Feast of the Exceptional Rose 1896

[quote=Aniline][quote=Optimatum]If the game let me marry both my Missionary and Firebrand, I would even leave my current spouse and letter from the Empress for them.

Confirmed as working.[/quote]
What does this do - you get to keep the gift?[/quote]

Iirc, yes, but that’s a bit against the spirit of the occasion. It’s helpful to prevent getting scammed out of a Lot of fate if someone doesn’t send a gift back, but that is rare.

I’m up for trading non-Fate-locked gifts of 1 point of Masquing! And about to go grind items.

Yes they have! Well, Firebrand has for sure, though it’s… wholly revolutionary. A bit disappointing lack of personal interaction.
Card and result for second option (gives 2 revolutionary favours). Didn’t get it second time yet.

If I have the Firebrand, how do I get to reforging him and making him an eligible spouse?

The Firebrand reforged is one of the companions you can get at the feast with Masquing, provided you already have him from the Nadir quest.

Edit: He ain’t exactly cheap, mind.
edited by Plynkes on 2/5/2018

At what point though? Can I do that now, somehow?

Yes they have! Well, Firebrand has for sure, though it’s… wholly revolutionary. A bit disappointing lack of personal interaction.
Card and result for second option (gives 2 revolutionary favours). Didn’t get it second time yet.[/quote]
This is awesome! I’m doing Poet-Laureate via books only, and an extra source of Revo favours (especially considering that the spy-in-rags is going away soonish) will be a huge help.

I think the &quotconverting masquing into companions&quot phase is in the second half of the festival, this time that’s from 12th Feb onwards.

Edit: 12th, I meant 12th. :)
edited by Plynkes on 2/5/2018

Oooh. That would be amazing!

But since the storylet to do so seems to be locked (and hidden) by having &quotCommitted&quot, it’s likely that once you marry one you won’t have the option to marry the other.[/quote]
Definitely the case, sadly. C’mon Failbetter, how much do I have to pay you to unlock polyamory?[/quote]

I mean I’d be up for that, but imagine the scandal! I’d expect high cost, a trip to the colonies right off, and I can’t imagine it going well in some circles. Having said that, imagine the Hedonist gain, and the parties with your new gang of player and NPC married set. 0-0

…Yeah, never gonna happen.

A family can be a model, a jewel-thief, a Snuffer, a very expensive Rubbery Man, two mutually exclusive Revolutionaries, and several players. If Failbetter would only let it.

[quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099]The Feast of the Exceptional Rose is upon us! Show your affection or scorn through unexpected and creative gifts! Love is as faceted as the jewel in a betrothal-ring. What will the season have in store for you?

It seems even the Revolutionary Firebrand and the Secular Missionary are feeling the effects of romance this year. You’ll also find two new rose-gifts, four new companions, and some new married excursions for spouses from Foreign Office!

LOVE GIFTS

Send and receive gifts from other players!

This year, express your adoration or scorn with two new rose-gifts. Etch your opinions in the cranium of an Inscribed Skull! Or does the object of your passion enjoy luxury? Travel? Brimstone? Then a One-Way Ticket to Hell on the 12:15 from Moloch Street may be the perfect gift!

Rewards from the Feast can be won by increasing your Masquing, through participating in the revels and the exchange of gifts. Use your Masquing quality to unlock unique companions later in the festival once Lady Lilac arrives. The 1896 Feast features four new delightful companions to choose from!

Make friends for the exchange of gifts on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit or right here in this thread. Please feel free to use #ExceptionalFeast on other channels to alert other players of your desire for gifting.

SKIN-BOUND MEMORIES!

How better to prove your devotion than through permanent inked sentiments at Clathermont’s Tattoo Parlour!

A unique story involving the Neath’s famed tattooists, the Clathermont Family is available for the duration of the Feast.

Find the Clathermonts in Ladybones Road when you have A Name in Seven Secret Alphabets at 4 or higher. As part of the Feast, continue this story from the same area by playing News at Clathermont’s from 12th February.

THE LADY IN LILAC

That winter, you saw the woman in the lilac dress everywhere…Did she approach you, or did you approach her, in the end? Certainly she looked you straight in the eye. &quotYou are desired,&quot she says. &quotGive me the proof of it, and I’ll make arrangements.&quot

The enigmatic Lady in Lilac returns to London during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

On the 12th February we will be releasing the Lady in Lilac card into your opportunity deck, allowing you to trade in your gifts for Masquing. From the 12th, you’ll also be able to turn in your Masquing for special companions on the Encounters at the Feast card.

The Feast will end on the 19th February. The Lady in Lilac and Encounters at the Feast will remain available until the 23rd, after which your remaining Masquing will be converted to Making Waves when Time, the Healer visits.

MARRIAGE AND DATES

If all this gift-giving is making your heart flutter with romantic notions, perhaps put it to good use by proposing to the one you love!

Begin at the Attend to Matters of the Heart storylet in your Lodgings—there are a multitude of exceptionally lovely venues throughout London for you and your partner to explore.

This content is available year-round, but a married date during the festival certainly wouldn’t go amiss!

