Fallen London Merchandise

[color=#0099ff]Hi everyone, Paul here.[/color]
[color=#0099ff]
[/color]
[color=#0099ff]We’ve been thinking about creating some new Fallen London merchandise in time for Christmas, and as usual, we need your help. The question is what (if anything) you would you buy for yourself or a loved one, if it was available? [/color]
[color=#0099ff]The sort of merchandising we’re considering falls into these categories:[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Big, bold clothing[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Rubbery Man T-shirts, a Weasel across your chest, a sorrow spider on your back, that kind of thing. [/color]
[color=#0099ff]Subtle and or meta clothing[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Our starting ideas for this include Velocipede Squad or Department of Menace Eradication caps, shirts adorned with the Correspondence (hand-wash only, use very cold water), A Dante’s Grill apron, the Knife-and-Candle symbol and the Highway Quality icons. Ideas welcome![/color]
[color=#0099ff]Esoterica[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Delicious Coffee mugs, Veilgarden shopping bags, glim-proof golfing umbrellas.The possibilities are, well not endless, but considerable. [/color]
[color=#0099ff]Art prints and greeting cards[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Send your friends Starveling Cat Christmas cards or get a high quality map of the city for your parlour wall.[/color]
[color=#0099ff] [/color]
[color=#0099ff]…But these are just starting ideas. What do you think, folks? [/color]
[li]

All of my yes! By the bazaar yes.[li]
The subtle/meta clothing is my favorite. Id buy the coffee mug and art prints too. :D
edited by Blackleaf on 11/11/2013

Some seeking the name merchandise could be fun. Maybe Parabola releated to. Id buy a real life replica of an eyeless skull or exceptional hat too.[li]
The &quotConnection raising&quot items from Nikolas could be fun to have real world replicas of or atleast maybe pins with themes of them or something. I dont know really.
Art is always welcome. The bazaar,the unterzee,the marshes or the forgotten quarter. Anything whould be alright.
(( The most ideal thing whould be a flask of hisperidean cider that contains an acess code for cider at the bottom of the bottle. Id buy that. ))[/li][li](( Plushy’s of the ingame pets could be something hillarious. Id buy an overgoad or alternativly a rubberyman if thats avaible. ))
edited by Blackleaf on 11/11/2013[/li][li]
edited by Blackleaf on 11/11/2013

Subtle/meta clothing is my favourite, but the idea came to me (I’m not very serious on that): Rubbery plushies! In green top hats, green suits and with those big, sad, yellow eyes…

My excact idea! A rubbery man plushy and maybe an exceptional hat plushy.[li]

The opportunity card deck from the kickstarter would be awesome, I don’t know if they were Tarot style or playing cards. i think I would prefer a playing card version. Prints are cool as well
edited by Anstruther Barron on 11/11/2013

My personal holiday budget is already spoken for, but I would most nudge others to purchase for me a FL plushy. So many options there. Reprehensible lizards to rattus faber to tigers in hats.

Other options: items for viral use, like Pens “advertising” Clathermont’s Tattoo Parlor (or Mahogany Hall, Dept of Menace Eradication official stationary), with the FL address. People always need pens, and people always leave them places, or have them stolen by clients.

OOOH RARE SIGHTING!
[color=#0099ff]
[/color][quote=MisterArendt][color=#0099ff] The question is what (if anything) you would you buy for yourself or a loved one, if it was available? [/color][/quote]

I love no one but myself. (Christmas only extends to near family and closest friends, none of which play FL. The fools.)

[color=#0099ff][quote=MisterArendt]The sort of merchandising we’re considering falls into these categories:[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Big, bold clothing[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Rubbery Man T-shirts, a Weasel across your chest, a sorrow spider on your back, that kind of thing. [/color][color=#0099ff] [/color][/quote]

I might do a fitted T. But not a generic boy-fit t. Also - probably only one, as I possess 400 t.shirts and am banned from buying any more (part of arrangement in learning to dress like an adult with fashion capable friend was agreeing not to buy any more t.shirts. I am sorrow.). Thus I’d rather ‘accessories’ (hat? scarf? SCARF!) or non-garment things, as easier to justify.

