the Orphanage somehow (whether buying or selling), but that doesn’t exactly explain how she would come into possession of a mask.

I got it with only 9, and the Rector with 10.

I got the Mary Lloyd by aiming for strange catch 8. 7 lowballed it and 9 overshot for me.

Incidentally, it’s a very nice item and all, but I’m rather put out over having just bought a traitor’s carriage during the election. My tanned mask was also rendered obsolete, but at least I’ll be able to trade that in during Hallowmas – the carriage is totally useless now. See if I buy any more fate…

One of the reasons I had voted for Miriam.

J-

It took Caroline a lot of tries to get the Mari Lwyd. She wound up getting it with 10. And yeah, the Clay men just kept coming up.

I have gotten 5 Clay Men. I did get the mask and the watch easily, but after that the Cove was like a Polythreme resort for me - nothing but Clay Men!