Fallen London Merchandise

Keychains in the shape of iron knife tokens. Or in the shape of correspondence sigils. Never loose your keys again, just follow the smell of burning things!

Merchandise that would be printable in time for Christmas:
- Jar labels for various honeys and wines
- Marriage certificates
- Text posters in this style (Postertext.com):

There’s things which would be just for the person who buys it, and there’s things which the person could wear which would a) amuse fellow FL players who get the reference and b) perhaps inspire others to ask “What’s that?” and perhaps then try FL. Plushies are good for the former. Accessories are good for the latter - the Menace Elimination cap, the Dilmun Club pin, as others have suggested. Top hats are expensive to make, but they’re also perhaps the most iconic Victorian thing to wear. Oh - and Neathglass goggles; if you have to wear one thing to communicate “I am trying to be steampunk”, start with goggles. Canes are also high-end and ueber-Victorian. You could post a “if you prepay, we’ll have one made” offer for a Bejewelled Cane, at various levels of crazy expensive.

If there are companies which will print an image on the sort of bottles used by bicyclists (the kind which fit a holder on the frame), then a Velocipede Squad item which would actually go on one’s bicycle would be awesome, and would be high visibility to others. Stickers for the frame? Brass gears are also iconic for steampunk, but I can’t imagine you cutting a deal with Shimano.

Keychains oh yes.

[color=#009900]Maybe one of this. :) And we wouldn’t commit to a KS yet. This outpouring of enthusiasm is amazing, and if all our players were like you guys we’d do it tomorrow. But most casual players probably won’t buy stuff, and we’re a games company not a tentacle lamp company - we’d love to do that (**** it, I’d buy a tentacle lamp) but we’d risk making something shoddy or too expensive. Physical things are hard, that’s why I do words.[/color]

Horse-head cravat stickpins. I can easily see those as an in-universe item, creatable as merchandise. My favorite game-reference item is a polo shirt with a logo for Aperture Laboratories; those who get the reference are highly amused, and those who don’t ask me when I worked for a high-tech company.

[color=#009900]hoist by my own curse words filter. Bite me, curse words filter. *******[/color]

If more casual players were like me, there’d be a lot more rats on circulation that’s for sure.

Maybe you should stick to d–n and bl–t to avoid angering the swear robot.

I still think an actual copy of slowcakes’ whould be brilliant.

I’m not casual at this game, I think, but I pretty much never buy real items. They just… Don’t look very good together with all my regular stuff. The exceptions are the expensive stuff, which can be cool enough on their own.

That said, if you added digital items to the game, just some small exclusives together with the items, I’d buy every one of them. Even if it’s just a unique pet or item.

As for what kind of item I’d really want to own… A nice mousepad? (Mainly because I need a new one anyway. Blast, I don’t want any merchandise unless it also includes a digital reward xD.)

I’d like to see some digital background collections. I could see that working out pretty decently.

I’ve made-do with a few of the special releases Mr. Sacks, Iron Republic, etc. But would rather something actually sized to fit.

Flute Street and the Nadar would be favorites. Something about the light beams really appeals in those.

Hmmm, let’s break this down…[li]

Long term. Obviously, plushie Exceptional Hats, Rats…why hasn’t anyone suggested a plushie Counterfeit Head of John the Baptist??

More realistic, short term. I’d love to see a poster map or subtle/meta clothing featuring the Correspondence (disclaimer: not responsible for any spontaneous bleeding or burning experienced while wearing/washing/looking at). I do like the idea of notebooks (in the style of Field Notes or similiar products) or mugs featuring the Correspondence, professions or Airs of the Forgotten Quarter.

Longer term (and far, far more ambitious). A real energy drink called F.F. Gebrant’s Tincture of Vigor (disclaimer: not responsible for any spontaneous bleeding or burning experienced while drinking/looking at)! First City Coins!

I can picture it now: a mug for your own Office Space environment that says &quotProfessional Murderer (paid weekly in diamonds)&quot

You’re missing the point, though - making plushies isn’t a venture they can afford to do right now. They don’t have the resources for it, as much as we all like soft squishy things. And I personally think it says a lot about FBG’s integrity that they don’t want to run a kickstarter for every little thing, especially not in rapid succession. I mean, yeah, part of it’s basic mathematics, but it’s also saying ‘Look, you guys just funded us for this - we don’t want to ask you for backing again until we’ve got something to show for that.’[/li] That aside…

Personally, I like merch but generally can’t obtain it, due to lack of a credit card/online purchasing. I’m more of the type who would buy Nex over merch if I could - but when it does come to merchandise, I prefer trinkets over clothing. I’m a little self-conscious about clothes, and the problem with having blatant references to Fallen London on a shirt is that most people wouldn’t get it. Non-obvious references, though, I’d be more likely to buy - like a Correspondence symbol.

Now, the things I carry around in my own time? Like many others, I like plushies (there is a foot-tall Alex Mercer plush standing guard over my desk as I type) and figurines, but I recognize that really isn’t feasible at this point. Things I would buy, if I could - posters, mouse pads, et cetera. Flavor-wise, I’d like to see Rubbery Men, Mr Eaten, and other things connected to the Masters. And the tentacle lamppost. You absolutely cannot go wrong with the tentacle lamppost.
[li]

Having fun with ideas for mugs:

[ul][li]Temperature-sensitive mugs with correspondence sigils that only show up when heated[/li][li]Mugs with a little figurine inside, [/li][/ul]
except instead of adorable little animals we’d be drowning and drinking Mr Eaten.[li]
edited by mayexist on 11/11/2013

Oh, most definitely. There are an immense number of possible curios but I feel some simple finery would be a good start.

Personally I’d love something C.V.R. related, or maybe a shirt expressing that we are members of the Dilmun club. I like the subtle clothing ideas myself. Though if we could get a shirt covered with Paul’s art, will that would be just fine too.

Specific logos that might be feasible:
Dilmun Club
C.V.R.
Delicious Friends
Honorary Neddy Man
Professional Sorrow Spider Wrangler
Exceptional Friends
People of Some Importance

I think any of these would be just subtle enough to not stand out too much while still expressing to a select few that we are sons and daughters of the Neath.

I was gonna put this in my first post but dithered on it: Plush Masters of the Bazaar. (Though I guess it’d probably just be a cloak plushie.)

Yeah, getting a plush Master would be a lot easier if what the Masters looked like was common knowledge. Otherwise I’d be asking for a Mr Eaten plushie, reasonable expectations or no.

If you buy a Mr Eaten plushie, you will open the package to find nothing. The nothing will spread out and devour you, your home, your family. Every year, their memory will fade until nothing remains of you.
Also you’ll get melted wax on your clothes.
gross