[quote=MisterArendt][color=#0099ff] [/color][color=#0099ff]Subtle and or meta clothing[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Our starting ideas for this include Velocipede Squad or Department of Menace Eradication caps, shirts adorned with the Correspondence (hand-wash only, use very cold water), A Dante’s Grill apron, the Knife-and-Candle symbol and the Highway Quality icons. Ideas welcome![/color][/quote]

More interesting, as more likely to be something other than just an addition to the tower of t.shirts.

[color=#0099ff][quote=MisterArendt][color=#0099ff] [/color]Esoterica[/color]
[color=#0099ff]Delicious Coffee mugs, Veilgarden shopping bags, glim-proof golfing umbrellas.The possibilities are, well not endless, but considerable. [/color] [/quote]

Mugs, YES! Maybe even jewelery. If good quality. Which renders less likely, I guess.
[color=#0099ff]
[/color]
[color=#0099ff][color=#0099ff][quote=MisterArendt][color=#0099ff] [/color][/color]Art prints and greeting cards[/color]

[color=#0099ff]Send your friends Starveling Cat Christmas cards or get a high quality map of the city for your parlour wall.[/color]
[color=#0099ff] [/color]
[color=#0099ff]…But these are just starting ideas. What do you think, folks? [/color] [/quote]

[color=000000]Again - sending things is unlikely to be useful (except tentacle lamp because TENTACLE LAMP) because I don’t know many of the right kind of geek. However, if it were weird but non-specific enough that non-players would appreciate (without being obvious advertising, so can appreciate out of context as a card and nothing more), yes. So more scenes than characters.

Hmm. I can’t seem to un-blue my words. [/color]

Plushies. I try to resist as I pretend I’m not soft and fluffy. However … as soon as storynexus is back online I’ll have a look at my pets and see which appeals most. I’d probably opt for a creepier one … as a tiger would just seem like a tiger in a hat, rather than THE tiger. (And a plush Alexis would be a little strange.)
Edit: Looked. Tried to think which might work. Rubbery hound might just look like a drooling ordinary hound. (My Cthulhu Moomin suffers a little from this.) Tomb lion might work. Midnight Matriarch? If a hat could be done well, well, a hat. But … I suspect it’ll just look cartoonish and cheap.
Moth might make a nice wall thingy, rather than a plushie.

But bearing in mind Alexis’ update: MUGS AND MUG-LIKES. Muggins.
edited by babelfishwars on 11/11/2013

Any chance for a Fallen London guidebook/lorebook or artbook?

Clothing is nice, but my preference runs to accessories. I would really, really love to see an iron-on patch so I can cart my Fallen London love around on my luggage when I travel. Either a logo patch or some of the meta-quality patches you mentioned as shirt ideas. A mug would be great, too.

Also, I second everything Blackleaf mentioned in the post directly above this one.[li]
edited by aceinit on 11/11/2013[/li][li]
edited by aceinit on 11/11/2013

[quote=aceinit]Clothing is nice, but my preference runs to accessories. I would really, really love to see an iron-on patch so I can cart my Fallen London love around on my luggage when I travel. Either a logo patch or some of the meta-quality patches you mentioned as shirt ideas. A mug would be great, too.

Also, I second everything Blackleaf mentioned.
[li]
edited by aceinit on 11/11/2013[/quote]
Thanks![/li][li] :D Another suggestion: Knife and candle releated merchandise. That whould be pretty awesome to get a knife and candle hoodie or a fake weapon and such. The medals too.[/li][li]

I would definitely buy a correspondence t-shirt, and agree with Blackleaf that a lorebook would be awesome

[color=#009900]Paul: hi everyone, we were wonder-[/color]
[color=#009900]Everyone: PLUSHIES!![/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]We had a suspicion that might happen, so I looked at some numbers and it’s hard to see covering our costs. That suggests a Kickstarter, so we’d know up front whether we had the cash to do it - but of course we don’t want to do another Kickstarter before we have something to show from SS.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]And with only four weeks left to go before international posting for Christmas, that really means something print-on-demand already. [/color][color=#009900]So keep the ideas coming! some of them may end up in a 2014 KS. But for Christmas, it’s got to be stuff we could deliver on in the next four weeks.[/color][li]
edited by Alexis on 11/11/2013

