Connected: The Docks rework in progress!

I’m happy to let you known that you’re mistaken here- the Carnival option requires ‘at most 4’, so you can totally use it to get Renown 5.[li][/quote]

Yes, but I don’t think it’ll work to generate further Favours to use for expeditions, if that makes sense.

True. It’s probably still viable in the short term, though, since you’ll likely end up with 7 Favours after working up your Renown.

I feel like it’s still probably the most efficient source of supplies- it’s just harder to repeat now, so if you want to go on an expedition ASAP instead of just poking away at supplies while working on others things, Whispered Hints is a better option now.

It increases Subtle and decreases Forceful.

It increases Subtle and decreases Forceful.[/quote]

Already you built enough favors to get 15 renown? Way to go!
So this is the only known source to push Subtle above 10, that is repeatable and non EF fate-locked.

I had connected: docks 21, and now have 7 favours and 0 renown. And Hiram had connected: docks 10, and has 4 favours and 0 renown.

I’m curious what others had/got.
edited by fallingkitten on 3/9/2016

[quote=lady ciel ]Criminal Favours go to 7. As far as I know Criminal Renown is uncapped as long as you have the resources and can pass the stat challenge.[/quote]The highest level is 50, possesed by this gentleman. Increase your Renown requires a stat minimum, not just a test, so as far as I know, it is impossible to get your stats high enough to surpass 50.

Renown: Criminals also unlocks certain cards, such as &quotA merry sort of crime.&quot I presume Renown: Docks will do the same.

Connected: Docks 302 turned into Renown: Docks 46.

I don’t think I realized this, but is the “a merry sort of crime” card the most efficient (repeatable) source of Prisoner’s Honey, assuming it takes you an action to get the Criminal Favour you need and an action to play the card? It looks as if it’s twice as good as Unfinished Business or yacht parties at sea.

So Renown: Docks is out? I can’t seem to find it for my character, and I can’t use the carnival option (I have six favours) so I know I have some. Is there something I’m missing?

Due to unknown reasons, Renown: Docks are located in the Story category for the time being.

By the way, 316 Docks convert to 49 Renown and 7 Favours.

I still haven’t had my connected translate over to renown yet, favours it’s given me but I’m still seeing a connected quality. Should this resolve itself tonight or is this a bug?

The Connected quality will disappear once FBG has gotten everything implemented and manually removes it from the game, I think. It stuck around for a little while after the Criminals update as well.

Thank you.
83 connected to 10 renown.

Is the Renown 49 descriptor still &quotKnown in the distant corners of the Unterzee&quot
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 3/10/2016

Check under &quotStory&quot Connected: the Docks is listed there instead of under Contacts for some reason.

363 Docks turned into Renown: The Docks 50 - They say your veins run thick with gold and salt.

I got 5 renown for 55 connected. Based on what was posted here, it looks like the formula is renown = (connected - 21) / 6, rounded down with a cap at 50, and favors = connected / 3 rounded up with a cap at 7. Does that look right to everyone?

If that is right, then you get way more bang for your connected buck if you have higher connected. My 1525 change points* of connected yielded 15 change points of renown (approximately 100:1), whereas Nigel’s 13875 change points of connected yielded 1081 change points of renown (approximately 13:1). The discrepancy is because the change points per level plateaus at 50, so each level of connected above that takes the same amount of work, while each extra level of converted renown represents more and more gain.

…It’d be nice if the formula were tweaked for the next faction to be kinder to the more connection-poor denizens.

• The formula for change points is cp = lvl * (lvl + 1) / 2 for lvl < 50, and cp = lvl * 50 - 1225 for cp > 50.

Wowsers. I’m maxed Shadowy, and like I said I now need Moods to get past 43 (having started on 18). So I’m not even sure it’s possible to get to 50, let alone beyond it. Looks like this is one of those super-high levels that was grandfathered in for those with extremely high Connected from before the change.

363 Docks turned into Renown: The Docks 50 - They say your veins run thick with gold and salt.[/quote]

Gah. What a great descriptor!

[quote=A B Nile]Wowsers. I’m maxed Shadowy, and like I said I now need Moods to get past 43 (having started on 18). So I’m not even sure it’s possible to get to 50, let alone beyond it. Looks like this is one of those super-high levels that was grandfathered in for those with extremely high Connected from before the change.[/quote]Perhaps it’s reachable by becoming an Invisible Eminence? (increase base Shadowy to 215 with Notability)

The old &quotConnected&quot quality will remain for a little while, just to ensure the new system works properly, and then finally removed.

I agree that once all factions are converted this way it will look better to have a section for Renown and a section for Favours.

(Actually, Favours can become an inventory item (ideally in its own category), and not a character quality, since it behaves like an item in every relevant way. This will also allow it to be clickable and add actions on it, as I’ve suggested here)