Estival: The Sixth Coil is here!

I’d assume at least some Tomb-Colonists are former Londoners.

And the Koloman team is lead by an engineer from Birmingham, of all places.

Also, from the geographical hints given I’d say the Koloman Republic definitely comprises (in modern terms) Austria, Slovenia and parts of northern Italy, with the port of Trieste their only access to the sea (“the mouth of the Adriatic”).
edit: Though the mention of canals suggests it might reach as far as Venice.
I guess it could also refer to Prague though.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose anyone has already figured out the most efficient grind for this specific competition?

3 Likes

Ayyyyy, duck gang, we love calipers and rope.

2 Likes

“The Sixth Coil will open when the time is right – when the Games are completed. And then, we will offer Tribute in return.”

I’m getting a real “To Serve Man is a cookbook” feeling…

6 Likes

Casing (from Parabola)? Maybe? The research project doesn’t look like it pays off anywhere close to enough for the actions required (my main’s getting 400 from the basic action, and only 3750 for turning in the research, which at 550 research required isn’t a 10-action grind).

1 Like

Yeah, did you see the new dream? It definitely doesn’t seem like all we’ll find in the Sixth Coil is treasure…

4 Likes

Yeah that does sound like the most efficient. I’m still doing the research out of curiosity, mind.

I will support the Duckies, the Tigers seem like the type who will claw me in the back if it suits their conveniences.

3 Likes

Yep. I am appreciating all the Tyger references though. Finally, a dream where I actually know the poem it’s based on :smiley:

2 Likes

Indeed.

Our “love” is out there, calling to us? “Glass-forged chains”? What is in there? Some kind of Fingerking?

I wonder what kind of signs the Tigers are referring to…

3 Likes

Go Eagle clan ! I wanna see this cutting edge, energy humming tech at work! Let’s build a turbo zee quadrimaran! :)

4 Likes

When the Eagles cross the finish line, the Tortoise will be waiting for them already… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Meanwhile, the wisdom of ages and being motivated to not even be touched by water.

2 Likes

indeed! calipers and rope, calipers and rope, we’re a buncha good lads who love calipers and rope!

1 Like

I think the optimal grind is to have enough materials stockpiled to do the halfway contribution three times when it unlocks, and then casing sourced in Parabola. That’s depending on how much the limited to three times option actually pays out, of course.

3 Likes

Oh dear, you need lots of Casing to do this. Where to get Casing? Flit?

3 Likes

One Koloman Republic character mentioned (Ursula die Landsknecht) has an impossible name.

Ursula is feminine, die is the feminine article, but Landsknecht is masculine. There is no possible combination, since the opposite of Knecht (churl, male servant) would not be Knechtin, but Magd. But there is no Landsmagd.

Cringeworthy. Should have checked with a native speaker.

Landsknecht is actually a separate thing from a churl (which is a word I read for the first time today, after reading english fantasy literature for 25 years…) altogether, referring to a fairly narrow type of mercenary during a fairly narrow timeframe, long before 1902. Sorry, 1899. Historically, there is no female form of the Landsknecht (at least not in word), though I faintly remember sources (my grandfather probably) claiming, that historical warfare was not the man-exclusive thing media teach us today. It might be absolutely intentional (on the authors and/or the characters part) to clash the noun with the pronoun. Think of it as reverse drag.

9 Likes

Alternative: Genderfluid Kolomanian nobility

6 Likes

Yeah, this is looking grrrindy.