Election 1897 Candidates

They say it is never to early to start talking about the next election. Just for fun, who would you like to see running?

Personally I would like to see Mr Pages, since he is the only Master adorkable enough to run, as part of some latest plan for love storys.
I would also like to see His Amused Lordship. Because it’s His Amused Lordship.

Haha, just imagine how annoyed the Contrarian would be when Mr Pages wins and gets the Constables back.

I will continue to advocate for the Topsy King. There is no better goden you could have as mayor.

I still think Miriam Plenty would make a great Mayor. She’s tough, wise, and we know from the longevity of the Carnival that she knows how to manage people and run things.

No love for Pages? He is so endearing though. He’s like a giant dork who tries to compliment you on your carpet :)

I mean…he TRIES. Whenever he interacts with people well…he tries! And it would endearing to watch him try to talk to people running for Mayor.
edited by Wilhelm Leibniz III on 7/2/2018

I still stand by my desire to see His Amused Lordship throw his hat into the ring. Behind that fluffy beard and amicable smile, there’s a world of intrigue involved with his character. Let’s put the man in office and set a course South!

As I do every year, I aggressively support the candidacy of the esteemed Doctor Carrywell. A natural philosopher of skill and renown, a master of the Neath’s mysteries, and a subtle and conniving actor on the political stage. Sure, she’s not especially popular or charismatic, but she’s got a certain rough-edged charm and a passion for good coffee, which ought to endear her to the university crowd. There’s no captain who could set a surer course for London’s enlightenment.[li]

Is there any law that prevents non-humans from running? I doubt it, since they let Slowcakes run. If not, I would totally support the Patchwork Rat for mayor. He’d probably implement a Neathy version of the Purge (mandatory Knife-and-Candle games?), and would finally put those horrendous creatures known as cats in their place. However, I’m not sue running for elected office would be his style.

Other than that, I’d support Mr. Sacks. Who doesn’t want it to be Sackmas every day?
edited by Nudraxon on 7/13/2018

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
Why constrain thy ruling might
To the Court of the Wakeful Eye?
Give thee London politics a try!

Mr. Slowcake was exceptional fun, but he wasn’t the Great Game candidate that I was hoping for. Surveying London, the only well established Great Game character with the cover story to run for Mayor would be Mr Clathermont. So how about we nominate him?

Also, I think the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner deserves a second shot.

[quote=Nudraxon]Is there any law that prevents non-humans from running? I doubt it, since they let Slowcakes run. If not, I would totally support the Patchwork Rat for mayor. He’d probably implement a Neathy version of the Purge (mandatory Knife-and-Candle games?), and would finally put those horrendous creatures known as cats in their place. However, I’m not sure running for elected office would be his style.
[/quote]

Well, I’ve been on the record in favor of giving our Little Brothers the vote for a long time. But it’s already a tough sell. Aside from sheer human bigotry, you’d have London’s substantial pro-cat votership to deal with, and yeah, Patches isn’t much of a public speaker.

Yet … I have been longing for the Albino Rat to run, but I’m afraid that the pressures of the campaign might be a bit much for her. But as a team, they’d complement one another’s weaknesses beautifully. She brings the eloquence, sophistication, high-mindedness; he brings the fire, the passion that comes from having hit rock bottom and being repeatedly stomped while he was down there, the stubbornness to keep fighting no matter how bad the odds look.

Oh, they’d quarrel and despair of one another all the time, but they’d come to respect one another and work as a team. Could love possibly bloom between such rats of distinctly opposite character? Stop me before I write this up for Mr. Pages’ Fabularities!

They let Slowcake of Slowcake’s Exceptionals run, not a committee of devils. We doubt latter would have flown.

I’m gonna repeat the idea that someone wrote a few months ago, of three urchins in a trench coat running for mayor.

I, for one, would love to see the Northbound Parliamentarian throw a hat (or seven…) into the ring.

Hah, yeah, my second choice for sure.

Lettice is my first pick though. &quotbastards bastards bastards - where was I?&quot.

His Amused Lordship

The Bethlehem Manager

The Soft-Hearted Widow

The Bishop of St Fiacre

Ms Plenty

The Northbound Parliamentarian

Mr Huffam

The Duchess

@Jolanda Swan: The Bethlehem Manager–YES. But only if he runs as A Merry Gentleman. SLOGAN: You’ll see him in your dreams…

I want to see some non-humans run:
a) The Rubbery Entrepreneur
b) A CLAY MAN WITH AN UNCOOPERATIVE REPUTATION
c) The Brass Embassy could get a lot farther with the Statuesque Brass Ambassador.
d) One of the Court of the Wakeful Eye ambassadors. (SLOGAN: &quotI am a tiger. Are YOU a tiger?)
e) @yetanotherone: Yes to Lettice or any other Mercy.
f) The Maid on Hunter’s Keep
g) A WINGS OF THUNDER-BAT
h) Haven’t met the Patchwork Rat, but I like it already.
edited by GregM on 7/3/2018

The worst thing would be if the Topsy King and His Amused Lordship ran in the same year. I would have to choose between the two and that would be horrible.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 7/3/2018

[quote=Wilhelm Leibniz III]They say it is never to early to start talking about the next election. Just for fun, who would you like to see running?

Personally I would like to see Mr Pages, since he is the only Master adorkable enough to run, as part of some latest plan for love storys.
[/quote]

Yeeessssss. MR PAGES for MAYOR 1897! &quotWe shall turn this anderushig of a city into the most jokalsdi!&quot

I’m going to nominate Virginia, the Bishop of St Fiacre, and Monsieur Pleat when the thread goes up. Not as a trio - I don’t think they’d be very balanced together - but any of the three would promise an interesting mayoral story for me to look forward to.