Fruits of the Zee Festival

The Jillyfleur cloak is dangerous +6 watchful +4 persuasive -1.

Also, what are the items from previous years?
edited by Harlocke on 8/15/2016

[quote=dov][quote=]

• A cured jillyfleur cloak. Catch level 6. Stats not mentioned.

Cloak stats == +6 D, +4 W, -1 P

Wimple stats = +2 Persuasive, +1 Watchful

Also it seems strange catch 7 is the maximum for unique items, I had strange catch 10 and the choice was still only Submerged Rector and Wimple (along with clay man and thrumming chest).
edited by ggscv on 8/15/2016

I am wondering, did anyone noticed difference in gained CP when passing quirk checks and using Zee Stories/Partial Maps? Is it better to use exclusively one of those ways?

What’s the catch level for this? 3?

According to the wiki,
Quirks and map scrap = +2 cp
Zee Story = +5 cp
Partial Map = +10 cp

According to the wiki,
Zee Story = +5 cp
Partial Map = +10 cp[/quote]
Ah, all right, then. I never remember to check the wiki

Wow! This is my first Fruits of the Zee festival and the Destiny storyline is going up there in all time favorite storylets, from a sheer writing/storytelling perspective.

I’m still a bit unclear how to get the item-gifts from Strange Catches, though. Am I just not seeing that option? I gave one to the Rector and got map scraps and assorted non-unique things, and then on my second trip I got to the Destiny storyline.

@Sarah: Keep playing the Feast storylets until you see “Offer a Hooded Lady your Strange Catch”. It’s the rarest option so it might take a while to appear ;)

OK, to sum up:

New items:

• Catch 7: Sinning Jenny’s Forsaken Wimple[/li][li]Catch 7: A Submerged Rector (Companion, Persuasive +7, Watchful +6)[/li][li]Catch 6: A Cured Jillyfleur Cloak (Clothing, Dangerous +6, Watchful +4, Persuasive -1)[/li][li]Catch 5: Wrecking Boots (Boots, Persuasive +6, Dangerous +4, Shadowy -1)[/li][li]Catch 4: A Faceted Decanter of Drownie Effluvia (Weapon, Shadowy +5, Watchful +3, Dangerous -1)[/li][li]Catch 3 (assumed): Scrimshander Carving Knife (Weapon, Watchful +3, Persuasive +2, Dangerous -1)

Old items (for comparison, or if you’re considering spending Fate):

• Catch 7: Pre-Emptive Guinea-Pig (Weapon, Dangerous +7, Watchful +6)[/li][li]Catch 6: ‘For Your Own Good’ Compass (Weapon, Watchful +6, Shadowy +4, Dangerous -1)[/li][li]Catch 5: Bloodstained Eolith (Weapon, Watchful +5, Dangerous +4, Persuasive -1)[/li][li]Catch 4: Consignment of Scintillack Snuff (Weapon, Dangerous +5, Persuasive +3, Shadowy -1)[/li][li]Catch 3: Mutersalt (Weapon, Dangerous +3, Shadowy +2, Watchful -1)

The hooded lady appears in &quotThe fruits of the zee festival!&quot storylet, right? I spent around 8 actions here with my catch and I still didn’t get her.

edit:the answer was right above my head(almost), sorry!
edited by The Master on 8/15/2016

Keep trying. She’s there, it’s just a bit unlikely and the RNG hates everyone.
edited by Barselaar on 8/15/2016

Yes, she does. And she only appears ca. 10% of the time, so 8 actions isn’t much. It all depends on how much the RNG hates/loves you… ;)

How much does A Submerged Rector increase your stats?

In the Companion slot, it’s Persuasive +7, Watchful +6.

Interesting. Thanks for the answer!

Is spending items more effective than succeeding at Quirk challenges when fishing?[li]
edited by Saklad5 on 8/15/2016

According to the wiki,
Zee Story = +5 cp
Partial Map = +10 cp[/quote]

Huh. Do you need to use Zee Stories/Partial Maps to get the best rewards then, or can you do it on quirks alone?

Also, does getting a Destiny have anything to do with turning in a Strange Catch?

If you want to use quirks alone you may have to throw the catch back to retain some Running Battle for the next run a few times.

[quote=Jeremy Saklad]Is spending items more effective than succeeding at Quirk challenges when fishing?[/quote]Very much so!