Fruits of the Zee!

[color=#0066ff]Look out your rod and reel: the Fruits of the Zee Festival is upon us! The festival begins today, 19th August, and will end on the 30th.

As summer winds down, enjoy calming fishing trips and indulge in a cornucopian repast of delights plucked fresh from the bounteous Zee.

[/color][ul][li][color=#0066ff]Hire a fishing boat, land a Strange Catch and trade it at the festival for special rewards![/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Enjoy the maypole dancing, Drownie serenades, beer &c![/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Secure an invitation to a secret feast and catch a glimpse of your Destiny. Will it be a vision of victory or a dream of darkness?[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]You may even chance upon Virginia, London’s new Lord Mayor…[/color][/li][/ul][color=#0066ff]Catch a ferry from Wolfstack Docks to Mutton Island to join the festivities!

The Fruits of the Zee Festival is a free event open to all players, no matter your level. You don’t need to own a boat, and if you don’t know the way to Wolfstack Docks, there’s a helpful urchin at your lodgings who will be happy to ferry you for a reasonable price.

[/color]

This Fest add new rewards?

Well, hello Nuncio Pocket Watch. Good fishing this year, everyone!

I would have burned all my actions just before reading this…

And just yesterday I was thinking that FBG will announce it 1-2 weeks before. And of course I didn’t see those messages in Discord! :D
edited by Skinnyman on 8/19/2019

It’s Christmas in July, and Damp-Santa has delivered to me my Heart’s Desire: a Bicycle made out of a Horse Skeleton. (I had Catch 9, although maybe 8-9 would do?)

I gave away the mask because I already have a 2 BDR item for that slot. I was hoping for something nice considering you’re giving up a best in slot item. Don’t do that unless you want to be deeply disappointed.
edited by Monara on 8/19/2019

I kept the mask and the result seems to be almost the same:

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/rahv7/16677319

However, if you give away the mask, you can find one indistinguishable from the first one at the Wreckers’ Cove again.
edited by rahv7 on 8/19/2019

I have two catch (first - 9 running and 30 cove, second - 7 running and 24 cove), but not achieve mask. It have upper limit?

From what I’ve seen there’s no upper limit. However, you need to have started Virginia’s story to know she’s actually looking for the mask. Otherwise you can’t find it.

I had somehow assumed this was a one time unique reward, but I’m happy to say I did indeed get another one now.

Edit: no idea why my post is showing up in bold on mobile
edited by Monara on 8/19/2019

What is the Orphanage Virginia keeps mentioning? I suppose it’s not the one players can turn their Townhouse into.

I haven’t obtained the content yet, so the text might eventually contradict this theory, but one possibility is…

The Orphanage from the Light Fingers ambition. I don’t see the connection to Mrs Plenty, but I can see how a) it would would be useful in connection to research in souls b) it is spoken of in the past tense c) there is a connection to masks.

I am welcome to be confirmed or denied. I hope denied. I’m fine having less to do with that place altogether.

What is the outcome if you intervene and stop Mary Lloyd from bothering Virginia?

The Orphanage is explored during the Light Fingers Ambition. It’s a… pretty horrifying place.

I have question. I’ve talked with Virginia but did not managed to acquire mask. If I go back to London and come back to Mutton Island, will it reset story and I need to find her and talk again or just continue?

An interesting meta-note is that Virginia seems sure that she’d have won against Jenny, but if the electorate’s tastes these past four years are anything to go by I’m pretty sure that’s not the case.

I am getting the impression she is seeing Jenny as a threat. And this is why she is so obsessed over her mayoralty being a fluke, while hers will be… something else.
The game gives you the option to disagree, which is great IMHO.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 8/20/2019

[quote=Jolanda Swan]I am getting the impression she is seeing Jenny as a threat. And this is why she is so obsessed over her mayoralty being a fluke, while her will be… something else.[/quote]I don’t think it’s anything to do with Jenny in particular, but she’s worried already her Mayorship will just be another failure in a line of failures - which is likely. I totally agree with this part:

[quote=Criticise the old mayor’s work]London is a beast bigger than any mayor, longer-lived than any term of office […] No, nothing a mayor does will come to anything. Whatever Virginia attempts, it will neither harm – nor heal – London to any excess.[/quote]Which is why it will never really matter who the Mayor is and what they do. :D
edited by phryne on 8/20/2019

The Festival has been real cool so far, it’s my first one of course. And I ended up impulse picking the fate option during the Batty Road Trip because it just felt very right.