Father's Bones

I should probably stop chewing on this bone :-/. Poking around in the game files, though, to try to find why Mt Nomad is absent - in the ‘SpawnedEntities’ file there are two entries for the beast, but both have the ‘ParentSpawnPoint’ as null. Is this as it should be?

If you tell me where to find that file, I can check my own copy.

I only see one Mt Nomad in there, but ParentSpawnPoint is &quotnull&quot for basically everything so it’s probably not something used or, alternatively, it utilises values beyond the comprehension of mere circuitry
edited by Spacemarine9 on 2/6/2015

On the reddit thread they mentioned that the tree of ages is a &quotrare&quot spawning beastie near Savior’s Rocks, and I’ve caught sight of the Eater of Names in the Chelonate, but so far I’ve still been sailing around looking for the Tree of Ages, which isn’t there yet for any of my captains.[li][/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 2/6/2015

I’m a bit confused on the fathom king bit, two of his goals went in the fathers bones section of the quest log and the other four went into my hold under curiosities. Does he want all of those things, or just the two in the quest log?

He wants all of them. I don’t know why they are in two separate locations.

[quote=fortluna]On the reddit thread they mentioned that the tree of ages is a &quotrare&quot spawning beastie near Savior’s Rocks, and I’ve caught sight of the Eater of Names in the Chelonate, but so far I’ve still been sailing around looking for the Tree of Ages, which isn’t there yet for any of my captains.[li][/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 2/6/2015[/quote]
Never encountered either the Eater or The Tree of ages as yet…[/li]

[quote=Rocket Heeled Jack]Never encountered either the Eater or The Tree of ages as yet…
[/quote]
I haven’t either but on the previous page Alexis said it’d be in for Pearl (i.e the Release version). It’s a rare spawn though…

And that for me is the problem with anything that’s a required item, either it’s something you need and it’s available, or it’s a random curiosity and it spawns randomly… The other thing is that when you have something unique that doesn’t have complete regeneration (nomad for example), it should be exactly that, unique…

Mt. Nomad does regenerate though…

I’m playing as a priest looking for my Father’s Bones, and I had no trouble with Mt. Nomad (he hangs out near Chapel of Lights for me, every time, and I’ve both killed him and seen him respawn).

However, I had to sell my Memento Mori to the Dawn-people to get the Eternal Dawn-thingie, which is the only way to build the Impeller (which I need to give to Mr. Fathomking). I’m also confused about the Outcast - mine’s dead, and I’ve just assumed the Poissonner was the guy who wanted to stay with Fathy, since he keeps going on about cooking for someone very special, and the Fathomking’s request specifies someone who enjoys fish (which, poissonner means &quotfish cook&quot if my high school french serves).

So, after those two, my only remaining quest is the &quottree that doesnt die&quot. I’ve assumed it was the Tree of a Single Day down in Adam’s Port, and I’ve been shuttling back and forth with port reports and news from London and Palmerstone in order to &quotcatch a nut&quot, which, no luck so far after 20 tries. Now I read on here there’s a weird monster I’ve never seen called the Tree of Ages? That might not even be in the game? Am I not going to be able to complete my quest?

I’ve done the quest and I don’t remember this requirement. Could you be more specific? I suspect it’s something you can do in Irem.[li]
edited by salmonella_dub on 2/15/2015

[quote=Fredrik Pettersen]However, I had to sell my Memento Mori to the Dawn-people to get the Eternal Dawn-thingie, which is the only way to build the Impeller (which I need to give to Mr. Fathomking). I’m also confused about the Outcast - mine’s dead, and I’ve just assumed the Poissonner was the guy who wanted to stay with Fathy, since he keeps going on about cooking for someone very special, and the Fathomking’s request specifies someone who enjoys fish (which, poissonner means &quotfish cook&quot if my high school french serves).

So, after those two, my only remaining quest is the &quottree that doesnt die&quot. I’ve assumed it was the Tree of a Single Day down in Adam’s Port, and I’ve been shuttling back and forth with port reports and news from London and Palmerstone in order to &quotcatch a nut&quot, which, no luck so far after 20 tries. Now I read on here there’s a weird monster I’ve never seen called the Tree of Ages? That might not even be in the game? Am I not going to be able to complete my quest?[/quote]

Last time I played Father’s Bones, you could just give the Memento Mori direct to the Fathomking - is that no longer the case? As for the undying tree, salmonella_dub is correct - you’ll want to take a sack of coffee and a Searing Enigma to Irem.

Missed the not on that, sorry dude :)

You can give the Mori, The Impeller, The Serpentine and the other gun built by the tittering guy in Iron Republic to the Fathomking. I wouldn’t recommend giving the Impeller as it kicks too much ass to lose.

Ah, it’s good to know there’s a fourth option for the miracle of science. There’s also a second option for the seed of an undying tree.

Always more blemmigans…

Aha, so this &quotTree of Ages&quot-monster is unrelated? Thanks for the tip, heading to Irem immediately!

No, that’s not correct - the Fathomking got very upset when I tried to give him the Icarus in Black (the weapon built by the tittering artificer in Iron Republic that fires demon hunters). His said &quotWe are most displeased&quot or words to that effect.

Also, I don’t really want to give him the Memento Mori, because that means the Tireless Mechanics questline is impossible (no Memento Mori, no Endless Dawn).

Ah, my bad then. I remember reading somewhere that you could hand it in. Guess it should have said that he wouldn’t accept it. Thanks for correcting me.

EDIT: And the Tireless Mechanic questline would be impossible for that captain. However what you could do is make the Mori, get the captain killed then hand the Mori over to the next captain using the rival legacy. Then make a second one in the game, hand one in to the Fathomking and use the other to make the Impeller. It’s a lot of work though.
edited by Madmurdock on 2/16/2015

It’s only a lot of work the first time you do it, really. Given there are at least five different versions of the Father’s Bones questline, and even if not doing that quest, you might want to use the best engine and best weapon together, passing the Memento Mori on to your heir is probably something you should do most runs.

so i’m stuck on the officer requirement at this point, having fulfilled everything else - i know they said that there would be another officer as an option, so you didn’t have to buy back the outcast, but i’ll be buggered if i can see which officer they are talking about. theoretically that should have been in one of the releases this month - anyone have any luck finding out who is the lucky crew member that gets to go hang with the drownies?