Fruits of the Zee Festival

The end-of-fishing quirk options don’t raise quirks above 10, or at least the Austere choice didn’t.

Aww, where’s the fun in letting someone else steer a ship to Mutton Island. The action costs seems well worth it to me, just to get to Zee.

(I, of course, may be biased)

Are Forceful and Austere the only choices you have for the end of fishing? I haven’t seen anything else…

There are definitely other pairs. They might trigger randomly on airs at the finish, or they might rely on the level of your running battle, I’m not sure.

Sooo… this Destiny thing you talk about. I’ve checked with FL wikia and still don’t understand if having one add some opportunity cards or opens any new ways in farming? Stat bonus is good enough for me in any case.

I think they depend on Airs. I also saw Steadfast/Ruthless, or perhaps it was Steadfast/Heartless.

This is my first festival, so please excuse the noobish question, but…

How do you cash in your catch for an item?

There will be an option if your Airs are right to trade it in with a Hooded Lady. Just play options in the Festival storylet until that one appears - it may take some time.
edited by Barselaar on 8/15/2016

Is there a list of all the special items you can acquire?

I went through once and got the Jillyfleur cloak, and noticed that you can pay fate for previous years’ items. Didn’t actually click on that button though. Do they have all new items each year of the festival?

It also makes me wonder if mayoral election companions from previous years will be purchasable with fate.

Seekers beware! My alt just tried to gain Torment, but the abyssal future requires being the captain of a ship. Don’t try to choose a destiny if you aren’t, or you’ll be forced to choose a different one! You also need St Cerise’s Candle to choose Torment.

[quote=Harlocke]Is there a list of all the special items you can acquire?

I went through once and got the Jillyfleur cloak, and noticed that you can pay fate for previous years’ items. Didn’t actually click on that button though. Do they have all new items each year of the festival?

It also makes me wonder if mayoral election companions from previous years will be purchasable with fate.[/quote]

The festival has only occurred twice before and had the same items both times.[li]
edited by Optimatum on 8/15/2016

Do any seekers changing their destiny have obscurity? I do, and am unable to change my destiny to torment.
Edit: there is an invisible obscurity lock on destinies. Likely tattoos too.
edited by suinicide on 8/16/2016

We should start making a chart of items and strange catch quality. Got boots at 6, will update on what I got at 8

I started the festival already on mutton island by coincidence. Is there any benefit to traveling back to London during the festival? Will I miss out on something by not taking the ferry?

@- they have replaced all of the items with new ones.
@ignatustone the festival is on the island, not in london. So its just the same stuff happening there. Don’t miss anything, but the ferry is better than your boat.

Anyone discover how to acquire the wimple?

A value of Wrecker’s Cove 7 or higher, I think. Get your Running Battle up pretty high, it’s not a direct 1:1!

Is there any way to get moon-pearls on the island? I’d hate to have to come all the way back just so I can investigate the lighthouse.

This is interesting. The St Cerise’s candle requirement might mean that getting Torment can indeed be another path to getting St Destin!

It does indeed bestow Destin.

There are a couple of options relating to our Mayor Sinning Jenny.

All the old prizes were apparently removed (you can sill get them with Fate) and replaced with new items.

With a catch level of 7 or more (confirmed with level 8) there are two new items to find:

• A Submerged Rector (Companion, Persuasive +7, Watchful +6)[/li][li]Sinning Jenny’s Forsaken Wimple. I expect this to have some follow up in London, since to get it you need to have no ‘An Encounter with the Mayor Of London’

Others have reported on this thread and on the wiki about other new items:

• A cured jillyfleur cloak. Catch level 6. Stats not mentioned.[/li][li]Wrecking Boots. Requires catch level 5. Boots, Persuasive +6, Dangerous +4, Shadowy -1[/li][li]A Faceted Decanter of Drownie Effluvia. Catch level 4. Weapon, Shadowy +5, Watchful +3, Dangerous -1