Election 1897: 15th July!

Did everyone else get a profession item when they chose their Election profession? I took agitator as I’ve done the other two professions and I wanted to get the third item, only I don’t think I got it.

I can contact support about it but I wanted to check if I’ve just misunderstood or something first in case the Election doesn’t work the same way this year as it did last.

Given that the new style portraits have been very hit-or-miss for me so far, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the candidates’ ones this year.

[quote=NinjaComedian]Did everyone else get a profession item when they chose their Election profession? I took agitator as I’ve done the other two professions and I wanted to get the third item, only I don’t think I got it.

I can contact support about it but I wanted to check if I’ve just misunderstood or something first in case the Election doesn’t work the same way this year as it did last.[/quote]Items will be available beginning next week. You can still buy them for Fate right now, but the free gift comes when you choose your candidate.

Huzzah! The heat is on!

So besides getting involved in cool story and having thrill of supporting candidates, how to get most of material (Echose/Items) profit from elections for myself?

Well, first of all you get a free (and sometimes great) item once you choose your candidate. Then Flash Lays and Heists give you items at the end. And you can exchange extra Reputation for items, once you have reached peak career.

I answered the first poll question. Then, because I’m being a fixer, I was given an opportunity to bribe the pollster to “spread the word about your candidate instead”. I don’t even have a candidate yet, how does that make sense?

Thanks for the reminder on how the gifts work.

On another subject, I’ve seen one or two mentions of heists now. Where are they? Under the Election story I just have the stuff for candidates, career and reputation, items and a flash lay. I don’t see any heist option at all. Am I looking in the wrong place?

It makes about as much sense as me already being a level 13 Agitator without a candidate to agitate for.

Right now it seems like London is full of people throwing their weight around making sure others will back their candidate - whenever they bother to get around to choosing a candidate that is!

It makes about as much sense as me already being a level 13 Agitator without a candidate to agitate for.

Right now it seems like London is full of people throwing their weight around making sure others will back their candidate - whenever they bother to get around to choosing a candidate that is![/quote]

Sounds like a bug; I couldn’t choose the &quotspread the word&quot alternative, it was grayed out.

Eh, I understand that it seems funny building up reputation without a candidate, but it does make more sense to only choose a candidate the second week. You need to find out about them first and make an informed decision.
As for Heists, I am looking for them too, but I remember them from last year. I can’t imagine they deactivated them now, but I can’t find them either.

Good old Contrarian.

All vote to Virginia, next mayor must be devil!

Why?

Well, it would certainly be a first. Bit of diversity, what? And whatever else might come of it, I’m sure it would be an interesting term. Diverting.

Diverting your soul from the body, perhaps.

Why?[/quote]
Even princess is devil (stupid Sunless Skies).
[li]

[quote=Azothi][quote=NinjaComedian]Did everyone else get a profession item when they chose their Election profession? I took agitator as I’ve done the other two professions and I wanted to get the third item, only I don’t think I got it.

I can contact support about it but I wanted to check if I’ve just misunderstood or something first in case the Election doesn’t work the same way this year as it did last.[/quote]Items will be available beginning next week. You can still buy them for Fate right now, but the free gift comes when you choose your candidate.[/quote]

For those who’ve done all three professions, do they get a second of the Election profession item e.g. a second poisoned pen etc., does anyone know (or can guess)?

Good old Contrarian.[/quote]
As expected. D_mn, I’m going to miss him.

Wasn’t she that, um, creature long before SS?