Fruits of the Zee!

Virginia is adorable!
[li]

I do have to say I’m disappointed by the lack of options to splash her during the boat trip (quite accidentally, of course). Petty, I know, but would have been satisfying nevertheless.

No one even honours the (relatively) ancient tradition of the Empty Chair this year. All the efforts and achievements of the previous Mayor were in vain… because the ungrateful public doesn’t bother to appreciate them! Or is it the vile Masters who would suppress them? Hold on, one more beer and a rubbery lump and I’ll decide whom to blame.

I certainly love the new content this year!

I do miss the Empty Chair, but this year’s content is even more entertaining. Though I really wonder what Virginia is up to…

[quote=MrCandles]Virginia is adorable!
[li][/quote][/li][li]
[/li]I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. But she is immensely entertaining–and in my opinion, that’s far better than being adorable.

My first festival too, and very much enjoying it!

I wish. I tried it just now with Catch 9 and no dice. See other messages for the way the RNG governs what you can get through the Cove.

This should be the complete conversion table:

Strange Catch 1 - Picking… 4
Strange Catch 2 - Picking… 6-8
Strange Catch 3 - Picking… 8-12
Strange Catch 4 - Picking… 10-16
Strange Catch 5 - Picking… 12-20
Strange Catch 6 - Picking… 14-24
Strange Catch 7 - Picking… 16-28
Strange Catch 8 - Picking… 18-32
Strange Catch 9 - Picking… 20-36
Strange Catch 10 - Picking… 22-40
Strange Catch 11 - Picking… 24-44
etc.

Which brings up the question, what’s the highest value Strange Catch anyone got? Just to check there’s nothing hidden at Picking 50 or above… :P

edited by phryne on 8/21/2019

There is a new Dangerous Transportation that I believe is also the new BiS non-Fate Transportation for BDR and Dangerous (see my profile :) )

Hey, if you wanted to you could headcanon the one time she does get splashed as a secretly deliberate maneuvure on your part.

Hey, if you wanted to you could headcanon the one time she does get splashed as a secretly deliberate maneuvure on your part.[/quote]

And now I wish you could have quite accidently overturned the boat while getting out of it/in it. Especially considering the hilarious line about Virginia looking like a cat near a bath.
Though attempting such an act would likely make Seeking seem like an innocent pastime for little kids by comparison.

I also miss the Empty Chair tradition (which could easily have been improved upon by attaching wheels to the chair for this year’s event). Virginia may be entertaining, but she definitely isn’t one for humour. In fact she’s quite likely the most serious Mayor we had so far.

Which will definitely make it that much more interesting to intrigue against her scheme if that becomes possible, which I heartily hope it will.

What level of strange catch do you need to get the Nuncian Pocket Watch? Or is it a fate only item?

The Nuncian Pocket Watch appears to be available if Picking… is 22 or higher, which means per the conversion table phryne posted, 6 would be the minimum Strange Catch to achieve it, and 10 is the level that makes it 100%. The sweet spot if you’re strapped for actions or cartography items is probably Strange Catch of 7, which gives you what looks like a straight 50% chance of getting the appropriate Picking… level, and is relatively unproblematic to achieve in one or two tries if you have a couple high-ish quirks.

For the Watch, you need Picking… 18-20, which can be achieved with Strange Catch values from 5 to 9. (See here) :)

D’s advice above would be correct for the mask that Virginia is looking for. It is unlocked with Picking… 22+

Bah, I forgot that some of the items have a max strange catch value. Thanks guys.

Question: I have only once had the option to give my Strange Catch to Mrs. Plenty, and thus have not had the option to return to the Cove. Am I missing something? Did I lock myself out of everything by picking the mask first? I’m not ruling out the possibility that I’m an idiot.

No, you’re just unlucky. The Hooded Lady is capricious and you need to cycle Sights at the Festival until she deigns to make an appearance for you ;)

I had a similar streak yesterday when I thought Mrs Plenty was now ignoring me because of my business with Virginia. But it’s all just plain ol’ RNG magicks…

For the Watch, you need Picking… 18-20, which can be achieved with Strange Catch values from 5 to 9. (See here) :)

D’s advice above would be correct for the mask that Virginia is looking for. It is unlocked with Picking… 22+
edited by phryne on 8/21/2019[/quote]

Oh, thanks for the correction; I misread which line corresponded to the watch.

Thank you (and Dov, who confirmed, that it, indeed, is that place. So, not only is Mrs. Plenty a former Seeker, she also has a history with working at the Orphanage? I have to admit that after a quick google search, I would say that calling it &quota pretty horrifying place&quot is a great understatement. She went from being mildly awe inspiring to deeply terrifying in a second.