END YOUR INCONVENIENT ENTANGLEMENTS!

Has your spouse been too long gone? Are you too distressed by their unaccountable peckishness? Has love simply faded? The divorce courts will hear your plight; and, if they are satisfied, will end your marriage, so that you may seek out new love stories.

If you wish to divorce your partner, seek a divorce on the Attend to Matters of the Heart card in your Lodgings.

MARRIAGE OF FEDUCCI

This premium story is now available on the Fate page if you fancy experiencing a royal wedding.

Our Lord Mayor’s proposal to the Captivating Princess has been accepted! Join the Beleaguered Wedding Planner in the Shuttered Palace to make or break this historic moment.[/color][/quote]

[li]
When does Millicent’s Parlour open for business? I’m long resigned to my being unable to interact with this season because of having nobody to get sufficient feasting from, but if I can’t get a tattoo by tomorrow at the rate Noman’s Friend is dropping I’ll have spent a LOT of distilled lacre (and some Fate) for nothing. All those vials will be lost…like Tears of the Bazaar…in the rain…

[quote=Hattington][quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099]
SKIN-BOUND MEMORIES!

How better to prove your devotion than through permanent inked sentiments at Clathermont’s Tattoo Parlour!

A unique story involving the Neath’s famed tattooists, the Clathermont Family is available for the duration of the Feast.

Find the Clathermonts in Ladybones Road when you have A Name in Seven Secret Alphabets at 4 or higher. As part of the Feast, continue this story from the same area by playing News at Clathermont’s from 12th February.

THE LADY IN LILAC

That winter, you saw the woman in the lilac dress everywhere…Did she approach you, or did you approach her, in the end? Certainly she looked you straight in the eye. &quotYou are desired,&quot she says. &quotGive me the proof of it, and I’ll make arrangements.&quot

The enigmatic Lady in Lilac returns to London during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

On the 12th February we will be releasing the Lady in Lilac card into your opportunity deck, allowing you to trade in your gifts for Masquing. From the 12th, you’ll also be able to turn in your Masquing for special companions on the Encounters at the Feast card.

The Feast will end on the 19th February. The Lady in Lilac and Encounters at the Feast will remain available until the 23rd, after which your remaining Masquing will be converted to Making Waves when Time, the Healer visits.

[/color][/quote]
When does Millicent’s Parlour open for business?[/quote]

Based on the above, I’d imagine it would be on the 12th.

Well, I’m about to do a stupid and send a Gift to Mr Eaten.

Not even Seeking, but someone’s got to do it, right?

Wish me luck.
edited by Deathjack999 on 2/5/2018

And thanks to Derkatt’s profile, we can see that the Secular Missionary is a +2 Respectable.

So nothing to do for now in order to marry the +2 BDR - we review options on Feb 12!
Oh and could please someone let me know what option at the Carnival has a rare chance to get Hedonist above 10? Thanks!

Do we know (or care to speculate) who those two coves on the poster are? Characters we already know or new companions, perhaps? Chap in the hat could be the Presbyterate Diplomat (with a new hat), I suppose…

I’d like to make a general announcement that, because I don’t have Fate or the spare money to acquire it right now, I’m willing to draw art in exchange for Fate-gifts. Here’s my Tumblr post about it for more details: http://thescarletpaperback.tumblr.com/post/170539452442/to-people-who-play-fallen-london-and-have-fate-to

A family can be a model, a jewel-thief, a Snuffer, a very expensive Rubbery Man, two mutually exclusive Revolutionaries, and several players. If Failbetter would only let it.[/quote]

I am 100% ok with this. Although i don’t think the Model or the Jewel Thief like me anyone after our parting. I might need to find replacements. Assuming of course it would happen.

To be fair, it’s +2 BDR in a slot that previously only had a single BDR option, of 100 Fate for +3.
[…] it’s not egregiously out of line with its predecessors.[/quote]
It’s less about the gain and more about the lack of content. For all I care my spouse could give -1 Respectable and the Marriage cost a dozen Searing Enigmas and Dreadful Surmises, and I’d still be happy about the occasional breakfast card.
Instead there is a single new spouse as option, which I am not even particularly fond of. The Missionary’s great, don’t get me wrong, and it’s great they are giving people the option - but at the same time, if you like the Missionary / Firebrand you’ll have to fork over about 20 bucks to get your flavortext.

What I am getting at is: I don’t know how it’s for others, but for me it’s not about the stats, it’s about the character and, if possible, about the story. That’s why 4 new companions is… okay. By now I have 32 companions, with at least one for every stat at +8,+9 or +10 and +2 BRD - which is most likely about half of what a dedicated player has. New companions without story and lower stats are … okay. Nothing more.

[quote=Jolanda Swan]So nothing to do for now in order to marry the +2 BDR - we review options on Feb 12!
Oh and could please someone let me know what option at the Carnival has a rare chance to get Hedonist above 10? Thanks![/quote]
Enjoy the decadence rare success. Probably was unlucky, but last year I got 1 rare from 46 successes (that’s 1 in 66 AP).