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]Paul: hi everyone, we were wonder-[/color]
[color=#009900]Everyone: PLUSHIES!![/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]We had a suspicion that might happen, so I looked at some numbers and it’s hard to see covering our costs. That suggests a Kickstarter, so we’d know up front whether we had the cash to do it - but of course we don’t want to do another Kickstarter before we have something to show from SS.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]And with only four weeks left to go before international posting for Christmas, that really means something print-on-demand already. [/color][color=#009900]So keep the ideas coming! some of them may end up in a 2014 KS. But for Christmas, it’s got to be stuff we could deliver on in the next four weeks.[/color][li]
edited by Alexis on 11/11/2013[/quote]
To be honest who whouldnt want a rubbery plushy or a rattus or a tiger in a hat.[/li][li]Id buy the tiger in the hat.[/li][li]Just to Cut,drown,hang and reinact seeking mr eatens name on that bastard of a- … Oh sorry must be the marshmired dreams getting to me. Ignore what i said. Please dont murder me Mr.Tiger. Anyway whould be great if you could show us just what we should fill in with ideas. Different posters? Designs for T-Shirts? A thread dedicated to each type of merchandise could be useful.[/li][li]

In a hypothetical magic perfect world where I could feasibly actually buy some of this stuff;
I’d probably go for the more subtle/meta sorta stuff. When you say a shirt with a Correspondence sigil on, does that just mean a tshirt or something more along the lines of a polo shirt? I don’t really wear tshirts much :v
Art prints or a lore book would be nice too! Maybe something along the lines of pins/buttons would be neat, if those are feasible.
joke suggestion; multicoloured novelty candles which scream when you light them, perfect for the Seeker in your life.

Subtle and/or meta clothing is my favourite; my preference is for stuff that’s as close to Things From The Game World as feasible. While I have no need for a new apron or a cap I give my thumbs-up to the Dante’s Grill apron and the Velocipede Squad/Department of Menace Eradication hats. I’m quite tickled by the idea of wearing a Correspondence shirt. That’s the article of clothing I’m most likely to buy.

You can throw a vote from me on the plushie pile. Especially sorrow-spider or Rattus Faber plushies, or other in-game pets. I personally would love plush versions of some of the weirder pets, like a Rose-Bearing Maggot or an Ocular Toadbeast. Exceptional Hats (or their relatives, Extraordinary or Unfinished Hats) would probably be a tad expensive to make as actual hats, but they’d make great plushies.

The Knife-and-Candle medallions seem like a good choice for defictionalization. I likely wouldn’t buy one for myself because I’m more of a ‘stab your friends for fun and profit’ K&C player than one who’s particularly invested in becoming the Murder Monarch of London, but I’d buy 'em for a couple of my friends.

Brass Rings seem like the most obvious pick for actual jewelry. And maybe horsehead amulets.

I would buy an artbook/lorebook/Visitors’ Guide to the Fifth City so hard, assuming I had the money.

Seeker candles actually sound like a pretty good idea. Minus the screaming.
edited by CameoAppearance on 11/11/2013

OMG, do want.

I would definitely buy a mug. And I love the idea of a scarf. T-shirts would rock - with a fitted option for girls, preferably, as I’m not a fan of big and baggy. A T-shirt that had a Fallen London take on the traditional university or sports style design would be fun (obviously the sport being K&C!).

I would love to be able to buy a really gorgeous poster of the city to frame.

The Benthic cricket team, perhaps?

I’d actually buy these. You are still my favourite genius.

I can’t wear rings. (Bulgy knuckles/ can’t wear jewelery not easy to remove as gets in way of punching people.) No making stuff I can’t wear. Necklaces yes. Yeeeeeees. But a horsehead might be too normal.

Full scale replica of the box of intrigue please? Or a bottled soul replica?