Fallen London Reworks: Returning to Court

You need to restore Emperial Legitimacy in the Foreign Office, and then reach five successful terms. So if you haven’t had a successful term, yes, you will need to endure 5 of them, plus another to actually regain access to court.

You know, I’m starting to think the Veteran Privy Councilor is all hat and no cattle :P He’s not getting you back into court, it’s all the Captivating Princess, who more and more seems like the real decision maker in London’s ramshackle government. The VPC can’t even take credit for arranging this visit, as it happens on the Princesses’ own initiative, and he simply seizes on it to make you go away!
edited by Anne Auclair on 10/19/2017

[quote=Anne Auclair]You know, I’m starting to think the Veteran Privy Councilor is all hat and no cattle :P He’s not getting you back into court, it’s all the Captivating Princess, who more and more seems like the real decision maker in London’s ramshackle government. The VPC can’t even take credit for arranging this visit, as it happens on the Princesses’ own initiative, and he simply seizes on it to make you go away!
[/quote]
I get the same feeling, actually! Unless he’s secretly pulling the Princess’ strings?

Nah.

[quote=Slyblue]I get the same feeling, actually! Unless he’s secretly pulling the Princess’ strings?

Nah.[/quote]
Of course this all started with him promising us a governorship in exchange for the whole opera fiasco and then, low and behold, it turns out the Foreign Office is a law unto itself and you have to work for the appointment. Going forward, don’t believe a word that man says.
edited by Anne Auclair on 10/19/2017

I doubt this will be the case, but I really hope becoming Poet-Laureate doesn’t lock you out of Court again. To me this is a pretty fun way to earn both money and Making Waves and I’m thrilled to finally be back.

So… Who wants to spend an ungodly amount of Fate to speed to the end and find out what happens for all of us? :P

Does returning to court lock you out of governing the colonies?

Nope! Going to Port Carnelian only has an Imperial Legitimacy requirement.

Thank you! Time to plan for a triumphant return, then. I just can’t bear the thought of leaving my poor colony in the hands of some corrupt fool.

Well, I’m out of actions, but I’m looking forward to completing my new fashion! I’m thinking big, I’m thinking bland, I’m thinking full of tension and fear. It’ll be the talk of over there!

So now I’m back at Court. There seems to be a new set of mechanics, allowing one to become a Poet Laureate. It requires the quality &quotA Fine Piece&quot at 5, among other things. Does anyone know how you raise that quality? Must it be done ONLY by producing poetry, or do other artistic projects quality?

EDIT: My question has been answered: Thanks, Sara!
edited by cathyr19355 on 10/21/2017

You can get the quality by completing court works - I completed a film and got 3 of it.

Feel like this would be an appropriate end-game grinding. A rather long-lasting grinding indeed. I just completed my first poet and if I didn’t get it wrong, the mechanism is like, every 5 Fine Pieces would raise 1 point of A Poet Laureate (not sure here),and 20 points of the latter are needed to advance the story. That would be an absurd amount of grinding, concerning the actions needed to finish even one poet. But I’m still not so sure about the whole stuff at the moment. And in case it is the case I hope the outcome will worth the effort.

Well, probably still much easier than the cider.
edited by Delta67 on 10/19/2017

At least it provides a way to burn Favors: Revolutionaries, for those of us who do not feel the need to help along the Liberation of the Night.

[quote=Anne Auclair]You know, I’m starting to think the Veteran Privy Councilor is all hat and no cattle :P He’s not getting you back into court, it’s all the Captivating Princess, who more and more seems like the real decision maker in London’s ramshackle government. The VPC can’t even take credit for arranging this visit, as it happens on the Princesses’ own initiative, and he simply seizes on it to make you go away!
[/quote]
Which just earns her yet another point for the position of my favourite character in the game. I also think that she may have a thing for the player at this point, this is the third time we get a description along the lines of ‘tonight, she only has eyes for you.’
edited by Akernis on 10/22/2017

Is there any difference in the text based on your legacy as a governor? Or is it all the same?

[quote=Akernis][quote=Anne Auclair]You know, I’m starting to think the Veteran Privy Councilor is all hat and no cattle :P He’s not getting you back into court, it’s all the Captivating Princess, who more and more seems like the real decision maker in London’s ramshackle government. The VPC can’t even take credit for arranging this visit, as it happens on the Princesses’ own initiative, and he simply seizes on it to make you go away!
[/quote]
Which just earns her yet another point for the position of my favourite character in the game. I also think that she may have a thing for the player at this point, this is the third time we get a description along the lines of ‘tonight, she only has eyes for you.’[/quote]
That could just as easily mean she wants to eat you.

Back at court and the Veteran Privy Councilor is definitely a liar. Once again, despite his many promises, I have to work my way up the ladder entirely on my own.

That was a new experience. Never before have I reintroduced a colourblind barber from behind… the… wait a minute. The barber’s colourblindness wouldn’t lead him to see other colours as taupe, would it?

[i]&quotThe chorus of goat-demons shambles about the stage, until their pas de sept, when they transition to a choreographed display of such grace that even the Captivating Princess has tears in her eyes.&quot

[/i]So why, exactly, am I getting exiled for this?[i]

Psh.
[/i]

[quote=Slyblue][i]&quotThe chorus of goat-demons shambles about the stage, until their pas de sept, when they transition to a choreographed display of such grace that even the Captivating Princess has tears in her eyes.&quot

[/i]So why, exactly, am I getting exiled for this?[i]

Psh.
[/i][/quote]
Southwark probably had a fit.

The new operas are pretty hilarious in their inoffensiveness.

btw, so far my only criticism is that when you’re writing a novel, the Renown requirements for a novel about spies seems a bit low. Like, a Renown of 5 works for the Criminals and the Urchins, but shouldn’t you have to have a Great Game Renown of at least 20 in order to write about what’s going on in Vienna?
edited by Anne Auclair on 10/22/2017