Fruits of the Zee Festival

So, uhh… I got the boots, at first they did have a description but no stats, now they have “persuasive +6 dangerous +4 shadowy -1” which doesn’t fit the description on their option in the cave: “Equipped in your Boots slot, the Wrecking Boots increases your Shadowy and Dangerous.”

according to my experience. it seems the options given will increase an associated menace. the option that has something to do with watchful increases nightmare and dangeruos option increases wounds. is there any way to avoid this ?. or maybe its set up like this. also, the text says high stat grants better rewards and i think there isnt any difference (or perhaps im not experienced enough to know about high or low rewards).

offtopic: there is a lot of versions of &quotNew Newgate&quot music. listened a new one when looking for destiny.

Very nice! I was lucky enough last time to get all the old prizes, I will try and see if I can get the new ones. By the way, is there any option in the festival to increase quirks above 10?

[quote=BlabberingMat][quote=RandomWalker]The wimple is in the cove. Requires a value of exactly 7.
edited by RandomWalker on 8/15/2016[/quote]
7 of what? Strange Catch? Or Running Battle?[/quote]

Sorry, I can’t remember exactly what the quality is called. I think it’s ‘Picking the cove’ or something like that. Basically Running Battle gets reduced by a random amount to become your catch, and that then gets reduced by a random amount to become ‘picking’ or whatever it’s called. If running battle is seven or more, you stand a chance of getting the wimple, but even a running battle of 10 isn’t enough to guarantee it.

[quote=Snado]according to my experience. it seems the options given will increase an associated menace. the option that has something to do with watchful increases nightmare and dangeruos option increases wounds. is there any way to avoid this ?. or maybe its set up like this. also, the text says high stat grants better rewards and i think there isnt any difference (or perhaps im not experienced enough to know about high or low rewards).

offtopic: there is a lot of versions of &quotNew Newgate&quot music. listened a new one when looking for destiny.[/quote]

The menaces are pretty much unavoidable, but you can give your catch to the Chef or the Rector for a reduction (wipe? I don’t recall) of one menace - the Chef does Wounds, and the Rector does Nightmares, as you would expect. You can also do the non-festival Mutton island cycle and pick the Great Feast option at the end of te cycle for a slight reduction (3 cp) of both.

It seems like a wipe, having just gone from Nightmares 6 to 0.

Happy for my first Fruits Festival. Finally can get a destiny. Though I’m still figuring a few mechanics out, seems fun.

I kinda wanna my Time, the Healer to hit before I depart for the festival, so here I am… anxiously refreshing my messages. :|

Okay, wimple needs 7+ ‘Picking Through the Wrecker’s Cove’ - an 8 gets it for you too.

I am confused now…what is this cave you people talk about? The only options I have when I go to Festival are those that increase Menaces while giving some stuff and the option to throw Strange Catch down the well.Where I can cash in Catch for the equipment?

You give a hooded lady the catch, but that storylet’s appearance is dependent on the rng.

Well, then…awesome. goes off to find something to sacrifice to RNG

It’s like Suincide said; I don’t remember the RNG being so bad last year, though . . .

I’d recommend saving your catch, until you see her, as you will eventually see her. I made the mistake of giving it up to the well, thinking I was off in the catch number or something, only to realise the ‘cashing it in’ option is RNG based, and - if you cycle through the options enough, where you don’t give up your catch, that is - she’ll eventually pop up for you to get a unique item.

On another note, finally tweaked my destiny!

My character is immensely happy ;)[/quote]
Congrats on that! And, well, I have no trouble with waiting, but my fear lies in the fact that all those options raise menaces. Hopefully it won’t take that long for her to show up

[quote=Cthonius]It seems like a wipe, having just gone from Nightmares 6 to 0.

Happy for my first Fruits Festival. Finally can get a destiny. Though I’m still figuring a few mechanics out, seems fun.[/quote]

If I’m remembering correctly from previous years, the menace cure is not a complete wipe, but it is a very large cure (wiki estimates roughly 30 cp, and it could be a range). That’s based on data from two years ago, though, so for all we know they’ve changed it since then.

Something like that is as good as a wipe unless you’re already too far gone and at 8 or above. Pretty good news that

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was kept unchanged from previous years
edited by Cthonius on 8/15/2016
edited by Cthonius on 8/15/2016

Is anybody else unable to change their destiny? I have the fate and all the requirements, but it is still locked. (I’d be sad if there was an invisible obscurity lock)
edited by suinicide on 8/15/2016

Does just boarding a ferry get you to Mutton Island instantly?

Yep! 5 actions and you are there.

Last question: Will simply taking your own ship do the same or will you still be out at Zee?

If you take your own ship, you’ll have to do the regular zee-journey, while the ferry costs only 5 actions. So I’d recommend to everyone taking the ferry whether you have your own ship or not!

Thanks! I was wondering if paying a ferry would be faster or not. 5 Actions seems fair too versus clawing your way through the Zee by ship.