Estival: The Sixth Coil is here!

IIRC playing this story blocks access to Devilbone Die “grind”.

Devilbone die? Might as well do this and hope the RNG gods hit you with a number of rare successes.

I have a grand total of 12 Devilbone dice. I remember Christmas Advent used to give them.

2 Likes

With max stats you get slightly more renown/AP via casing, but you need to take into account the travel to Parabola. It’s only worth it if you, by any chance, had huge amounts of casing you want to cash in.

And, from Discord, supporters of the winning team will NOT get a unique reward.

I updated the initial post too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can confirm, swapping sides can be done multiple times (I’ve been dancing back and forth between all the groups to try and see all the various text options). I think the lock is time-based, like the open ceremony was. My guess is that early on the competition, everyone can bounce back and forth and then, just before the actual race starts, they’ll lock down the teams to stop everyone migrating to the winning side.
Basically, it’s musical chairs and the music is still playing.

3 Likes

Well, I chose to help the Khaganians to repay them for helping in the Starved war.

Yeah, i had to do that. I think a point of casing was about 1,000 points?

I ground casing in the Flit with my gang of hoodlums for the big shiny medal and I’m only a little sorry about it.

"The Tiger Keeper presents your medal in a smaller amphitheatre. The crowd is modest, but his gaze is bright and alert as he loops the ribbon around your neck. “Once, this distinction meant a warrior was ready for war.”

HMMMM

1 Like

Full text result for earning the Distinction. That’s a really long storylet! :smiley:

5 Likes

I had no idea what flyting was! That’s a fun word to know.

The final is between you and a Struggling Artist

MWAHAHAHA

I wonder if the various fields correspond to the Tournaments – running (body), riddles (intellect), poetry (imagination), gadgets (science)?

2 Likes

Same; I thought it was a typo at first!

2 Likes

The judge from Irem has yet to arrive.

Hehe.

3 Likes

Got the amulet of Sauron, yay.

3 Likes

I know we’ve barely started but please please can the Cackling Mechanic be an available companion afterwards?

5 Likes

Hey, we’re halfway to February already.

This one?

I’m slightly saddened that the “Render material assistance to the…” appears to be capped at three (once it opens) rather than four. One storylet across the board must remain unread! :frowning:

3 Likes

Just pick one of the Khanate barbarian factions to omit. Eagle or Tortoise.

1 Like

I’ve decided to stick with one Faction. I know that I’ll miss out on the other text but I’ve chosen the one that fits my character best. So win or lose I don’t mind.

4 Likes

looks inside

Most technologically advanced faction in the entire setting

8 Likes

Y’know, yeah, but, y’know, they talk funny and their food smells weird.

3 Likes

Probably the most historical accurate reasoning to call someone a barbarian on the internet.

1 Like