F.F. Gebrandt's Prelapsarian Exhibition is here!

How does it sound to grind Cosmogone boxes?

It is 2 actions to get to the top of the dome (one with a glasswork challenge), one to fill 5 boxes at once, and one more action per box to give to the museum.

With 5 empty mirrorcatch boxes, it is 8 actions for 7250 minimum Gratitude, 9210 for me at high stats (~20 levels short across skills), which means 906-1151 Gratitude per action.

With 10 empty mirrorcatch boxes, it is 14 actions for 14500-18420 Gratitude, so 1035-1315 Gratitude per action.

3 Likes

It’s a very good grind, and it won’t last more than a few hours. Better make hay while the Cosmogene Sun is shining!

1 Like

Shame on me for not preparing for this event by drowning, I guess. Not sure if it’s worth rushing a quick suicide by boat just to get the full neathbow hand-in echo.

1 Like

A complete Neathbow seems to be worth over 300 echoes more than the colors individually. And it’s not even a full death, more like 1/3 dead worth of change points, plus mirrors hunger. Seems worthwhile to me.

I have three Oneiric Pearls but I really can’t be arsed to sacrifice them for three filled Mirrorcatch boxes. And I only have one empty Mirrorcatch box.

Anyway, after contributing many relics and bones, I now have 200k plus of Curator’s Gratitude. Unless there is a really good reason to go above and beyond that…

Some updates from Discord:

1. From Bruno:

Since this seems to cause an undesirable level of anxiety for some players: You need 20k gratitude (so the equivalent of 200e) to get a unique reward; I’ve changed the quality’s metatext to reflect this. Note that you’ll still be able to generate gratitude for it until the event ends, so you won’t miss out if you miss a day or phase of the event.

1. Regarding the high value of mirror boxes, especially Irrigo:

There’s really nothing permanent you’ll miss out on if you don’t manage to sell a neathbow box. Think of this as… more of a gift for the players who’ve been hoarding them than anything.

1. Asarta wrote:

I think Bruno noted that gratitude can be converted to scrip?

Bruno wrote:

Well, to an item that is sellable for scrip.

1. sobrique from Reddit offered a recipe for the skeleton

Implausibility comes from brass skulls, and failing certain checks.
So it’s easier than you think.
For example:

• Mammoth chassis
  • Sabre toothed skill
  • 4 x Jurassic Thighbones
  • a Tomb Lion’s tail

Was worth 14950 gratitude.

Human is the easiest:

• Human skeleton
  • 4 x Fossilized Forelimbs (available from the upper river bazaar)
  • 1 x sabre toothed skull (available from the Enthusiast of the ancient world).

Base value should be something like 2750 * 4 + 6250 = 17250 pennies.

1. Also, the full image of the Neathbow
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/770266641762091079/1001780521795326022/FYnMEXEWQAgBYtf.png
6 Likes

Ah, I was just about to post that I really hoped that was the case. Good stuff.

The mirrorcatch boxes are not lost.

And the Optical Exhibits are completed!

DAMMIT, I spent most of today at the Khanate completing my Neathy rainbow and came back to find the whole thing locked!

I have a similar story: I returned from Parabola with all my boxes filled with Cosmogone and yes, they were many so I was not as quick as I might have been and when I finally arrived I was informed that they can not take any more light. that leaves me stuck with Cosmogone in all my boxes.
would be truly amazed if somebeing could point out a way to empty them again … otherwise I will have to lean on the poor guy in Fiddler’s Scarlet far to often …

I see the Optical contributions have maxed out.

I only have one mirrorcatch box, I managed to get inside Parabola several times, climbed the Dome of Scales and harvest a Cosmogone-filled box, then submitted it to the museum.

Take note that I’m a Silverer, so it only costs me 50 honey per entry into Parabola. Other professions might have to pay a higher cost.

Now onto bones and relics.

I do not dislike the Bone Market - it has its uses, it can be profitable, and it is definitely different! But it is also frustrating, with a bunch of prerequisites to make a sale that are difficult to track.

And thus, the experience does not change for this event, case below in point :smiley:
I’ll be back !

Use this great calculator next time. Heck, use it every time to check things!

EDIT: You can get Sphinxstone before the end of phase 3 if you want a new vanity quality.

3 Likes

Me too, friend, me too. But I’m still going to finish a Neathbow for myself

1 Like

As for the skeleton, anything non-amalgamous would be acceptable, such as a mammoth size dino with sabre tooth head and four holy feet and a lion tail.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a great tool indeed :slight_smile:

Looks like we’re almost wrapped up with bones, and the relics will be waiting for a bit longer. I wonder if the pace will pick up once osteology closes? I know some higher-level players have intentionally been saving that so early-game players can contribute.

Thanks for sharing, that’s really very useful to know! And I probably wouldn’t have thought to check the metatext again.

Again, very useful information! Thank you for letting us non-Discorders in on the know.

2 Likes

Who could possibly not want a new vanity quality?! :rofl:

1 Like