Estival: The Sixth Coil is here!

My thought is if there’s always something permanent added to FL, the Labyrinth is the obvious choice since they spent so much time and effort on it. What else could it be?

2 Likes

I thought they were making hybrid tiger-snake babies inside there, and raising an army to conquer all of London.

2 Likes

Didn’t someone say during one of the epilogues that they weren’t sure your jury rigged solution would hold? So opening back up the labyrinth so people can periodically check on it / fix up the seals seems like a sensible narrative way to reopen it. Although without the Coilheart Renown rewards I’m not sure how well the burden rewards and memories of light hold up as sufficient EPA to get anyone to do it more than a couple of times!

3 Likes

Ah, okay, thanks. I started playing when he was still at FBG (Sunless Sea was my introduction), but it was quite a while before I started looking at the forums. As best as I can recall anyhow. It was a disturbingly long time ago.
Have you played his new games? Amazing.

Edit: wait a minute, I DO REMEMBER! It’s just been a looong time.
Which was almost as important for me to point out as that tiger urine smells like buttered popcorn.

1 Like

The Coilheart Games draw to a close! Those who have not yet begun the event, but still wish to, have until this Thursday, August 22nd. The event will fully close on Monday, September 2nd, so make sure to conclude by then. Estival Tokens can be retained to spend in future Summer Events, but any unspent Coilheart Renown will be cleared when we close the event.

10 Likes

Excellent name, if I do say so myself.

Unfortunately I still haven’t been able to finish this estival…or, actually, I have been able, but for reasons I will not disclose here I haven’t been playing or engaging with the game and the forums lately. It sounds fantastic, though, and I’m glad you’ll enjoyed it.

I presume there will be new content that will be permanently added once all this is over?

If it’s the Sixth Coil labyrinth, might I suggest improving the mechanics, especially when you are getting out? Maybe also put a reward for reaching the maximum mapping. Make it something like an expedition.

Probably the second.

Hehe, this is exactly what I’m hoping for too! I would love to have a small event (like whale hunt, crate, etc) featuring any of these old and ancient characters.

Good one!!! :rofl:

Oooh, these were on the free air options. Shame I missed most of them, but this one is great! :smiley:

All was well in the end, but, besides the Mechanic, I loved her the most! I hope we’ll see them in the future.

5 Likes

I think that all of the old timers’ though went there.

As for the availability of the 6th coil, the final echoe mentions “This concludes the Coilheart Games, and the opening of the Sixth Coil.”, It’s more than official and my guess is that some stories need to be written to fit the winners and, hopefully, the public’s favourite ones!

And a side note, if you have some low level alts, not playing the Approach the Banded Prince’s dais story, enables you to play the 2.5E ones as much as you like before the event finishes. It’s a great EPA for alts that can barely hit 0.5-1EPA. :slight_smile:

Moral of the story: investigative journalism is expensive. Very, extremely expensive.

The story turn out to be even better than I could ever imagine. Never expect Mr Huffam would play a key role. Hopefully his office at Veilgarden will become permanent accessible location in future, where newcomers and POSI veterans could find quests that fit their respective roles. A short event of Huffam Prize of Journalism might be feasible, I guess.

Congratulations to Failbetter Games. It’s a brilliant piece.

11 Likes

16_2 fishandchips

I thought they were making hybrid tiger-snake babies inside there, and raising an army to conquer all of London.

Dash it, my dear, thank you for that image! Now I want a hybrid ttiger-snake baby companion!

2 Likes

Is maximum Scar Under Skin level 3 after this event? Did I miss a possibility to increase it?

This event didn’t have anything to increase it. I’m betting that Fruits of the Zee will though!

2 Likes

We are so back!

And by “we” I mean the sixth coil. And by “back” I mean hopelessly lost. And by “sixth coil” I mean me, because I’m having trouble holding onto my own identity in here. Send help.

10 Likes

Has anyone spotted the door again now that we’re returning to the labyrinth? Hoping there’ll be something new there!

It’s a shame the rewards for labyrinth runs now are both pretty low and very basic, would have been nice if at least it would be a more convenient grinding source for something useful, even if not a good EPA or SPA.

Yes, I saw it on a run I did last night. I didn’t check on it though as I was already trying to get out of there and didn’t want to waste the action on it.

Do you mean the salon incident? Possibly, I assumed that that was entirely on purpose.

What’s it’s EPA? I haven’t tried it out much since I’ve been at the FotZ

EPA is Echo per action, it is used to know how moneyworth an action or a caroussel is :slight_smile:

Dear FBG team, thank you very much for the sixth coil story. I loved the content, I loved the mechanisms,I loved the pace and I loved the end. This was a masterpiece for me !

I am not the best one to get into details but I really needed to give mighty Kudos here !

4 Likes