Downtime? Lag?

I know! It must be that ZenInternet’s retribution aganist the Tiger-Keeper’s jammy quips. Uh oh!

I have been able to get in to do actions, although at a limited pace. After refreshing enough that the page loads properly I can attempt to draw cards and do actions, clicking on the story tab to reload just that if it fails to connect.

Refreshing works. Dreadfully painful and time-consuming, but it allows you to navigate the site at a snail’s pace. I’ve been using the mobile app, and syncing to ensure my progress won’t be lost. It takes a few tries.

I got this to happen: http://i.imgur.com/30BitSq.png

Tee-hee. :)
edited by Kaijyuu on 4/29/2016

[quote=Kaijyuu]I got this to happen: http://i.imgur.com/30BitSq.png

Tee-hee. :)
edited by Kaijyuu on 4/29/2016[/quote]
That… is delightful. Exceptional friends indeed.

Server’s generally giving 503 for me as well. The strange part is that a 503 error code is generally indicative of server maintenance, and returns as a 503 because a small part of the server has been left &quotup&quot (and this means PURPOSEFUL maintenance, not &quotoops, we flipped the wrong switch and turned off the server instead of the lights&quot).
Which would make sense, except there was no announcement about upcoming server downtime; additionally, that should mean that we wouldn’t be able to access the server at any point. Since we can, unless FBG’s experiencing a serious caffeine shortage and so they’ve goofed in that regard, something…strange…is going on.

Sorry if I’m rambling. Quick Reply gave me two half-lines of text at a time, so I’m probably not coherent.

EDIT: Meant to mention it earlier, but: StoryNexus is down as well, obviously, but I’ve noticed a rather strange behavior on its part: the main site seems to be functioning fine, although the &quotLogin&quot option is generally missing (presumable due to this issue, whatever it is). And I’ve noticed that some parts of the SN game creator (such as the Debug function) are consistently down (they’ve never worked after refreshing).
And since we’re all posting here, but nobody’s mentioned anything from FBG’s support team, I’m assuming that the server hosting failbettergames.com is one of the few that still is working for them.
edited by gelza1 on 4/29/2016

Refreshing isn’t working. Alas! I will keep trying.

It’s been down for me since lunchtime in GMT-10. I got one of those “Only Exceptional Friends can enter” messages for Ladybones Road. Other times only the border would load, other times it would go to Server Error 503.

If I go to the http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Gap/Load?content=%2FStorylet%2FAvailable# URL from my history, it’s more likely to display the page, but then usually actions don’t work. Something is badly wrong somewhere.

Just reread my post and realized how boring, obvious and uninteresting my “deductions” or whatever you want to call them (as derogatory as it gets, if you please) were.
My apologies.

SWEET VENGEANCE OF THE JAMLORDS

I was beginning to think I angered Salt by visiting Mutton Island.

The bug with refusing to travel to normal locations because of Exceptional Friendship requirements, regardless of your EF status, has been around for a while. From what I can tell it’s an error message that sometimes gets thrown when the server can’t make the change in location on the map screen, hence why I’ve been seeing it a lot when traveling right after a generic error from not reaching the server.

I wouldn’t mind refreshing repeatedly to get actions through, but when I do that I don’t see the resulting text. Normally it wouldn’t be an issue, but I’m stuck in the mansion with the apes and have already missed a bunch of story trying that. =\

So now I sit wasting actions hoping it starts working again soon.

Gah, just when I’m about to uncover the Vake secrets. It’s like THEY knew it.

Gah, just when I hit 30/32 making waves required to get Notability 9. It’s like they KNEW it.
And it’s Thursday, too. Making Waves resets Fridays…
edited by kcajjuh on 4/29/2016

Gah, just when I hit 30/32 making waves required to get Notability 9. It’s like they KNEW it.
edited by kcajjuh on 4/29/2016[/quote]
I thought it was Mondays?

edited by kcajjuh on 4/29/2016[/quote]
I thought it was Mondays?[/quote]
Well, I can swear that it’s Fridays for me. (Pacific time)

Pretty sure it varies by player and favorite jam flavor.

It gets reset on different days for different people based on when you first escaped from the Prison tutorial.

It’s now 7:20 am here in UK so hopefully FBG will be in the office soonish to deal with this

Crossing my fingers.