Election 1895 Begins!

Three things I really love.

1. The fact you can get people to vote for Temperance by getting them drunk on Church wine :P
  2. The Campaigner is referred to as 'the Steel Lady.&quot
  3. The Campaigner’s purse, which is something else.

Feducci supporter here with some scandal you can get rid of, if so inclined.

[quote=Anne Auclair]Three things I really love.

1. The fact you can get people to vote for Temperance by getting them drunk on Church wine :P
  3. The Campaigner’s purse, which is something else.[/quote]

Odd, I wouldn’t have pegged her for a tie to Benthic…

[quote=Pnakotic][quote=Anne Auclair]Three things I really love.

3. The Campaigner’s purse, which is something else.[/quote]

Odd, I wouldn’t have pegged her for a tie to Benthic…[/quote]
Huh?

If you are an Agitator and you don’t support Feducci, please speak up so my mob and I can violently harass you.

[quote=Infinity Simulacrum][quote=Sam Stephens]I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m strongly considering the Campaigner for my candidate. She claims to be helping the poor, after all. Do I really need mushroom wines more than the poor need food?

On the other hand, I have some ties pulling me towards the Detective. I began as a detective myself, and we’re fellow members of the Dilmun Club. How could I look her in the eye at meetings unless I lend her my vote?

Could anybody help me decide? I’m in a bit of a dilemma here. XD[/quote]
Naturally, I’d invite you to join the cause of the Temperance Campaign, being as I have sided with our dignified lady.
If you’re not familiar with the Temperance movement in the 19th century, it had strong ties to Women’s Suffrage (equality) and Animal Rights, so it’s not only helping the poor, it’s helping everyone who’s finding himself at a disadvantage for being born different in our beautiful little London.

If you find yourself on our side of the fray, be sure to hit up our donations page, we have some fixers who’d be more than pleased to offer you some scandal and suspicon cures, and plenty are willing to donate if you happen to be a campaigner.[/quote]

I wasn’t aware of that, thanks! You learn something new every day. Temperance worked out a bit differently in America. Organized crime thrived during the Prohibition, since alcohol was an easy way to fund their other operations. But that’s not here or there. Thanks for the info! I just chose the Campaigner as my candidate. I’m a Fixer, same as last year, so I’ll be helping you all from the shadows. ;)

The kicker here is that, for all of you people’s arguments in the threads for the candidates, whoever wins, his/her term would not be any more impactful than Jenny’s.

The most that might be obtained from any winner is a premium story accessible only to paying players, and a card that everyone gets.

And if that card has tea, I will consider the short stories and money and all my favours in high places well spent.

[quote=Rostygold]The kicker here is that, for all of you people’s arguments in the threads for the candidates, whoever wins, his/her term would not be any more impactful than Jenny’s.

The most that might be obtained from any winner is a premium story accessible only to paying players, and a card that everyone gets.[/quote]
Well, at the minimum there will be:

1. A free story staring the Mayor at a future festival (last year it was the Festival of the Zee).
  2. The Mayoral influence card.
  3. A premium story for a modest fate price that leaves you and London with something permanent.
  4. A special Christmas card, again purchased with fate.
  5. A special Hallowmas confession/Mr Huffam conversation.
  6. One last Mayoral event at the end of term that introduces the new candidates (in Jenny’s case a ball).

Oh, I’ll miss Sinning Jenny. I liked how she always called me petal.
And I’ve surprised myself by backing Feducci. I’m too fond of honey and wine for the Campaigner and too much of a master thief for the Detective. I’ve killed Feducci in several duels so I’m kind of fond of the fellow.

Did the Bishop really say, &quotBut what is God if not love, eh? Vengeance, that’s what!&quot? I think someone stopped reading after Malachi.

Ah, His Grace was just yankin’ your stole. Bit of the ol’ boisterous clerical humour.

Does anyone know what the stats are on the ballot box home comfort?

The candidate items for Feducci and the Detective are both best in slot, correct? Are any other items (besides the fantastic wax-hardened boots) worthwhile from a mechanical perspective?

+6 shadowy, so tied with other fate locked items for best in slot. And no, I think thats all of them.

[quote=Harlocke]Does anyone know what the stats are on the ballot box home comfort?

The candidate items for Feducci and the Detective are both best in slot, correct? Are any other items (besides the fantastic wax-hardened boots) worthwhile from a mechanical perspective?[/quote]

You’ll have to cough up 40(!) fate for it, but there’s a +6 shadowy home comfort (Voting Booth) that would probably be best in slot for that unless you’re a midnighter.

Did anyone get an echo of Sister Lydia?

At the ball? Yeah, Juniper did.

Oh, you could talk to Sister Lydia? I missed her somehow…

Oh, you could talk to Sister Lydia? I missed her somehow…[/quote]

[li]
I think you needed to have her as a companion.

[quote=Ylem]How does one see all this? It won’t let me out of mingle or leave with on occasional option to talk to Jenny.[/quote]Keep on going. The conversations don’t use any actions, so you can keep on mingling and new options appear based on the Airs. Just hit the button and hope the RNGod smiles upon you.