Fallen London Reworks: Lodgings Part 2

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Oh, ok. That’s not so bad. Still slightly lower efficiency (1.5 Insight per action) but not nearly as much as I thought.

What about the winner?[/quote]

It’s a best-of-three match. The first challenge doesn’t give Sudden Insights at all. The next two challenges give one for the loser. The conclusion gives 2 for the loser, 1 for the winner.

[ul][li]Step 1: Player 1 sends an invitation[/li][li]Step 2: Player 2 accepts with challenge #1[/li][li]Step 3: Player 1 chooses challenge #2 ← the loser here gets 1 x Sudden Insight[/li][li]Step 4: Player 2 chooses challenge #3 ← the loser here gets 1 x Sudden Insight[/li][li]Step 5: Player 1 completed the match ← the winner gets 1 x Sudden Insight; the loser gets 2.[/li][/ul]The winner in step 5 is based on best-of-three of the three challenges in steps 2-4.

So:
The winner might get 1-2 x Sudden Insights.
The loser might get 3-4 x Sudden Insights

edited by dov on 7/26/2017

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Oh, ok. That’s not so bad. Still slightly lower efficiency (1.5 Insight per action) but not nearly as much as I thought.

What about the winner?[/quote]

I’ve investigated a little more and fixed the numbers in my original post. If the active player wins a contest, the other player also gains an insight but the change is not displayed. So we end up with:

1. P1: Invite: no insights
  2. P2: Initial strategy: no insights
  3. P1: move, loser gets 1x Insight
  4. P2: move, loser gets 1x Insight
  5. P1: End game: winner gets 1 Insight, loser gets 1-2 Insights.

I.e. there are a guarenteed 4 Insights total for those 5 actions. If the loser is lucky they might get one more.

I wonder about the victory conditions considering the special empowering attacks in the sparrings (frontal assaults/bewildering ambushes) based on dreams and chess strategies based off of qualities (like using &quotpop goes the weasel&quot to distract the opponent, which is. amazing).

How is the victor determined here- by luck? Are their qualities compared (the level of chosen empowering dreams in sparring, or their rarity? some dreams are harder to dream than the others, after all. something else)? I suppose the empowering dreams could just add a bonus to dangerous/shadowy and the bout be won by a person with higher stat, but the chess qualities? The election had these rock-paper-scissor debates, the current mechanics are fascinating and diverse and fun, but not entirely clear.

[color=#cc0099]The changes to the Dinners content is now also available, delicious friends[/color]

So. Many. Options!

(preparing a dinner party is complicated…)

edited by dov on 7/31/2017

Two great things that go great together: Fancy dinner parties, and Counterfeit Heads of St John the Baptist! Now I finally have a use for my stockpile.

You’re just making me jealous

You’re just making me jealous[/quote]
Do you want an invite? Cabeza tacos, fresh from the vine!

Well, at least that’s true to life.

I’m liking it so far, though it does make dinners much more of a to-do. My main questions: Does the zee-fish go bad when Time comes by? Does hosting a dinner zero all your preparations, or merely subtract the requirement? Isn’t the Stolen River supposed to be capitalized?

It seems to merely subtract the requirement, so no waste getting an extra point or two.

Haha, damn tempting! Can’t wait for TtH to hit and get a Free Evening!

The Dinner options are so well-written. They can make the reader hella peckish.

Unaccountably so, if you choose to eat a Counterfeit Head of John the Baptist.

(Do not do it if you’re squeamish. Seriously).

I am reminded of the Bandaged Chef-Paramount’s seven-course feast.

The words tasted delicious.

I wonder, are the heads actually very much like heads, or are they some sort of vegetable matter that happens to look like a head?
I’m curious, because does eating one make you a cannibal? (Not that most of us aren’t already cannibals)

I managed to prepare a dinner with little trouble. Then I went to invite my guest and they were ineligible to join me. Now I have a meal and no guests. How rude.

[quote=Pumpkinhead]I wonder, are the heads actually very much like heads, or are they some sort of vegetable matter that happens to look like a head?
I’m curious, because does eating one make you a cannibal? (Not that most of us aren’t already cannibals)[/quote]
Don’t you get them off of your plant? Meaning that they’re really fruit.

Talking fruit.

[quote=Dudebro Pyro][quote=Pumpkinhead]I wonder, are the heads actually very much like heads, or are they some sort of vegetable matter that happens to look like a head?
I’m curious, because does eating one make you a cannibal? (Not that most of us aren’t already cannibals)[/quote]
Don’t you get them off of your plant? Meaning that they’re really fruit.

Talking fruit.[/quote]

I don’t get them anywhere, as I’ve been lamenting about a few times around here.
But in any case, yes, they’re fruit, but this is FL, so it’s not totally unimaginable that a plant could produce rather… meaty… fruit.

Given the nature of the plant I’m not convinced it’s truly a member of the plant kingdom. Or the animal kingdom. Somewhere inbetween.