Election 1897 Candidates

Would it be possible to have the Cheery Man and the Last Constable run together as one candidate? Have it set up so that they don’t actually show up to any events (like slowcake) and then have the Blind Bruiser (Cheery Man’s assistant) revealed to be running in both their names to ‘set things right’. If there are any survivors or the story hasn’t concluded, they don’t want to actually be involved in the campaign but will let the Bruiser run in there names. The platform would be something along the lines of less animosity between the law and crime.

They can’t run as the same candidate, but they could certainly form a party together, with one as a candidate and the other as chief advisor. Or they could create a new position of &quotVice-Mayor.&quot

That said, I have questions! For a lot of us, one or both of them are DEAD, which would introduce all sorts of temporal paradox multi-verse conundrums. But since I love those things, I’m totally on board. ;)

[quote=Floodwaters] snip
Have the Blind Bruiser (Cheery Man’s assistant) revealed to be running in both their names to ‘set things right’.[/quote]Their conflict is so personal that they get mad if the player (aka &quotthe most important person in the game&quot) intervenes. I don’t think they’d let a henchman involve the entire city in their drama.

[quote=Greg M] snip
For a lot of us, one or both of them are DEAD, which would introduce all sorts of temporal paradox multi-verse conundrums. But since I love those things, I’m totally on board. [/quote] I’m afraid, sweet multi-verse cop-out revivals would render most of FL tragedies pointless.

Sardonic Singer, Repentant Forger, and Wry Functionary.

All your buddies at once. Except the Regretful Soldier, but that’s because he’s a bit too pathetic to run for office.
edited by Kaijyuu on 7/9/2018

Wouldn’t that be the sardonic singer, artist model, striggling artist, and the guys with the weasels?

[quote=Greg M]@Jolanda Swan: The Bethlehem Manager–YES. But only if he runs as A Merry Gentleman. SLOGAN: You’ll see him in your dreams…

I want to see some non-humans run:
a) The Rubbery Entrepreneur
b) A CLAY MAN WITH AN UNCOOPERATIVE REPUTATION
c) The Brass Embassy could get a lot farther with the Statuesque Brass Ambassador.
d) One of the Court of the Wakeful Eye ambassadors. (SLOGAN: &quotI am a tiger. Are YOU a tiger?)
e) @yetanotherone: Yes to Lettice or any other Mercy.
f) The Maid on Hunter’s Keep
g) A WINGS OF THUNDER-BAT
h) Haven’t met the Patchwork Rat, but I like it already.
edited by GregM on 7/3/2018[/quote]
If we are to have a Tiger as a candidate, I think it should be one who lives here–the Tiger Keeper. I’m not sure my character would vote for him, mind you–but it would be fun to have him run.

Mrs Plenty

In-character reasons to run: Being mayor, or even just running for mayor, would be a great boon for her business: campaign rallies at the Carnival! Her business and managerial acumen would make her a potent mayor. She is strong willed and not easily intimidated.

Game-content reasons: I want more Carnival content! I would also like to read more of her backstory.

The Ambitious Barrister

In-character reasons to run: She’s ambitious for one thing. She’s also well connected throughout London, including all of the People of Some Importance … who could ask for a finer starting position to run from? As a barrister, she has a fine legal understanding of Mayoral powers.

Game-content reasons: Character development.

Political Tigress

In-character reasons to run: Arrogance.

Game-content reasons: The Court of the Wakeful Eye tie-ins! Fingerking tie-ins! Another coil of the Labyrinth!

True; any candidate that allows for more character development and lore would be a great addition.

Hey, while we’re at it, how about the Repentant Forger? He’s polite, personable, and intelligent, and his prior Criminal background means he really knows the slimy underbelly of the City! With any luck, he might swing a celebrity endorsement from the Contrarian! Though that might actually tank his campaign, come to think of it.

The Widow, please! One of your best characters who’s been criminally underused, lately – as if the current writing staff just forgot about her.

That is an excellent point. By the way, the one detail about her that has always intrigued me is her involvement with the (second edition of) Knife and Candle. During that run of K&C, her card gave her some kind of messenger role with Moon League bouts, I think. Rather curious a thing for a Soft-Hearted lady, I thought.

Ah - I think they were talking about the Gracious Widow.

I would love to see and vote the OVERGOAT! Because ALL FEAR THE OVERGOAT! I am sure, not the worst candidate anyway.

The Kashmiri Princess- she seems to be competent, know, how to manage complicated and risky situation and she is kind of diplomatic. Honestly &quotshe&quot has two brains ;)

The soft-hearted Widow

London’s support for it’s poorest and most suffering citizens isn’t nearly anywhere it should be. The Urchins seem to be doing pretty okay mostly, but we can’t ignore the misery of the lower working classes who really struggle to sustain themselves. The soft-hearted widow would be the ideal candidate to address these issues.
I support her projects whenever she does some fund-raising but we need to think on a larger scale here.
Make London great ag-… well great for the first time really. And for everyone.

Someone rubbery, with tentacles preferably

I don’t think I need to explain this one.

Just give us Jack-of-Smiles as a candidate.

&quotCarve out your happiness!&quot
edited by Tystefy on 10/5/2018

I love the idea of your player character running for mayor, but that would take a WHOLE lot of building to make work. Still, it would be fun. I also love the ideas of Jasper/Frank, a Rattus candidate, or literally anything Not human even though the obvious xenophobia already mentioned earlier would be a problem. I wish the Honey-Addled Detective had more story but I don’t know if it would be in-character for him to run for mayor, but I’ve decided I don’t particularly care and would vote for him anyway. I saw somewhere else the idea of an incognito Master, basically trying to look and act human but failing miserably and everyone knows its a Master and also probably Pages.

Oh my gosh I just had the best/worst idea and this might have already been thought of but…debate between the Topsy King and Mr Pages.
“Deliciforous friends! Do not listention to this liaud!”
“Nay, a goden most capering! Hines the walksies!”
A crowd of spectators watch in confusion and fear.

Honestly, I love the Jovial Contrarian so much that I just want to see him make another comeback.

(Well, not just - there are certainly other neat ideas in this thread that I’d really like to see! - but up against any of them, I’d likely vote for the Contrarian anyway.)

Seconding what Dudebro Pyro said, he should run on another position that’s radically opposed to the ones he’s already espoused!

Laissez-faire capitalism? Reasonable centrism? Unabashed support of the Masters and their otherworldly governance?

[quote=Iona Dre’emt]Oh my gosh I just had the best/worst idea and this might have already been thought of but…debate between the Topsy King and Mr Pages.
&quotDeliciforous friends! Do not listention to this liaud!&quot
&quotNay, a goden most capering! Hines the walksies!&quot
A crowd of spectators watch in confusion and fear.[/quote]

I have to admit that that would make a great election line-up–The Topsy King and Mr. Pages! Everyone would be laughing too hard to vote, though. ;-)

February! she’s great and i want another revolutionary candidate