Fruits of the Zee Festival

[color=#cc0099]

It’s that time of year again - You are invited to the Fruits of the Zee Festival! The festival begins today 15th August and will end 30th August. Enjoy calming fishing trips, and indulge in a cornucopian repast of delights plucked fresh from the bounteous Zee.

Hire a fishing boat, land a Strange Catch and trade it at the festival for special rewards! Things you may also experience include: the famous wishing well, maypole dancing, Drownie serenades, and beer.

Secure an invitation to a secret feast and catch a glimpse of your Destiny. Will it be a vision of victory or a dream of darkness?

You may even spot our newly elected Mayor.

Catch a ferry from Wolfstack Docks to Mutton Island to join the festivities!

The Fruits of the Zee Festival is open to all players, no matter your level. You don’t need a boat, and if you don’t know the way to Wolfstack Docks, there’s a helpful urchin at your lodgings who will be happy to ferry you for a reasonable price.[/color]

Currently trying to find Sinning Jenny’s Wimple. I was hoping to “fish” it out of the zee but it doesn’t seem to be there, or at the lighthouse.

Help! I can’t decide on my Destiny! XD. I might spend an eternity here, among the Drownies, eating flesh of unknown beast

Unless I missed something before, there’s new items! &quotA cured jillyfleur cloak&quot
Also, unless I can’t find it, there’s no way for a late game seeker to get the torment destiny without fate. Which is disappointing, as it was unobtainable for years.
edited by suinicide on 8/15/2016

sent PM to BlabberingMat

Everyone similarly confused/undecided about Destinies, have a look over here! :)
edited by phryne on 8/15/2016

…well, I made my decision. For better or worse.
…I am kinda scared.

Oh, thank you for that PM! I actually have yet to choose! I thought that what was the first choice was actually the final. Now I can relax a bit :D

New item: Wrecking Boots. Requires 5 catch. Gives +6 Persuasive, +4 dangerous, -1 Shadowy.

Only one minor catch - I can’t seem to equip them. I’ll send a bug report.

I was half-awake: is there a way to get Rostygold on the island that I’m not seeing, or do I need to go back to London and stock up?

Looks like the cloak can’t be equipped too.

Oh, and can I say that I love the new mechanic for optionally spending quirks at the end of the fishing? Much, much better than the first year. Thank you.

I have recently (a day ago) created a new character after my old one decided to venture North. I have no items, no stats and no quirks. Is it still possible for me to get special items out of the Festival? I would love to participate but struggle to evaluate how feasible that is.

Another new item. A Faceted Decanter of Drownie Effluvia. Weapon, +5 Shadowy, +3 Watchful, -1 Dangerous. Also cannot be equipped, for some reason.

The wimple is in the cove. Requires a value of exactly 7.
edited by RandomWalker on 8/15/2016

You need 10 rostygold to participate. An it’ll be harder without quirks, but at the end there is a quirk increasing choice. I’d say you could get a couple items

You need 10 rostygold to participate. An it’ll be harder without quirks, but at the end there is a quirk increasing choice. I’d say you could get a couple items[/quote]

Bear in mind that if you fail the quirk challenges, your quirks will increase. Also bear in mind that the festival can be very rewarding. I’d say head out there. You can turn in catches to the Curate and that other guy for the items you need for fishing, so you should be able to get everything from the festival, with a little patience.

Thank you! I will give it a try.

Could I kindly ask the lovely FBG to have Sights at the Festival work like the Airs qualities - in the Randomizer category and with visible range requirements on the branches?
edited by genesis on 8/15/2016

I didn’t see any way to earn Rostygolds, unfortunately. Maybe I missed it, too.

[quote=RandomWalker]The wimple is in the cove. Requires a value of exactly 7.
edited by RandomWalker on 8/15/2016[/quote]
7 of what? Strange Catch? Or Running Battle?