Fallen London Reworks: Returning to Court

[quote=Slyblue][i]&quotThe chorus of goat-demons shambles about the stage, until their pas de sept, when they transition to a choreographed display of such grace that even the Captivating Princess has tears in her eyes.&quot

[/i]So why, exactly, am I getting exiled for this?[i]

Psh.
[/i][/quote]
What option is this? I have never seen that text before.
edited by Akernis on 10/23/2017

[quote=Akernis]
What option is this? I have never seen that text before.
edited by Akernis on 10/23/2017[/quote]

New ballet option! You need 5 Renown: Hell, and it’s enough to get your Scandal from 6 to 8 (Not sure how much CP that would be. But it’s definitely worth it.)

Now that we have yet more things to publish, perhaps it would be appropriate to move them to a “publications” category in the inventory? It would be nice to have a shelf devoted to my own works, and it would relieve some of the bloat in the curiosities section.

I wish making a suit gave me the suit. But eh.

Of course it doesn’t! You’re making it for the reputation it gives, and for the money. But it would be nice to have the option of making a fashion item for one’s self.

I really like the world building. A lot of the options involve either influences from Hell or the Elder Continent. London is in pretty regular contact with Hell, what with the railroad and the Brass Embassy and all the Infernal commerce they bring. Then there’s London’s colony on the Carnelian coast, where you served a number of terms playing nice with the Tigers. So of course those two civilizations would have a rather large impact on the Fifth city’s culture.

I really enjoy the new things I can make in general, though! I’d like more mementos of them, but that’s hardly a problem. Glad the written stuff has items so far.

[quote=Slyblue]
New ballet option! You need 5 Renown: Hell, and it’s enough to get your Scandal from 6 to 8 (Not sure how much CP that would be. But it’s definitely worth it.)[/quote]
Thanks, will heck it out immediately :)

[quote=Akernis][quote=Slyblue]
New ballet option! You need 5 Renown: Hell, and it’s enough to get your Scandal from 6 to 8 (Not sure how much CP that would be. But it’s definitely worth it.)[/quote]
Thanks, will heck it out immediately :)[/quote]

That’s really useful! I’m going to need a ride to the Tomb Colonies soon, to pick up my 40 Renown Tomb Colonists item, and this sounds like an easy way for me to do it. Thanks!

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=Akernis][quote=Slyblue]
Thanks, will heck it out immediately :)[/quote]
That’s really useful! I’m going to need a ride to the Tomb Colonies soon, to pick up my 40 Renown Tomb Colonists item, and this sounds like an easy way for me to do it. Thanks![/quote]
Always happy to help and promote the underappreciated beauty of demon goat ballet (:

(&quotYou’ll be begging me to stage my opera again after this, Your Highness.&quot)

I guess I’ll come out of exile now.

Does anyone have an echo of a Celestial Spectacle?

Seems someone echoed it already. Here’s the google search result.

Seems someone echoed it already. Here’s the google search result.[/quote]
&quotYour audience isn’t quite sure what to make of it, so they praise it to the highest heavens.&quot

:-)

The fire marshal must have had a fit.
edited by Anne Auclair on 11/1/2017

With the recent release of the Dilmun Club content, it would appear the quickest and most cost effective way to grind Poet-Laureate is the do a ballet, use the High Path option consuming honey, and doing the Carnelian option to get 2 fine piece and 3 tribute. The High Path option gives 20 cp and the tribute gained at the end, while low, is enough of a bonus to push that option ahead. This way will use the fewest actions while earning a small profit even if you purchase the honey from the bazaar.

… Didn’t I rant about this half a year ago?

Probably. But yay!

Alice has been named the first (presumably) Poet-Laureate of the Neath. :) The resulting text was very nice, but a fair warning to those expecting a material reward at the end of the grind… there doesn’t seem to be one (unless there’s another storylet somewhere that I’ve yet to find).

So I hope I’m missing something small and obvious, but … I’m trying to do this storyline right now, and the option to land in Port Carnelian is just not there. There’s the usual ‘Across the Southern Archipelago’ storylet at Approaching Journey’s End 10, and all the options from Mutton Island to the Court of the Wakeful Eye are there, as well as the locked options NORTH, The Pillars, and the East. But no Port Carnelian. What do I need to see it?

Have you been there before? You might need to go to the Foreign Office to level up your Legitimacy.