Estival 2025 Discussion Thread: Hell is Missing

I initially wondered this as well. However, with time so out of joint it turns out there are ways to make it be Tuesday earlier than one might expect.

No, in order to make it Tuesday, you need to use Fragments of Disordered Time in your inventory (filed under Curiosity).

There is now a first rough Guide on the wiki: Hell is Missing (Guide) - Fallen London Wiki

For those who don’t want to look at the Guide but are stumped, here’s a quick summary:

You need to do 3 different things:

  • Find the Brass Embassy. Travelling around London and reading the Gazette help you with that (there are 6 possible hiding places and it changes every hour!)
  • Use Fragments of Disordered Time to make it Tuesday.
  • Play a hidden option on the “A Glut of Weather” card while you have the Migraine Burden.

It does not matter in which order you do these.

There might even be more to do, but I still haven’t come round to the Weather thing myself. Out of actions for now and no luck drawing cards…

Edit: Enough players have now found the Brass Embassy that an easier way has been opened. You can now unlock the correct location on your first attempt for 100x Map Scraps.

1 Like

Hahhahahhahahaha, this is insane, I love it! Failbetter was not joking when they said it would be different! These people are so, so good!

Once again, though, the puzzle is fully solved and my 20 morning actions haven’t even been enough to get me there, let alone contribute, I’m still not through just trying all the different options (and they are fun as (absence-of)Hell, I would’t want to rush through!). Sigh. I wouldn’t mind so much if I just understood why they always make the number of contributors needed so small that even if you’re right on time you’re unlikely to get in.

I’m still very early in, but there’s already been quite a few lines I loved (pre-Tuesday, if that’s any use as to how early this spoils:

Space snaps like a bitter relative, and then this new Eden is once again toast, disappointing in its modesty.

This option will will will will will will will will will

If you wait around for it to fix itself, you’ll be here all DAY NOT FOUND

2 Likes

The Usual Glut of Weather - I swear, I drew that card three times in the first hour after it was unlocked, when I didn’t know what to do with it. Now that I do, it won’t show up!

I’d tell the RNG to go to Hell, but…

Edit: Finally drew it again. The hidden storylet is called “Nagging Doubts in the Back of Your Mind” and you get there when you Perhaps Not out at “A Return to Shelter”.
Apparently I was only player no. 63 to find this.

Strangely enough, Attend a Lecture at the Brass Embassy still works on the Devils of London card.

It might be an oversight, but at least my favor grinding won’t be affected.

Now if I could only find the Embassy when not attending a lecture…

1 Like

Haha got another silver card.

Now if I could get the proper one even once…

1 Like

Btw, did Chandler Groover write all this? Because it fits his style, and it would explain why he hasn’t done an Exceptional Story recently.

4 Likes


Spatial Laws Hunted is now 543.
Ontological Laws Hunted is now 45.

This is tough. And it’s going to take us quite some time, I think.

Ah, but at least 100 players have now found their way to the Weather key, so that one’s easier path is unlocked now, too.
Edit: It doesn’t seem to work right, though. Better continue using the roundabout way for now. I’ll send in a bug report.

And to make it even harder, there’s a separate counter for spatial laws.

This weather card is hard to pull!

1 Like

Looks like Add One and Law Hunting are both pretty good EPA grinds, the latter if you can deal with menaces.

Also, if you have the materials to Oneiropomp for Investigating, that may be the most profitable grind yet to exist.

1 Like

So we have the “Hunt for evidence of elephants” storylet, which sets the quality “No Evidence of Elephants” to a value.

So what if we set “No Evidence of Elephants” to zero? Does that mean we found evidence of elephants?

I’ve spent a lot of time in the Hurlers, I know how this works. :smile:

I haven’t done the Weather, but entered the ‘missing’ Embassy and now preparing to hunt Laws in Watchmaker’s Hill.

I’m letting Tuesday arrive naturally, not ‘speedrunning’ it. Not sure if this has any in-game implications one way or another.

Also, I found the Embassy in two tries, first attempt was blind. I guessed Veilgarden and Ladybones, nothing there, but I received 500 brass. The second time, I thought to myself: Veilgarden and Spite, checked the Gazette in my lodgings, and it was indeed Veilgarden and Spite. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

What’s the rarity of the Weather card? Standard rarity or uncommon?

It’s standard frequency which means it isn’t uncommon, it’s just that it’s hard to find in a sea of other “standard frequency” cards.

1 Like

Don’t forget to equip your Woeseal to remove a lot of cards from your deck.

REDACTED: See LordBolo’s comment bellow

Don’t equip the Woesel! The Estival Weather card is locked by Woeful!

Anyway, now there is a branch to force-draw the Weather card in the Estival storylet. Just make sure that you have the other prerequisite for the puzzle before force-drawing.

1 Like

Don’t equip the Woesel! The Estival Weather card is locked by Woeful!

Anyway, now there is a branch to force-draw the Weather card in the Estival storylet. Just make sure that you have the other prerequisite for the puzzle before force-drawing.

2 Likes

I was just toodling around to see flavour text and got the Embassy on my second try with no checking! Lol I was flabbergasted.

I did “speedrun” Tuesday arriving with the shards tho, because that just got too frustrating. Im really enjoying the writing so I’m not going to fast.

The wiki says that skip is bugged though?

It’s kind of weird to see all the regular cards popping up!